IronMagLabs

BCAA's, any preferences?

Rep Points

BCAA's, any preferences?

Question was pretty much in the title.

I'm new to the forum, but noticed you guys have pretty good advice, usually backed by solid proof.

I'm stuck between either Xtend or Purple Wraath.

Think you could help out with this? Or have something better in mind?

- thanks

******* forums addicted
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Xtend is a good choice,it got it all!!!And low prices when you buy 90 servings size with bodybuilding.com.Maybe will give purple wraath a try!!!

Rep Points

I'll probably go with the Xtend then.
    Plus the wraath focuses on EAAs anyway, and I've got a pretty solid diet.

thanks
    Last edited by Cyco-tEk; 04-05-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: nvm

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

to me, there are three choices for bcaas (to me), xtend, ice or recoup from dymatize. the last two use ajinmoto bcaa's which are essentially the best you can get, the first does not, but it tastes the best. being as they all taste good, i stick with the quality source, so the last two.

if it is between xtend or wraath, wraath isnt a bcaa product, it is a eaa product, so xtend.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    to me, there are three choices for bcaas (to me), xtend, ice or recoup from dymatize. the last two use ajinmoto bcaa's which are essentially the best you can get, the first does not, but it tastes the best. being as they all taste good, i stick with the quality source, so the last two.

if it is between xtend or wraath, wraath isnt a bcaa product, it is a eaa product, so xtend.
    I was just about to make the order for Xtend when I read this. I am REALLY liking how Ice is looking.

Interesting... Might I ask what the advantages Ajinmoto BCAA's's have over just BCAA's?

Mixes better? that doesn't matter to me. I usually mix & chill my BCAA's overnight. As for the absorption rate, as long as it all gets in the system...

But the recovery rate and purity. Could you please elaborate?

I was just about to make the order for Xtend when I read this. I am REALLY liking how Ice is looking.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-tEk View Post

Interesting... Might I ask what the advantages Ajinmoto BCAA's's have over just BCAA's?

Mixes better? that doesn't matter to me. I usually mix & chill my BCAA's overnight. As for the absorption rate, as long as it all gets in the system...

But the recovery rate and purity. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks again, much appreciated.
    they actually mix much worse. with most compounds there are different levels of quality. all forms are not the same. for example some sources of beta alanine are not for human consumption and are dirt cheap, some are extremely high grade and are on the more expensive side. ajinomoto, who sell the amino-vital line, sell the highest grade bcaa's that are available. you can get cheap stuff or high grade stuff, the two that i mention tell you what you are getting, the other doesn't. to me if there was a large price difference, i might skimp out and save some money, but being as they are all competitively priced, i go with the higher quality stuff. there may be some information on the ajinomoto's site.

Rep Points

is it necassary to take bcaa's if they are already in your protien drinks?

******* forums addicted
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

AminoVital is way more expensive than X-tend!!!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nova1970sb View Post
    is it necassary to take bcaa's if they are already in your protien drinks?
    it is not necessary at all. all proteins are made of amino acids, so technically bcaas are indeed in protein drinks. to get the effects of free form bcaas your body has to break down the whole protein, with free form bcaas (or any amino acid) the breaking down is already done, so the effects are more immediate, essentially different. so while not necessary, it is a worthy addition.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlabrute View Post
    AminoVital is way more expensive than X-tend!!!
    no one suggested that as an alternative. thanks for the random declaration though.

Rep Points

they actually mix much worse. with most compounds there are different levels of quality. all forms are not the same. for example some sources of beta alanine are not for human consumption and are dirt cheap, some are extremely high grade and are on the more expensive side. ajinomoto, who sell the amino-vital line, sell the highest grade bcaa's that are available. you can get cheap stuff or high grade stuff, the two that i mention tell you what you are getting, the other doesn't. to me if there was a large price difference, i might skimp out and save some money, but being as they are all competitively priced, i go with the higher quality stuff. there may be some information on the ajinomoto's site.
    I wasn't aware of that some sources of Beta Alanine were not for human consumption. Could you elaborate a bit more on that?

I use BA regularly and always looking for cheaper sources

Rep Points

i generally like to do both BCAAs with EAAs. I feel my recovery is fastest when combining both. FYI

Board Sponsor

Rep Points

instantized branch chain amino acids are more soluble than others, and have shown to be most effective.
    Just wanted everyone to know that as of 7/16/2010 I will be stepping down as a Primordial Rep. All emails will be forwarded to John, aka Trauma, who will be stepping into my position. I will still be on all of the boards using this name.

Weight/Muscle Gain Coach

Rep Points

HA, it makes absolutely no difference what brand of BCAA's you take. You can compare price/quantity and go for the better price, that's your best bet.

I got the powder form and I mix it with respberry Crystal Light to hide the taste and it does a pretty good job. I tried mixing it with a protein shake and the horrible taste shined through. I know protein powder already has plenty of BCAA's in it but I wanted to see if it could mask the taste...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-tEk View Post
    Question was pretty much in the title.

I'm new to the forum, but noticed you guys have pretty good advice, usually backed by solid proof.

I'm stuck between either Xtend or Purple Wraath.

Think you could help out with this? Or have something better in mind?

- thanks

Board Sponsor

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WeightGainNet View Post
    HA, it makes absolutely no difference what brand of BCAA's you take. You can compare price/quantity and go for the better price, that's your best bet.

I got the powder form and I mix it with respberry Crystal Light to hide the taste and it does a pretty good job. I tried mixing it with a protein shake and the horrible taste shined through. I know protein powder already has plenty of BCAA's in it but I wanted to see if it could mask the taste...
    maybe if you're comparing normal BCAA's, but instantized are better overall for solubility and absorption.
    Just wanted everyone to know that as of 7/16/2010 I will be stepping down as a Primordial Rep. All emails will be forwarded to John, aka Trauma, who will be stepping into my position. I will still be on all of the boards using this name.

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15

IronMag Research Now Open! - heavyiron15 for 15% off!

Buy Syringes No Prescription
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Core Nutritionals ABC
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

5/3/1
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

IronMagazine's board sponsor, LG Sciences, makes a fantastic BCAA product : BC+EAA

Check it out -- it tastes good and comes at a good price point.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post

i would never trust anything put out by them. the fda has caught them several times now.

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Core Nutritionals ABC
    good product.

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

i would never trust anything put out by them. the fda has caught them several times now.

Chain'd out is a good product.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Chain'd out is a good product.
    if im not mistaken they have been caught spiking between 2-4 products and claim that it was not intentional. that indicates a complete lack of quality control and with all of the options, i wont risk it.

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

if im not mistaken they have been caught spiking between 2-4 products and claim that it was not intentional. that indicates a complete lack of quality control and with all of the options, i wont risk it.
    Do you have a specific problem with chain'd out?

What were the products spiked with?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Do you have a specific problem with chain'd out?

What were the products spiked with?
    i have a problem with the whole company. i think venom and something else was caught. ill have to check the fda press release.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsro.../ucm109071.htm

there is another that i cant find.

Board Sponsor

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rucker View Post
    maybe if you're comparing normal BCAA's, but instantized are better overall for solubility and absorption.
    Primordials iBCAA's are 15% during the Summer Super Sale. Everything is discounted for the next 7 days.

Rep Points

A great brand for amino acids is Beverly International. They have been well known for many years for maintaining the highest quality products in the market.