• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ipad: Anybody Getting One?

Hayden

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Coming April 3. Is anybody getting one?
I will probably wait for the second wave.

Semi tempting, but I think for functional portability my Thinkpad x61 will still suffice.

Yes I am getting one, perfect for reading my ebooks, my net book just ain't cutting it....

I hope it's a hit. I bought apple at 199$/share. Now its 219$:)

Yes I am getting one, perfect for reading my ebooks, my net book just ain't cutting it....

It remains to be seen how good ebook reading will be on the Ipad.
It's not E-ink technology so there might be eyestrain issues as opposed to
a dedicated book reader.

Fuck Apple.

Nope.

I understand the fact you can store hundreds of books on the ipad, but why don't people just read, well, books. You can only read one at a time anyway. And if you drop or sit on it, it doesn't break (and it's not as costly even if it does). Movies and the like on the ipad, fine. But e-books? I don't get it.

I understand the fact you can store hundreds of books on the ipad, but why don't people just read, well, books. You can only read one at a time anyway. And if you drop or sit on it, it doesn't break (and it's not as costly even if it does). Movies and the like on the ipad, fine. But e-books? I don't get it.
Well I like to juggle my reading, right now I am reading a Phillip K. Dick story, Wild Ducks Flying Backwards by Tom Robbins, The Collected Works of Federico Garcia Lorca and Pablo Neruda, plus reading Dostoevsky's The Possessed; plus I like to go back and reference parts of other books I've read, having them in electronic form saves space in my already crowded bookshelves.....

IML Gear Cream!
i would if it wasnt powered by the exact processor as the iphone..... all it is is a big iphone,.... like one of those abnormally large calculators with big buttons, lol.

Also,.... still...... STILL........ no damn flash support,... wtf?

That does make it sound kinda gagagay. Then again, for $500 entry from Apple how much did you expect?

I've owned some Apple products and enjoyed them (still got the iPod Classic) but you do pay for the logo and design.

i would if it wasnt powered by the exact processor as the iphone..... all it is is a big iphone,.... like one of those abnormally large calculators with big buttons, lol.

Also,.... still...... STILL........ no damn flash support,... wtf?

Exactly.

This thing was totally rushed and it appears as if Jobs, based on the name and the logo alone, is trying to rob the American public of their hard earned cash while the Isuck craze begins to dwindle.

As Min0 said, the Android will surpass the Iphone.

As I said, the Ipad sucks and I can do far more on my netbook that happens to be smaller.

Also, while Ipods still have a market as nothing has really challenged it, I pretty much exclusively use my portable hard drive for music and my ipod shuffle for working out, making my classic all but useless.

Death to Apple.

Death to Apple.

I will say though, I have the Iphone because I got it for free through my mothers work and its the best phone I've ever had.

Not saying much considering I had one of those shitty nokia ones and a Razr, which also sucked the hairy root.

I never understood why anyone paid so much money for the razr.
I can understand smartphones cause they do so much.

Fuck Apple.

Nope.

This, 100%. There's nothing Apple loves more than crippling its shit.

So, you want to tether your new iPad to your iPhone? Hell no. You need to buy another data account for it. Even the cheapest e-reader with the cheapest phone can pull this off. So why can't you do this with Apple's shit? Because Jobs is an iDouche and you're an iDumbass if you drink Apple Kool-Aid.

I never understood why anyone paid so much money for the razr.
I can understand smartphones cause they do so much.

The Razr was garbage.

I went through 8 of them in a four year period. Fucking 8!

Besides the one I dropped in the toilet shitfaced the night before my last day of high school, the other seven were broken from either passing out with it in my pocket and sleeping on it (twice) or simple wear/tear problems that developed over time because the phone was terribly made.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm torn. I really want a tablet, but I hate the limitations the iPad has.

I think it's all about trying to lock you into buying shit from iTunes & that really pisses me off. Everyone always paints Microsoft as the bad guys, but Apple is absolutely no better... in many ways worse.

However, the Ipad will be the market leader & will very likely have awesome apps. I'm actually probably going to pick one up to try it out for awhile.. then when HP's slate comes out I may look at that. If I make the move I may lose 50-100 bucks, but I will have been able to use it for a couple months & gotten a real feel for it.

I also have my eye on Microsoft's courier & Notion Ink's (Android) Adam Notion Ink

I'm torn. I really want a tablet, but I hate the limitations the iPad has.

I think it's all about trying to lock you into buying shit from iTunes & that really pisses me off. Everyone always paints Microsoft as the bad guys, but Apple is absolutely no better... in many ways worse.

However, the Ipad will be the market leader & will very likely have awesome apps. I'm actually probably going to pick one up to try it out for awhile.. then when HP's slate comes out I may look at that. If I make the move I may lose 50-100 bucks, but I will have been able to use it for a couple months & gotten a real feel for it.

I also have my eye on Microsoft's courier & Notion Ink's (Android) Adam Notion Ink
I am torn between the thin ultra-portable minimalist Ipad and the digital journal aspect of the Courier....I really don't need them for more than reading and writing and web browsing, I have a normal laptop, netbook and desktop for anything beyond their capabilities....maybe I'll just get both.

You cant even have more than one app opened at a time, I'm sure computers from the 80's could do this..

You cant even have more than one app opened at a time, I'm sure computers from the 80's could do this..

AppleInsider | Apple's iPhone 4.0 software to deliver multitasking support

Hopefully this story holds up.

I'm going to preorder the 32 gb wifi only version tomorrow. I think they will sell like hotcakes & if they do websites will move toward having an html5 compliant version of their videos. That was my major gripe with it... I watch a lot of videos @ IGN, and they have all their videos on youtube anyway so I'm sold.

But with the Iphone I can be in a phone call while checking email, or browsing the web so I am guessing they had to make some trade off's to allow for that. I like it that way because I tend to start working on too many things and bog my system down....like right now I have 17 tabs open in my browser...

With the Google Nexus you can open more than one app, and you can also open more than one window.

It's frustrating how they limit what you can do. There's times when I'm reading the news or playing a game and want to check the weather but cant because I'll lose all info on whatever I'm doing.. You cant even go from an app into the Ipod without losing everything. That and the auto rotate on the Iphone are the two biggest thing's that piss me off. I'm going to have to hack this thing to make it work properly I think...

This is about all the Ipad is good for:
YouTube Video

The ipad is a pathetic piece of shit! It is an iphone with a bigger screen that can't make phone calls. It won't even run flash. It has the motor of a go-cart for the price of a ford mustang.

Will someone please explain why you would buy this POS when you can get a fully functional laptop for the same price that can do 1000 times more shit with?
Seriously, has America become that fucking dumb?

Last edited:
226++++!

Back