• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Curt James' training journal

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Recently I've been following a circuit routine using Life Fitness machines at my local (to home) Gold's or Body Masters machines circuit at my nearby (to work) Planet Fitness.

But that's not why I'm starting this journal.

Uh, anyone see Book of Eli?

Went to the 4:30 p.m. showing today. It's been trashed a bit by the critics, but I really enjoyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UvIwyjLxw

Last edited:
^I'm beginning my journal with a cut.

March 29, 2010 as the start date. Ten weeks to June 1, 2010.

I'm planning on dropping from 200something to 180 or so. Looking for a twenty-pound loss.

Thank you for asking.

I'm in south-central Pennsylvania and have been hibernating for some time now.

blizzardsiny.jpg

20 pounds in 10 weeks Curt? Is that even possible without losing lbm?
How you planning to go about it? Standard calories deficit or low carb/refeed?

20 pounds in 10 weeks Curt? Is that even possible without losing lbm?
How you planning to go about it? Standard calories deficit or low carb/refeed?

I'll be 48 in August and dropped that same amount at age 45 using an Ellington Darden crash diet. lol

Designed for two weeks, I followed it for that little bit over two months. Lost two pounds ever week for ten weeks.

Yes, I lost lbm, but I don't have much to begin with, so it's almost a non-factor.

I jumped big time from the end of the starvation cut to a few weeks after ending the diet.

At the end of the cut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuGC-za9ngo
October 31, 2007 @ 149 lbs., 6'1"

After:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5sera9-rlE
January 5, 2008 @ 186.5 lbs.

I was doing a full-body workout three times per week plus daily cardio. Near the end I was doing double cardio sessions of varying intensity. I'd spend 45 minutes to an hour on the treadmill, ten minutes at 3.0 speed, 3 minutes at 6.0, 5 minutes at 4.0, 2 minutes at 6.5, and so on.

Blogged it on BodySpace. My account is curt_james on that site, fwiw.

Last edited:
Wow. Those are some nice traps in the second vid!

ok, so I'll post my workouts from Sunday and today tonight when I get home because I forgot to bring my log book in. :(

I always journaled pen and paper, but had been marking down my workouts using the memo section or feature on my BlackBerry.

Who'za NERD?

Can even e-mail it to myself and then copy/paste the workout into my journal. Maintain a workout journal here (non-existent, okay, starting end of next month) and on Rx, MD, and a few other sites.

Wow. Those are some nice traps in the second vid!

lol

Uh, thanks.

Because traps are the muscle group of choice for impressing people. :D

I'd trade a bit of trapezius for shoulder width and triceps.

Okay, and just about every other body part.

Seriously, I appreciate the good word. :thumb:

I always journaled pen and paper, but had been marking down my workouts using the memo section or feature on my BlackBerry.

Who'za NERD?

Can even e-mail it to myself and then copy/paste the workout into my journal. Maintain a workout journal here (non-existent, okay, starting end of next month) and on Rx, MD, and a few other sites.

ok, so you can put it in your BlackBerry.... so why not start posting now? Are you going to follow the same FB routine that you did last time?

^That's the plan or goal. And "why not start posting now?"

Because I'm not in the gym now. I lost my motivation recently with work demands, the weather, [insert other excuses here]. :(

IML Gear Cream!
oh, I hear ya... yeah, we went through that too :( although no reason this year, we have no snow, just rain and clouds...

BUT - start taking more vitamin D... I'm taking 5,000 mg a day for this time of year, it helps.. TOH is taking 10,000..

Pennsylvania huh... my hubby is HUGE Steelers fan.... me,,, um,, well.... Raiders... :rolleyes:

oh, I hear ya... yeah, we went through that too :( although no reason this year, we have no snow, just rain and clouds...

BUT - start taking more vitamin D... I'm taking 5,000 mg a day for this time of year, it helps.. TOH is taking 10,000..

Pennsylvania huh... my hubby is HUGE Steelers fan.... me,,, um,, well.... Raiders... :rolleyes:

I popped an Animal Pak this morning. D'OH! Well, the label says it contains (looks at container) Wtf? 680 IU?

I prefer the look in the second vid.

Me, too.

I don't look like either video right now. lol

:whip: Get busy! :)

Starting back March 8th as the revised kickoff date.

Tell me about it. Snow sucks!

Yes, yes it does. :mad:

I worked this routine years back. Going to be using it again in a bit.

August to November 2007:

ChickenTuna-inspired Workout Program

(ChickenTuna is Laura Harris from BodySpace. http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ChickenTuna/)

Weight Training: 3 times a week

Monday: Back/Biceps
Pull ups (negatives) 3 sets of 5
Lat Pull Downs 3 sets of 8-10
One armed dumbbell rows 3 sets of 8-10
seated rows 3 sets of 8-10
bicep curls 3 sets of 8-10
hammer curls 3 sets of 8-10

Wednesday: Chest/Shoulder/Triceps
Incline DB benches 3 sets of 8-10
Chest Machine 3 sets of 8-10
Dip machine 3 sets of 8-10
Pec deck 3 sets of 8-10
Seated DB Press 3 sets of 8-10
Single dumbbell overhead triceps or machine tricep extensions 3 sets of 8-10

Friday: Legs
Leg press 3 sets of 8-10
DB lunges 3 sets of 10
Leg extensions and Leg curls superset 3 sets of 8-10

Cardio for 20 - 60 minutes at end of each workout (Life Cycle)

sub'd - snow is all gone here except for an occasional mountain in a parking lot. (in S. DE)

ChickenTuna is smoking hot. The killer routines she does makes those abs to die for. :hot:

IML Gear Cream!
ChickenTuna is smoking hot. The killer routines she does makes those abs to die for. :hot:

Oh, yeah. She is a looker and lean? Just perfect!

So.... when are you starting? Let's get busy! :)

Monday.

Workout above.

And here's the intended menu.

Meal #1
5 whole eggs (Omega-3 eggs) with 3 additional egg whites
Meal #2
Shake: 45g whey with 2 tablespoons of All Natural PB (no sugar added)
Meal #3
8 oz chicken with 1/3-cup cashews
Meal #4
Meal #5
8 oz salmon, swordfish, or red meat with a green salad with 2 tablespoon of EVOO
Meal #6

Shake: 50g whey with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added)

Once per week: High calorie, high carb, cheat meal eating whatever I want for one hour (in place of Meal #6)

looks like you've got the uber-high protein diet going on... how's the energy level?

I gotta have vege's during the day..

And here's the intended menu.

Meal #1
5 whole eggs (Omega-3 eggs) with 3 additional egg whites
Meal #2
Meal #3
8 oz chicken with 1/3-cup cashews
Meal #4
Meal #5
8 oz salmon, swordfish, or red meat with a green salad with 2 tablespoon of EVOO
Meal #6

Shake: 50g whey with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added)

Once per week: High calorie, high carb, cheat meal eating whatever I want for one hour (in place of Meal #6)

So, I am assuming we are doing a clean~ish bulk? (I didn't read very far back in the journal, obviously)
Dang I'd kill for that peanut butter...or olive oil for that matter, right now! :(:D

looks like you've got the uber-high protein diet going on... how's the energy level?

I gotta have vege's during the day..

I'm making chicken right now. I've discovered I'm no fan of salmon, but I'll eat what's on the plan.

AND I'LL LIKE IT! :mad:

Energy is there. I need to fix my sleep, though. I stay up way too late every night.

(looks at clock disapprovingly)

So, I am assuming we are doing a clean~ish bulk? (I didn't read very far back in the journal, obviously)
Dang I'd kill for that peanut butter...or olive oil for that matter, right now! :(:D

The diet or eating plan was recommended for losing fat. Plus there's not "very far back" to read, honestly.

Thanks for visiting!

Monday, March 8, 2010

202.2 lbs.

Monday: Back/Biceps
Pull ups (negatives) 3 sets of 5 - 5, 5, 5
Lat Pull Downs 3 sets of 8-10 - 60 X 10, 80 X 10, 110 X 10
One armed dumbbell rows 3 sets of 8-10 - 50 X 10, 10, 10
seated rows 3 sets of 8-10 - 100 X 10, 10, 10
bicep curls 3 sets of 8-10 - 60 X 10, 10, 10
hammer curls 3 sets of 8-10 - 25'ers X 10, 10, 10

Cardio, Life Fitness 3.5 speed @ 2.0 inline X 20 minutes

Last edited: