• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Kevin Smith 'Too Fat' to Fly Southwest

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Kevin Smith 'Too Fat' to Fly Southwest
by Bob Meadows
Sunday February 14, 2010 04:10 PM EST

kevin-smith-240.jpg

Kevin Smith, sitting on a second Southwest Air flight
Kevin Smith's most famous role is a guy who rarely speaks. But he's got a lot to say ??? much of it profane ??? after being kicked off a Southwest Air flight because he didn't fit comfortably into the seat.

"You [messed] with the wrong sedentary processed-foods eater!" Smith, whose next film, Cop Out, comes out Feb. 26, posted on Twitter.

It was one of many Tweets recounting the actor/director's humiliating expulsion Saturday from the Oakland-to-Burbank, Calif. flight. Southwest said in a statement airline officials had called Smith to offer their "heartfelt apologies," but also stated his removal was for the "safety and comfort of all customers."

Smith, 39, originally purchased two tickets "as he's been known to do when traveling Southwest," the airline noted, but when he decided to fly standby on an earlier flight, only one seat remained. Although he had been seated, he was asked to leave.

"If a customer cannot comfortably lower the armrest and infringes on a portion of another seat, a customer seated adjacent would be very uncomfortable and a timely exit from the aircraft in the event of an emergency might be compromised if we allow a cramped, restricted seating arrangement," Southwest said.

I'm Fat

Smith, who played Silent Bob in his Clerks movies and who has battled his weight for years ??? "I know I'm fat," he confesses ??? was given a $100 voucher and arrived in Burbank on a later flight. But he was in no mood to accept an apology.

"I broke no regulation, offered no 'safety risk' (what, was I gonna roll on a fellow passenger?)" he Tweeted. "I saw someone bigger than me on THAT flight! But I wasn't about to throw a fellow Fatty under the plane as I'm being profiled. But he & I made eye contact, & he was like 'Please don't tell...'"

After landing in Burbank, Smith wrote, "Don't worry: wall of the plane was opened & I was airlifted out while Richard Simmons supervised."

Smith added that while the ordeal was embarrassing, his "Jersey Girl training" (the 2004 flop starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez) was helping him cope.

Fuck the airlines, I'm not fat and those seats feel like an Iron Maiden to me, we need to demand comfort on these several hour flights. They pack us in as tight as possible without regard for ergonomics, by the end of a flight your joints and your spine have become damned near fused, we could probably sue for repetitive stress injuries.

"I saw someone bigger than me on THAT flight! But I wasn't about to throw a fellow Fatty under the plane as I'm being profiled. But he & I made eye contact, & he was like 'Please don't tell...'"

:roflmao: That's hilarious.....fatties of the world unite!

thats fat ass

And before you all ask; yes, I did eat that $100 voucher. It was delicious.

Didn't realize Smith was that heavy.

I love his movies. Not much for boycotting things, but I'll do my best not to give a nickel to Southwest.

I saw him on Conan or Leno (can't remember), and he really is a lard ass. He's enormous.

SouthWest is the only sirline that I fly if I have the choice and the plight of a fat man isn't going to change that for me.

I saw him on Conan or Leno (can't remember), and he really is a lard ass. He's enormous.

SouthWest is the only sirline that I fly if I have the choice and the plight of a fat man isn't going to change that for me.

Southwest is the shit.

Bags fly free.

Southwest is the shit.

Bags fly free.

Yep. I'm flown with then countless times. In the last twenty trips (at least), I've only flown another airline once (Delta). In those nineteen trips I've only been late once.

During the FFA announcements on one flight, the attendant said, "Federal law prohibits smoking in the lavatory. Anyone caught smoking will be asked to leave the plane."

They're awesome.

Back