• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pentagon Spends $33 Million for video games

Big Smoothy

Windy City
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
"Cut Spending, Spending." You taxdollars hard at work. Keep working hard.
Reason Gone Mad by Bill Shein

By Bill Shein
February 19, 2010

War is many things, but it???s certainly not a game. That???s why we can???t allow a violent video game ??? designed by the Pentagon specifically for children as young as 13 years old ??? to be used as a military recruitment tool.

Over the last decade, the U.S. Army has spent more than $33 million to develop, launch, and market an online, multiplayer, ???first-person shooter??? game called ???America???s Army.??? It can be downloaded for free by anyone 13 or older. It???s also available for Xbox and PlayStation. Launched in 2002, it???s now in its third major release.

Source and Entire: Reason Gone Mad by Bill Shein - Humor - Commentary - Columns - End 'America's Army' Funding

^ Can you clarify your statement? I don't understand it.

Thanks.

WE need the young boy to grow up and be men the scgolls have been pussifying them for years.. to many tree hugging tofu eating pussys out there in ten years there will be nothing but hard core G's in the service because everyone is a pussys except browns blacks. why cuz we be from the streets nigga

Speaking of which I haven't played that in a long time. Downloading now.

WE need the young boy to grow up and be men the scgolls have been pussifying them for years.. to many tree hugging tofu eating pussys out there in ten years there will be nothing but hard core G's in the service because everyone is a pussys except browns blacks. why cuz we be from the streets nigga

There will always be a large pool of high graduates that are functionally illiterate, with limited options, that will join the military to get training and education and a way out of a small dead-end town.

I assume with Iraq finishing up, and the poor economy, it's an attractive option for many high school grads, every single year.

Other options include working at Target or a laundry-mat.

There will always be a steady assembly line of sheep.

There will always be a large pool of high graduates that are functionally illiterate, with limited options, that will join the military to get training and education and a way out of a small dead-end town.

I assume with Iraq finishing up, and the poor economy, it's an attractive option for many high school grads, every single year.

So those that choose to serve are automatically pigeon-holed into some form of lower class citizen with subpar intelligence?

Do you even read the bullshit you post, or do you just mindlessly slam your face into the keyboard to pound out the most offensive things you possibly can?

I served my country honorably (as did most of the men in my family as far back as WW2). I scored a 93 on the ASVAB, with a 127 GT score. This is somewhere in the 3rd percentile in the nation. I would venture to say that I am quite a bit above functionally literate. I served as an Air Traffic Controller, after graduating honor graduate from a school with a 75%+ washout rate. After doing that for a few years, I moved into special services training, and was involved in more than a few things that would probably turn your shit white.

After leaving the military after completing my term of service, I entered into the oil and gas industry (I disliked ATC) and was making over 80k a year by the time I was 24. I still work in the industry and have done quite well for myself.

I am very proud of my military service, and feel that I wouldn't have the opportunities that have been afforded to me had I been unlucky enough to have been born somewhere else. I feel that every young American should serve his country in some capacity.

In short, you can take your degrading, asanine and insulting remarks and shove them right up your ass you worthless prick. When was the last time you did anything good for your community, your town, your state, or your country? In fact, when was the last time you did ANYTHING of ANY note?

Our countries leaders make mistakes, many of them in fact. This is no way reflects poorly on our soldiers, and the fact that they choose to serve and give something back in no way makes them sheep...it makes them heroes.

IML Gear Cream!

I work with several current servicemen and retired flag officers that have masters and Ph.Ds...not all folks in the military are illiterate. You can't broad brush everything like that.

Back on topic, I don't know the DoD is pushing their own video game so much. There is already Call of Duty which serves the same purpose and is funded by the private sector...let that free recruiting tool ride. Its the best first person shooter game out there right now anyway

jmorrison and Ivanry,

I do not mean all people in the military.

And I was referring to high school graduates that go in.

I know retired military fellas as well, and yes, they are intelligent, etc.

My point is that the military will always farm high schools grads at the age of 18 and 19, and indoctrinate attempt to mold their young and malleable minds into the military and Neo-Con agenda.

This too, I have seen many, many, times talking with currenctly active armed forces members and reitired ones, as well.

Just in case any of you believe that Big Smoothy actually cares about the men and women serving in the military:

I support the insurgents. I support road-side bombs. I support snipers.

The Americans in Iraq are fascists.

uneducated, poorly read, no knowledge of Iraqi history,

they deserve what they get.

jmorrison and Ivanry,

My point is that the military will always farm high schools grads at the age of 18 and 19, and indoctrinate attempt to mold their young and malleable minds into the military and Neo-Con agenda.

This too, I have seen many, many, times talking with currenctly active armed forces members and reitired ones, as well.
I was a High School grad who went in, I had 2 very good chances to walk right onto a college campus but I wanted to get some worldly knowledge and experiences so I could be a better student. Luckily my strategy worked when I got out and went to school I had already partied and slacked off like my classmates were doing so I excelled and ended up graduating with Honors top of my grad class.... I had many friends in with me who were very intelligent, did well in High School could have gone either way like me, I'd say it's about 50/50 guys who could have gone straight to college or already had and guys who had nothing else to do except go straight into low paying jobs. In fact one guy I knew was a translator for the crew searching for missing soldiers in Vietnam, you know that Vietnamese is a difficult language to learn, he got that free from the Navy and now he is living over there doing very well for himself.....

You know if you keep up this rhetoric about how dumb and sheepish so many are I'm going to have to hope you go for a walk and step in a Punji Pit.....

I was a High School grad who went in, I had 2 very good chances to walk right onto a college campus but I wanted to get some worldly knowledge and experiences so I could be a better student. Luckily my strategy worked when I got out and went to school I had already partied and slacked off like my classmates were doing so I excelled and ended up graduating with Honors top of my grad class.... I had many friends in with me who were very intelligent, did well in High School could have gone either way like me, I'd say it's about 50/50 guys who could have gone straight to college or already had and guys who had nothing else to do except go straight into low paying jobs. In fact one guy I knew was a translator for the crew searching for missing soldiers in Vietnam, you know that Vietnamese is a difficult language to learn, he got that free from the Navy and now he is living over there doing very well for himself.....

Manic,

I respect you. I always have; I do now.

One of my good friends now, and other guys I know in the Navy go "looking for BONES" of Americans in North Vietnam - not missing. - they look for bones. All of the remains of Americans in the South have been found, allegedly.

Nonetheless, this search for identification and bones is a WASTE OT TAXPAYER MONEY.

But anyway.....

You know if you keep up this rhetoric about how dumb and sheepish so many are I'm going to have to hope you go for a walk and step in a Punji Pit.....

I don't mean to stereotype everyone nor pigeon-hole. But a large percentage fit the bill for what I'm talking about.

And yes, I know what a "Punji pit" and Punji Stake" are.....

Not a good thing to step or fall on, as the are smeared with sh*t to give you an infection, in addition to a massive and life-threatening wound.

IML Gear Cream!
jmorrison and Ivanry,

Smoothy, indoctrinating young recruits is the characteristic EVERY military does all across the world, since the history of time...its not unique to the US nor is it unique to the neoconservative idealology. Its the most effective way to build a unit that acts and thinks as one and doesn't challenge command....thats what makes a strong military effective

Smoothy, indoctrinating young recruits is the characteristic EVERY military does all across the world, since the history of time...its not unique to the US nor is it unique to the neoconservative idealology. Its the most effective way to build a unit that acts and thinks as one and doesn't challenge command....thats what makes a strong military effective

I know this.

It's no excuse.

Manic,

I respect you. I always have; I do now.
One of my good friends now, and other guys I know in the Navy go "looking for BONES" of Americans in North Vietnam - not missing. - they look for bones. All of the remains of Americans in the South have been found, allegedly.
"They are missing, people miss them even if they are only bones, they were the countless MIA's from that hellish war and I helped to build remote solar units for them to power their equipment...."
Nonetheless, this search for identification and bones is a WASTE OT TAXPAYER MONEY.

But anyway.....

I don't mean to stereotype everyone nor pigeon-hole. But a large percentage fit the bill for what I'm talking about.

And yes, I know what a "Punji pit" and Punji Stake" are.....

Not a good thing to step or fall on, as the are smeared with sh*t to give you an infection, in addition to a massive and life-threatening wound.

As I've said a few dozen times, you can't incite revolution by insulting people, Jim Morrison made this mistake at his infamous Miami Concert where he called the audience a "Bunch of Fucking IDIOTS and SLAVES, letting people push you around and tell you what to do, what're you gonna do about it" they turned on him and when the time came told lies about him jerking off on stage and shit. That shit backfires on you and the people you want to open the minds of clamp their earholes shut and their eyes glaze over, they get angry at you not the MAN nor the Establishment nor the Machine....you become the villain...

^ The MIA issue is about people that are dead that were not found.

The US government has spent tens of millions digging for bones. Collect the bones, put them in a big, ID them, and send them to the US.

This all started because some families were publicly making it an issue.

Congressmen run for re-election every 2 years, so they had to create a Committee for deal with it.

Waste of time and taxpayer money, IMO.

Also, 6 million Vietnamese died over a period of 40 wars. But only 58,000 Americans died from 1965 to 1973, and there are these digging expeditions.

Better to let it go.

Back