IronMagLabs Osta Rx

State of the Union

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

State of the Union

Well worded. Well spoken. Mostly more of the same. Odds of the objectives/programs/bills outlined being achieved..... ?

Discuss.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DaMayor View Post
    Discuss.
    Did not watch. I can't stand the spectacle of selective standing and cheering that comes after every goddamn sentence.

I watched a 3rd Rock from the Sun DVD instead.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by I Are Baboon View Post
    Did not watch. I can't stand the spectacle of selective standing and cheering that comes after every goddamn sentence.
    I agree. I thought Nancy was going to go into orbit a few times. Looked like someone popped her in the rump with a cattle prod. And yes, it is rediculous how the rest of the Dems jumped up like highschool cheerleaders (I was waiting for them to form a pyramid) while the Repub.s sat stoically while whispering to one another. I don't see bipartisanship in our future.

DRSE mercenary

Rep Points

Just more bs like always. Only difference I saw was the fact that the speech was tailored more to the individual watcher at home and their approval more than anything. This was achieved by Obama acting like an outsider and giving those "mean, corrupt politicians" a slap on the wrists and reminding them they are Americans and represent the people, and lobbyists are bad, and yada yada yada, blah blah blah. Dont even get me started on corruption, bribes, lobbyists, etc. They control washington, that isnt gonna change, no matter how charasmatic of a speaker you are, or how many times you and your party blame Bush for everything.

Besides all that,.. I thought it was a good speech.

lol
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

He speaks well...

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

Let's see, up until a week ago he had a huge majority in the House and a Super Majority in the Senate yet he couldn't get his bullshit health care passed. Now that the Super Majority in the Senate is gone he's claiming that it's the Republicans who are the reason nothing gets passed??? Lying piece of shit.

Tha'ts all I can post. Every time I think about those assholes in D.C. my blood pressure goes through the roof.
    Rules? You mean we have RULES for that???

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    He speaks well...
    That's what people saying about retarded people that work at McDonalds.
    "A child does not learn to squat from the top down -- in other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and makes the conscious decision to stand." - Gray Cook

Rep Points

Nice speech, nothing will happen, but that's probably a good thing.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I sensed some concern that now he might have to give some consideration of what the voters think instead of not really giving a shit while pushing his health care program through.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOB View Post
    Let's see, up until a week ago he had a huge majority in the House and a Super Majority in the Senate yet he couldn't get his bullshit health care passed. Now that the Super Majority in the Senate is gone he's claiming that it's the Republicans who are the reason nothing gets passed??? Lying piece of shit.

Tha'ts all I can post. Every time I think about those assholes in D.C. my blood pressure goes through the roof.

I have that problem, too.

I have only watched half, and it was pretty much what I expected it would be.
    The less Obama does, the better. So far, I still feel that is was the better choice. We'll see if I still fill this way a year from now.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Would someone please take Albob his tonic.

RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

well spoken .just some more BS. its still bush's fault at least thats what the speaker of the house says

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

"This problem "THAT IN INHERITED" was due to the recklessness of a stimulus package passed by my predecessor. I tried to fix it with a stimulus package ten times bigger than my predecessor's. Since that only made the problem ten times worse, I want to pass ANOTHER stimulus package."

GaaaaaaaaaaaaK Goddamnit DaMayor, where's that fucking tonic?!?!?
    Rules? You mean we have RULES for that???

DO YOU FUXN LIKE ME NOW ?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry View Post
    Nice speech, nothing will happen, but that's probably a good thing.
    I ALREADY KNOW THAT MY SPELUNG AND GRAMUR SUCKS AZZ................EAT ME....LIFT LIKE YOU MEAN IT !!!!

RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

"This problem "THAT IN INHERITED" was due to the recklessness of a stimulus package passed by my predecessor. I tried to fix it with a stimulus package ten times bigger than my predecessor's. Since that only made the problem ten times worse, I want to pass ANOTHER stimulus package."

GaaaaaaaaaaaaK Goddamnit DaMayor, where's that fucking tonic?!?!?
    I think you got it rainman...

Bush was not a repub like goldwater, reagan...just another poser.
    what the hell the kids for the next 300years will be paying off the debt. why not another stim package. getme for anothe 300years. what the hell
    people have too much money anyway..lol

primeau

Rep Points

it was the same old theatrical quasi choreographed skit...I highly doubt he will achieve most of what he said for two reasons:

1. Its a lie (just like his reversal of NAFTA lie during his campaign)
    2. He can't get the USG as a whole to back him up

Only difference is, he has an EXCELLENT method of delivery when it comes to speeches. He can talk the talk better than any other politician out there right now, but he walks the same walk as everyone else

Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DaMayor View Post
    Well worded. Well spoken. Mostly more of the same. Odds of the objectives/programs/bills outlined being achieved..... ?

Discuss.
    Nothing to discuss.

The State of the Union is a waste of time.

It's a carefully crafted propaganda speech.

Tune out.

They should not even have such a things as the "State of the Union" address.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

-- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smoothy View Post
    Nothing to discuss.

The State of the Union is a waste of time.

It's a carefully crafted propaganda speech.

Tune out.

They should not even have such a things as the "State of the Union" address.
    It's in the Constitution to have them.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    Did you just jerkoff in a cup, then drink it, and then jerkoff some more?
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    I don't care. It's a joke.

That was back in the day before the Adverstising and marketing of parties via TV and Internet.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

-- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    The less Obama does, the better. .
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    kind of. The Constitution does not say how often or by what means

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient"

he could send a letter if he wanted and fulfill this responsibility
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    The less Obama does, the better.
    Agreed.

And the less any President does, the better.

And the less Congress does the better.

I think Congress should actually meet less, because when they meet all they do is pass more restrictive laws and regulations.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smoothy View Post
    Agreed.

And the less any President does, the better.

And the less Congress does the better.

I think Congress should actually meet less, because when they meet all they do is pass more restrictive laws and regulations.

damn these rules about spreading reputation around again first.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

"We need to encourage American innovation...No area is more ripe than energy...batteries...solar panels...build new generation of clean and safe power plants...Passing a comprehensive energy and climate bill...Providing incentives for clean energy and energy efficiency are the right thing to do because the nation that leads in clean energy will lead the global economy" Glad he acknowledged this....

"We will not continue tax cuts for oil companies" Whatever...
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    "We need to encourage American innovation...No area is more ripe than energy...batteries...solar panels...build new generation of clean and safe power plants...Passing a comprehensive energy and climate bill...Providing incentives for clean energy and energy efficiency are the right thing to do because the nation that leads in clean energy will lead the global economy" Glad he acknowledged this....

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    You saying the US should lay back and let the rest of the world kick our ass in one of the fastest growing industries? Thats being pretty dense....
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Rep Points

You saying the US should lay back and let the rest of the world kick our ass in one of the fastest growing industries? Thats being pretty dense....
    I'm saying trying to make oil out as a bad guy is just cheap politics. I'm saying that capitalist economics should decide our energy policy not some yuppie, tree hugging, "look at me I'm so green" douche bag who only got elected because he wasn't george bush. anyone thinking that that paragraph in the state of the union means anything for economic policy is pretty dense

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    I'm saying trying to make oil out as a bad guy is just cheap politics. I'm saying that capitalist economics should decide our energy policy not some yuppie, tree hugging, "look at me I'm so green" douche bag who only got elected because he wasn't george bush. anyone thinking that that paragraph in the state of the union means anything for economic policy is pretty dense
    This has nothing to do with yuppie tree hugging earth muffins and everything to do with catching up to the rest of the world in an Industry that I personally have seen grow exponentially over the 7 years I have been in the business. Solar panels, inverters, batteries, wind generators are hot products, and the Japanese and Germans lead the market, we need to step up our game, the tax incentives help to drive the market, plus it helps to create more jobs....

RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

NUKE POWER CLEAN NO CO2...NUFF SAID..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast