• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Questions for the IF advocates

FMJ

Im skitzophrenic& so am I
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I finished reading up shit loads on Intermittent Fasting and also listened to Brad Pilon's podcast on Patrick's website.
I like this new non-conformity way of thinking and wanted to clarify a few things before trying to incorporate this into my diet.

First, I'm currently on a standard 5 meals a day thing. 40%p, 30%f and 30%c. 2200 total calories. Thats a 500 calorie deficit from my maintainence. So to start, I would put back my 500 calories and then select a day or two on non-workout days to fast for 24 hours.

Second, on non-fasting days, is it correct that I don't really have to be so strict about eating every three hours? As long as I eat my 2700 calories, I can take in that food anytime I want, yes?

Third, are the above mentioned macro percentages okay or do they need to be adjusted prior to incorporating fasting?

Thanks folks.

I would start with one day a week of fasting.

I am not a big advocate of the eat every 3hrs BS. That said, I try to get all my food in, in an 8hr period. Eat when you want in that time period.

Also I don't really become to concerned with macros. Get in adequate Protein and Fats, then use the Carbs to get you up to the Cal intake you need.

I am not a big advocate of the eat every 3hrs BS.

Yeah, you know, I'm seeing more and more folks abandoning this way of thinking. I've been brought up on this and have believed it as the golden rule for the last 20 years. It's a very liberating feeling.
I just want to be sure before beginning any fasting, my total calories should be at a maintainence level not on a deficit, right?
Thanks IainD.

No biggie about your cals, like any plan, adjust if you are not seeing the results you like.

Back