• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2tomlinson

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello Guys, particularly old guys. I'm 59 and counting more closely -- became interested in hormone replacement and lifting about eight months ago when I went to a local "Human Performance" center, got a whole raft of blood tests and prescribed testosterone cream and injectable Sermorelin. The Sermoreline did zilch so, after three months, I stopped using it, but the T-cream was great. Noticeable effect after only a week, and my much-used Zamboni & The Hat Trick twins have never been livelier (not in the last fifteen years, anyway.) About six weeks ago, I switched clinics, and am now injecting 1 cc of testosterone with .5 cc Nandrolone, plus 4 ius of HGH every other day, plus taking Armour thyroid and DHEA capsules orally. I workout daily on a Versaclimber, lift every other day, and haven't felt this good in . . . well, fifteen years. I'm starting this thread 1.) to solicit advice from the real pros if you're willing 2.) to begin a dialogue with other old guys 3.) because a prompt floating around on this page kept insisting I've never posted and should, which got irritating after awhile. Maybe it's the testosterone. Which prompts a question: what blood levels of T do full-on bodybuilders try to maintain? Tomlinson.

Hi there

Hubby's on HRT and it is indeed the bomb. What dose is your testosterone? How many mg do you get a week?

Gad, Ladies on this forum? Forgive my crude reference to Zamboni and the Hat Trick Twins (should have couched it: tallyhoe and the guidance system.) As to Hormone Replace Therapy, I'd seen all those ads in airplane magazine, assumed most of it was quackery (and it is) but I think the bodybuilding world was onto something long before the rest of us. I'm injecting Testosterone Cypionste 210 mg/ml 1 cc weekly, and in same syringe .5 cc nandrolene. I don't mind the needles -- feel like it's the shot in the butt I often deserve -- but the cream's much easier to get through security, I suppose. Tomlinson

Gad, Ladies on this forum? Forgive my crude reference to Zamboni and the Hat Trick Twins (should have couched it: tallyhoe and the guidance system.)
Damn, you are old....

Gad, Ladies on this forum? Forgive my crude reference to Zamboni and the Hat Trick Twins

Yeah, I think it'll take plenty more to offend Built. Not to mention she can lay a beating on most of us here if we try! :laugh:
Welcome to IM!

Built is not easily offended.

I still wish I knew the dose you were taking of the nandrolone. Also, you would be well advised to pin twice a week, half a cc of test and a quarter cc of the Deca each time. Your levels will remain stable; fewer dips and fewer side effects.

I feel a tad contrite after visiting Built's website . . . probably more so after I avert my gaze from her ab photo to whatever is written there. Next visit, though, I will do my reading. Tomlinson

I feel a tad contrite after visiting Built's website . . . probably more so after I avert my gaze from her ab photo to whatever is written there. Next visit, though, I will do my reading. Tomlinson

i agree:coffee:

IML Gear Cream!
It depends......I would say most that take 500mg's/week will run around 800-1000 or higher.

Mind if I hijack a minute? I'm curious what levels the women bodybuilders maintain.

Kathybird, female bb don't always use testosterone - although some do. More "typical' female AAS include oxandrolone (formerly made by Searle as "Anavar", now made by Savient as "Oxandrin" but universally known within physical culture as Anavar), and stanozolol, more commonly known as Winstrol (even when someone other than Wynthrop Laboratories makes it).

The reason these drugs are generally favoured by women are a) they tend to be less virilizing than testosterone and some of the other AAS favoured by men and b) they are oral (except for Winstrol, which can be pinned or swallowed), so the dosing is easier. Oxandrolone is a fairly pricey drug but women need such low doses when compared with the doses men have to take, the price almost isn't a concern.

There are other AAS women sometimes use - methenolone (either the oral acetate, or the intramuscular enanthate for injection), which is also known as "Primo", short for Organon's old brand "Primobolan", and nandrolone phenylpropionate, which is often referred to as NPP and was another of the former Organon steroids known as Durabolin. Durabolin is the shorter-acting version of the more popular "Deca Durabolin", which although is also a nandrolone ester, in this case the longer-acting decanoate, is more commonly known as simply "Deca" even though the original brand is no longer made.

Real primo is rarer than hen's teeth. I personally have knowledge of at least one batch that was recently (late 2009) tested and found to be fake. I have a funny feeling it was actually trenbolone, which is a veterinary steroid used by some men (and in very small doses, by some women), usually for cutting as a hardener. Primo is not particularly virilizing. Tren is VERY androgenic and hence not usually a good choice for most women. If I sound like I am hedging my answers, I am. Some women get no virilizing sides from ANY steroids as long as they keep their doses low. Others get sides right away at very low doses of ANYTHING they take. These things are very, very individual.

So there they are - anavar, winstrol and primo, the holy trinity of chick-AAS, with NPP as a less frequent player that appears to be gaining a little more popularity of late, and even tren and testosterone are used sometimes, but far less often, in females.

Women also of course are known to use GH (growth hormone), but of course this is not a steroid - but it is a hormone, so I mention it here for completeness.

I am on female levels of testosterone HRT by the way, and the dose of transdermal cream I use - 1 ml of 1% testosterone in a cream base called "Versabase" applied once a day - puts about 10mg of testosterone on my skin daily, of which about 10%, or 1mg, is absorbed into my system, at least according to pharmacokinetic data published by the makers of the male transdermal test gel "Androderm".

The actual amount absorbed transdermally varies with the location used for application, occlusion, moisture content of the skin, temperature and other factors, and you get your blood work tested to see where your levels are when you titrate the dose.

For women, the cream works just fine since we need so little anyway. For men, even a replacement dose is a LOT of cream. A man's test levels are naturally 10-20 times higher than a woman's natural levels are.

For comparison, hubby is on 150mg of testosterone, by intramuscular injection, per week. I obtain 7-10mg of testosterone a week for my own HRT. Both of us maintain levels of testosterone that are just above the upper limit of sex-specific normal on these doses.

Does this help?

SIxty to Life

Man, the professionalism of some of these responses if damn impressive. As mentioned, per Doc's script, I am injecting 1 cc of 210 mg Testosterone C mixed with .05 Nandrolene, which he says is good for joint pain. And by god, after only ten days or so, there is a marked reduction in joint pain. The Doc also said he could bump that up to 1 cc, which sounds just swell to me. But what are risks of increased irritability and/or third leg shrinkage? Old wives tails? Judging from some posts on other forums there do seem to be some testy folks around. Synthetic anger? Risking getting too personal I'f be very interested in your husband's HRT regime. You are clearly experts on this. Thanks, Tomlinson

Sixty to life

Hoglander, are you saying 500 mg of testosterone is way too low (which means the 210 mg I'm using is way way damn too low) or are you saying that if someone is injecting 500 mg, their blood would test much higher than 800 to 1000 for T?

Hoglander, are you saying 500 mg of testosterone is way too low (which means the 210 mg I'm using is way way damn too low) or are you saying that if someone is injecting 500 mg, their blood would test much higher than 800 to 1000 for T?

I think what he is saying is the later. From what I understand for anabolic effects 500 mg is what you need to do.

I think at 500 mg would be way above normal. I was at 1800 after miss using 2 tubes prescription Testim 1% gel. Also, I go above normal with just 200mg for a couple of days.

As far as anobolic effects... The most I've tried on my own is 300mg a week. For me this produced a strength effect and about 1/2 pound a week in weight. That plus a handful of zits on my back.

SIxty to Life

Thanks H, very helpful. The weight thing is muscle, correct? I started the HGH (4 IUs a day daily) plus the injected testosterone and Nandrolone and DHEA about three weeks ago, feel great but have put on five pounds like magic, almost like being goosed in the butt with an air hose. Hoping to lose that. The rhoid rage thing is real, I guess, sure want to avoid that. So you stay with the cream now, huh, to keep the T down?

IML Gear Cream!
Yes, pure muscle. I didn't add in water and there is no fat to see. Water goes away.

Rage, no. Forget about that and think "confidence" not "rage", IMHO.

Injections. Topical is a hassle to do. Even more when you try to maximize it.

JUST GET WITH THE PROGRAM YOU FUCKING PUSSY!!!!

Last line is kidding

No rage, lol

SIxty to Life

Hoglander, first off it's Mister Fucking Pussy to you and the rest of my bodybuilding betters. Yeah, I've just started doing the injections which, frankly, I sort of enjoy. So, do you mix testost with other goodies in the same syringe like my Doc is having me do? Man, what an increase in energy. I gather you're over 40 as well. What my HRT doc said made so much sense: Why be satisfied with the normal hormonal levels of a 59 year old when you could have the levels of a 35-year old? It was like a whole new secret room opening in a creaking old house. I'm learning a lot from reading this board. What would you consider the perfect dream mix (hormone/steroid wise) for us active older fucks? Price and legalities both not a factor. Which they are -- it's hypothetical, of course. T

I'm less in the drugs part of it and more into the fitness part. Can't help you past this point.

All things considered you might want to state your goals as they relate to life outside of drugs. You do have goals in fitness that are exercise related don't you?

H'lander, You are a hoot. As a non-drug guy of long standing ( and we're discussing decades here) I find the hormone-steroid-oriented posts on this board interesting and also hopeful. Particularly after my brief experience with Hormone Replacement Therapy. As to fitness goals, well, on 3 January, I did the SEAL Team 4 fundraiser swim across Tampa Bay (three-plus miles) air temp 37 degrees; water in the shipping channel 54 degrees. It took me 1 hr 31 minutes. Next year I would like to do better. I would also like to spend less time getting into my wetsuit. For more information on that noble swim, go to Google. Type in SEAL Team 4 (IV) Fundraiser Tampa Bay "Toasty Warm" swim. You'll see my face in the group. T

Last edited:
H'lander, You are a hoot. As a non-drug guy of long standing ( and we're discussing decades here) I find the hormone-steroid-oriented posts on this board interesting and also hopeful. Particularly after my brief experience with Hormone Replacement Therapy. As to fitness goals, well, on 3 January, I did the SEAL Team 4 fundraiser swim across Tampa Bay (three-plus miles) air temp 37 degrees; water in the shipping channel 54 degrees. It took me 1 hr 31 minutes. Next year I would like to do better. I would also like to spend less time getting into my wetsuit. For more information on that noble swim, go to Google. Type in SEAL Team 4 (IV) Fundraiser Tampa Bay "Toasty Warm" swim. You'll see my face in the group. T
I got walking pneumonia training with those bastards in Great Lakes doing 1/4 mile's in the freezing water for Pre-BUD/S, but I did have a blast paint-ball warring with those guys....

SIxty to Life

Yes, they are fiends for chilly water. I tried to post a link to the "SEAL 4 Toasty Warm Tampa Bay swim", but it wasn't allowed. Also tried to reply to H'lander's note but don't have required 25 points. Google the above key words, though, and you'll find it. The point system here is mysterious, as are the icons -- but I am interested in receiving workout/ HRT tips from experienced people. T

Back