Which pill (if any) should I take?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    8585908

    Which pill (if any) should I take?

    Right now my family bought a whole bunch of pills called 'Catalyst' a product of Advocare. The people who sold it to us made it sound really good, but that's how the get people to buy it, and I heard differently. Now some of my friends are taking these creatine pills which I know creatine makes your muscle bigger and adds water to your muscle (is this true) but might not help definition.

    I'm all about definition, I don't care about my strength as much because now that I've gotten back into working out very frequently I'm getting a ton stronger every week. So which of these pills will increase definition if I had to take one?

    Also, would it be bad if I took both of them at the same time?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    jcar1016's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    1,273

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    15296054

    Quote Originally Posted by N_I_C_K View Post
    Right now my family bought a whole bunch of pills called 'Catalyst' a product of Advocare. The people who sold it to us made it sound really good, but that's how the get people to buy it, and I heard differently. Now some of my friends are taking these creatine pills which I know creatine makes your muscle bigger and adds water to your muscle (is this true) but might not help definition.

    I'm all about definition, I don't care about my strength as much because now that I've gotten back into working out very frequently I'm getting a ton stronger every week. So which of these pills will increase definition if I had to take one?

    Also, would it be bad if I took both of them at the same time?
    Never heard of the catalyst whats in it? Creatine will add a little water and strength. The water usually isnt that bad but I have heard of people haveing some trouble with it.
    World Domination = TREN

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    8585908

    Well the people I talked to said Catalyst tightens skin, increases definition, and provides fuel for muscles.

    I asked what it was on here and someone said "All Catalyst is, is a bunch of BCAA's." Which I think he said meant brand chain amino acids.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    jcar1016's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    1,273

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    15296054

    Quote Originally Posted by N_I_C_K View Post
    Well the people I talked to said Catalyst tightens skin, increases definition, and provides fuel for muscles.

    I asked what it was on here and someone said "All Catalyst is, is a bunch of BCAA's." Which I think he said meant brand chain amino acids.
    Yeah thats what bcaa is. you can take em both together wont hurt anything. In the future though go to a supplement store you can get a month worth of bcaa's for less than $10
    World Domination = TREN

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,972

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    5918064

    Key Ingredients: Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), L-glutamine, L-arginine, betaine, taurine

    hope it wasnt expensive. wont help with definition. creatine doesnt work quite the way you said, but bloat is common and will not help with definition either.

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    8585908

    Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    Key Ingredients: Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), L-glutamine, L-arginine, betaine, taurine

    hope it wasnt expensive. wont help with definition. creatine doesnt work quite the way you said, but bloat is common and will not help with definition either.
    Is there any pill that will help with definition?

  7. #7
    5/3/1
    BOARD REP
    Marat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,121

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    38116404

    Quote Originally Posted by N_I_C_K View Post
    Is there any pill that will help with definition?
    Definition is essentially inversely proportional to body fat percentage. As your body fat percentage goes down, your definition increases.

    There is no pill that will decrease your body fat percentage on it's own --- BF% is a matter of diet.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    8585908

    Quote Originally Posted by m11 View Post
    Definition is essentially inversely proportional to body fat percentage. As your body fat percentage goes down, your definition increases.

    There is no pill that will decrease your body fat percentage on it's own --- BF% is a matter of diet.

    Alright, I just figured there would be something to help my diet. Like a little bit of a boost.

    Oh well.

    Okay I've got one more question. What are the best pills, pre-workout, and post-workout products to take to increase strength for a 16 year old.

  9. #9
    5/3/1
    BOARD REP
    Marat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,121

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    38116404

    I highly urge you to ensure that your diet and training is in order. You will see absolutely no results if these two factors (as well as proper rest) aren't in place first. No supplements will give you any results without a foundation of diet and training.

    To answer your question:
    A serving of creatine monohydrate is sufficient. Take it anytime, once a day, everday.

    I generally recommend that particular product because it is micronized --- the particles are smaller than typical CM and therefore will dissolve more readily. Any creatine monohydrate will be just as effective.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,972

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    5918064

    16 year olds should only be taking protein. work on your diet, that is where results come from.

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    8585908

    My diet is good, so is my training. I've modified my training and now I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger. Now my diet was good. I lost about 14 pounds since mid to late January. But now that I'm about 165 I can't seem to drop anymore and I haven't changed my diet at all.....I've actually had no junk food on weekends now, when I used to have a fair amount. I'm stuck at 165. Is it because I'm putting on as much weight in muscle as I'm losing fat or what?

    @nni: Protein and creatine is what I'm taking now so I'm doing it right. Well I'm taking those Catalyst still but just to get rid of them. Now that I know they don't do much I'll finish them off than not buy anymore.

    But there is a product called 'Afterglow' that I've heard is really good and has protein in it. What is the difference between products like that and normal whey protein?

  12. #12
    5/3/1
    BOARD REP
    Marat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,121

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    38116404

    AfterGlow contains KreAlkyln. Besides that, it looks like anything else.

    What do your macros look like and what is your maintenance?

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    8585908

    Quote Originally Posted by m11 View Post
    AfterGlow contains KreAlkyln. Besides that, it looks like anything else.

    What do your macros look like and what is your maintenance?
    What is KreAlkyln?

    I don't know what a macro is, sorry. If you can tell me what it is I'll tell you what they look like.

    By maintenance do you mean like what I eat and stuff after working out or what?

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    8585908

    Anyone know what KreAlkyln is?

  15. #15
    5/3/1
    BOARD REP
    Marat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,121

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    38116404

    It's a form of creatine. Because their isn't much (probably none) research on it's efficacy, creatine monohydrate is still essentially superior. Because it an ingredient in that protein powder, it drives the price up.

    'Macros' are macronutrients -- protein, fat, and carbohydrates. maintenance is the amount of calories that you need to consume in order to maintain one's current bodyweight.

Similar Threads

  1. diet pill
    By wackod2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
  2. Rip off Pill Trials
    By Raymond Sugar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 04:15 PM
  3. The magic pill....
    By CityHunter in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 09:41 PM
  4. Need A Pill
    By newyork2050 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 08:34 PM
  5. Sex pill headache
    By min0 lee in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums