• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Curt James' training journal

Alton Brown?? Curt he's anorexic!!!

Blame DaMayor! :D

:DWait a minute......Is that Juggie?

Who, the bald guy?

Wait!

but you get the gist.

Is that low-carb gist? Because I'm trying to measure up to your standards.

That was a joke.....

It was?

sarcasometer.jpg

(smacks machine)

This thing must be on the blink again! :mad:

Friday, April 16, 2010

Leg press 3 sets of 8-10
405 X 5, 370 X 5, 310 X 15
Maxed out the Life Fitness seated leg press, but my reps dropped from 10 with 400 to five with 405! Rollerskating this afternoon effed up my leg workout?
DB lunges 3 sets of 10
40's X 10, 10, 10
Leg extensions and Leg curls superset 3 sets of 8-10
L.E.
120 X 10, 10 (160 previous)
L.C.
120 X 10, 10 (145 previous)
I reduced weight with the roller rink as my excuse.
rolleyes.gif

Life Fitness treadmill 20:00 @ 3.5 speed, 3.5 incline

Saturday a.m. weigh in: 195.8 lbs.

Last week's weigh in showed 196.6, so...

Not especially impressed.

Still, the number is a fraction lower.

Saturday a.m. weigh in: 194.7 lbs.

Down almost two pounds for my fellow math impaired peeps!

I'm looking at my waist and wondering if I have any lean body mass whatsoever, though.

Definitely not celebrating this "weight loss" as there are so many variables involved. I put less water in my protein shake last night with the weigh in in mind. And I took in my last meal earlier than the previous week, too. Plus, I held off on the weigh in until after Total Evacuation was Achieved???.

:coffee: :nerd: :clapping: :geewhiz:

I'm encouraged in my dismissal of measuring grams of protein, carbs, and fat as well as the counting of calories by Shawn Ray (on MD Radio) stating he never counted a calorie or dealt with macros. He went by mirror.

I'm not Shawn Ray, but I am going by the mirror. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my visual goal.

Oh yes, you must definitely "evacuate" before you weigh in. I also blow my nose, pluck my eyebrows, file my nails, and spit a couple of times. I'm looking for all the help I can get. :flex:

Good job, Curt!

:clap:

Saturday a.m. weigh in: 194.7 lbs.

Down almost two pounds for my fellow math impaired peeps!

Excellent.:thumb:

I'm looking at my waist and wondering if I have any lean body mass whatsoever, though.

Oh Pullleeeease! :funny:Curt....am I going to have to take you to a therapist? YOU AREN'T CLINICALLY OBESE! You're just trying to get leaner. There is a profound difference, Y'know. And trust me...DaMayor KNOWS fat.:nerd::yes:

Definitely not celebrating this "weight loss" as there are so many variables involved. I put less water in my protein shake last night with the weigh in in mind. And I took in my last meal earlier than the previous week, too. Plus, I held off on the weigh in until after Total Evacuation was Achieved???.

Oh, celebrate it. Water weight..whatever. The scale moved...enjoy the moment and be glad it isn't going in the opposite direction.:clap:

I'm encouraged in my dismissal of measuring grams of protein, carbs, and fat as well as the counting of calories by Shawn Ray (on MD Radio) stating he never counted a calorie or dealt with macros. He went by mirror.
I'm not Shawn Ray, but I am going by the mirror. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my visual goal.

Wha tha wha? :hair: Not counting who? what? :eek2: Okay, alright, okay, okay okay (Joe Pesci) Um, Shawn Ray is, from what I can conclude visually anyway, a genetically blessed African American male. Now, I'm not trying to do any racial profiling here, but....a large percentage of Brothers (at least the ones I work out with) are gifted from birth...small waist, broad shoulders...a great canvas to paint on. Curt.....I don't know how to tell you this.....but, we're Honkies. Honkies really really need to count calories.:roflmao:

^Very funny!

I swear there are muscle fibers that are only hit by roller skating. These muscle had long atrophied and were rudely awakening by my ill-advised and clearly diabolical counterclockwise movement around the rink.

I. Am! SO! SORE!!! :(

But, wait! There's MORE to complain about. My cheat meal included a protein drink, half sleeve of pb Girl Scout cookies, and a plate of spaghetti. I had gotten up late on this (or that) lazy Saturday, had a protein shake and a tbsp of pb, didn't think of eating again until 4 p.m. :doh:, and calculated that I'd have to eat every two hours to get my six meals in.

By midnight I was no fan of food. It's after 2 a.m. and I'm still feeling kinda "Errgh!" :barf:

It is very interesting how doing a particular activity can make you feel completely out of shape and over the hill.
As you mentioned, the rollerskating.
You first metally comtemplate doing this activity, and somewhere along the line you say, "Hey, I workout 4 times a week, I'm in the best shape of my life. This'll be a piece of cake compared to those 30 squats I did yesterday."
Then you (in my case) pick up that rake and begin dislodging all the compacted leaves in your lawn. Only 30 minutes later you stop and try to stand up straight and holy crap! a shooting pain races up your back! WTF?!?
I'm with you Curt. You can do all the training you want, but there's always some muscles not being woken up until some mundane task comes along and reminds you that feeling like a 20 year old is not the same as being a 20 year old!

There's MORE to complain about. My cheat meal included a protein drink, half sleeve of pb Girl Scout cookies, and a plate of spaghetti.

WHAT THA?!?:shrug:

I retract my previous "Excellent". Back to time-out, Curt James. :D

My free meal today was a TOTAL rip-off......Red Lobster....didn't want to spend thrity buck on steak and lobster today, so I opted for the broiled bay scallops and shrimp scampi. Turned out to be a smallish ramekin with about a dozen pea-sized scallops and eight teenie little cocktail shrimp. This, after watching my wife and son polish off a whole basket of those cheese buscuits.....Heck, I almost O.D'd on Benefiber last night in hopes of clearing out my system for the big Free Meal.........that junk doesn't work by the way. :booty: and she wants to know why I'm a little grumpy today, LOL!:crazy:

It is very interesting how doing a particular activity can make you feel completely out of shape and over the hill.
As you mentioned, the rollerskating.
You first metally comtemplate doing this activity, and somewhere along the line you say, "Hey, I workout 4 times a week, I'm in the best shape of my life. This'll be a piece of cake compared to those 30 squats I did yesterday."
Then you (in my case) pick up that rake and begin dislodging all the compacted leaves in your lawn. Only 30 minutes later you stop and try to stand up straight and holy crap! a shooting pain races up your back! WTF?!?
I'm with you Curt. You can do all the training you want, but there's always some muscles not being woken up until some mundane task comes along and reminds you that feeling like a 20 year old is not the same as being a 20 year old!

Agreed on that, unfortunately.

Last year I woke up the one morning feeling like I had broken glass where my knees were supposed to be. Swept my mind for thoughts of what I might have done. Remembered taking the steps two at a time instead of walking up them touching each step. I couldn't believe that something as second nature as bounding up and down stairs would give me that "Hey, you're not 20!" wake-up call. :mad:

I suspect that I'll forget my age at 90 (or 60) and skip a step and wind up with a compound fracture for my trouble. :loser:

WHAT THA?!?:shrug:

I retract my previous "Excellent". Back to time-out, Curt James. :D

My free meal today was a TOTAL rip-off......Red Lobster....didn't want to spend thrity buck on steak and lobster today, so I opted for the broiled bay scallops and shrimp scampi. Turned out to be a smallish ramekin with about a dozen pea-sized scallops and eight teenie little cocktail shrimp. This, after watching my wife and son polish off a whole basket of those cheese buscuits.....Heck, I almost O.D'd on Benefiber last night in hopes of clearing out my system for the big Free Meal.........that junk doesn't work by the way. :booty: and she wants to know why I'm a little grumpy today, LOL!:crazy:

I couldn't finish the spaghetti. The shake and cookies filled me up. :(

Next time I'm having a smaller shake, skip the cookies, and enjoy the entire plate of pasta.

Benefiber is nothing compared to Fiberlyze. But even Fiberlyze is having some difficulty battling my peanut butter ingestion these days. Ahem.

I would have done 25 minutes of cardio, but the gym closed and the counter person seemed kinda antsy to leave.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

IML Gear Cream!
And... just MAYBE chemically enhanced.:clapping:

I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certain that I could juice until my eyes exploded and I wouldn't come close to looking like Shawn Ray.

But, yes, maaaaaybe he used a little sumpin'. lol :)

Monday, April 19, 2010

Back/Biceps
Pull ups (negatives) 3 sets of 5
5, 5, 5
Lat Pull Downs 3 sets of 8-10
160 X 5, 5, 6
One armed dumbbell rows 3 sets of 8-10 80 X 6, 6, 6
Seated rows 3 sets of 8-10
160 X 10, 10, 8
Bicep curls 3 sets of 8-10
85 X 8, 8
Hammer curls 3 sets of 8-10
50's X --
Cardio, Life Fitness 3.5 speed @ 3.5 incline X 15 minutes

Reposting the workout and menu just to keep it in my face.

Weight Training: 3 times a week

Monday: Back/Biceps
Pull ups (negatives) 3 sets of 5
Lat Pull Downs 3 sets of 8-10
One armed dumbbell rows 3 sets of 8-10
seated rows 3 sets of 8-10
bicep curls 3 sets of 8-10
hammer curls 3 sets of 8-10

Wednesday: Chest/Shoulder/Triceps
Incline DB benches 3 sets of 8-10
Chest Machine 3 sets of 8-10
Dip machine 3 sets of 8-10
Pec deck 3 sets of 8-10
Seated DB Press 3 sets of 8-10
Single-arm machine tricep extensions 3 sets of 8-10

Friday: Legs
Leg press 3 sets of 8-10
DB lunges 3 sets of 10
Leg extensions and Leg curls superset 3 sets of 8-10

Cardio for 20 - 60 minutes at end of each workout (Life Fitness treadmill)

Meal Plan:

Meal #1
5 whole eggs (Omega-3 eggs) with 3 additional egg whites
Meal #2
Shake: 45g whey with 1 heaping teaspoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added)
Meal #3
8 oz chicken with one handful cashews
Meal #4
Shake: 45g whey with 1 heaping teaspoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added)
Meal #5
8 oz salmon, swordfish, or red meat with a green salad with 2 tablespoon of EVOO
Meal #6

Shake: 50g whey with 1 heaping teaspoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added)

Once per week: High calorie, high carb, cheat meal eating whatever I want for one hour (in place of Meal #6)

Added the following stack to my daily routine beginning April 1, 2010.

1-Andro Rx
Week 1 – two capsules, three times per day.
Week 2 – two capsules, three times per day.
Week 3 – two capsules, three times per day.
Week 4 – three capsules, three times per day.
Week 5 – two capsules, three times per day.
Week 6 – one capsule, three times per day.

Anabolix-Matix

Week 1-6 - two capsules, two times per day.

Followed by PCT with 6-TRIONE (6-OXO replacement).

6-TRIONE (6-OXO REPLACEMENT) 60 CAPS - Supplement | Massnutrition.com

imlstack.jpg

Feedback, suggestions, recommendations, expressions of sincere "Wtf?" are requested. Thanks. :nerd:

Almost three weeks on 1-Andro Rx and I'm breaking out like a teenager. lol

I've had three different people make comments about my gaining size or "You been hitting the gym, buddy?" I don't talk lifting to anyone, so I'm hoping it's a good sign that the workouts are having a positive result.

Otoh, co-workers are known to make conversation like that. "Hey, did you get a haircut?" or "Are those new glasses?"

So asking a guy if he's been hitting the gym could easily be in the realm of generic small talk.

I can't argue with the zit above my right eyebrow though. Jeebus!

^Thank you!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chest/Shoulder/Triceps
Incline DB benches 3 sets of 8-10
65's X 5, 3
Chest Machine 3 sets of 8-10
100 X 15, 105 X 10, 115 X 8
Dip machine 3 sets of 8-10
150 X 10, 10, 8
Pec deck 3 sets of 8-10
115 X 13, 8, 5
Seated DB Press 3 sets of 8-10