• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

FDA to ban walnuts?

Perdido

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
They are too healthy for you therefor they must be deemed a controlled substance...

Diamond Food Inc. 2/22/10

Yet FDA allows Frito-Lay potato chips a mostly fried product to be advertised as “heart healthy”

Ridiculous.

Thats fucking stupid. Just...so fucking STUPID.

They are just telling them that they are misrepresenting their product by making unsupported claims, false advertising as it were....

"The back of your product label also bears the following statement: "The omega-3 in walnuts can help you get the proper balance of fatty acids your body needs for promoting and maintaining heart health. In fact, according to the Food and Drug Administration, supportive but not conclusive research shows that eating 1.5 oz of walnuts per day, as part of a low saturated fat and low cholesterol diet, and not resulting in increased caloric intake, may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. Please refer to nutrition information for fat content and other details about the nutritional profile of walnuts." Although FDA exercises enforcement discretion over the last two sentences of this statement, which meet the criteria for a qualified health claim for walnuts and coronary heart disease, the last two sentences read in conjunction with the first sentence makes the entire statement an unauthorized health claim.

The statement suggests that the evidence supporting a relationship between walnuts and coronary heart disease is related to the omega-3 fatty acid content of walnuts. There is not sufficient evidence to identify a biologically active substance in walnuts that reduces the risk of CHD. Therefore, the above statement is an unauthorized health claim. This letter is not intended to be an inclusive review of your products and their labeling. It is your responsibility to ensure that all of your products comply with the Act and its implementing regulations."

They're idiots. If they choose to take this route with Walnuts, they might as well go after all whole foods.

There is protocol that needs to be followed to label foods with such attributes.

All the FDA seems to be marking is the way this company is marketing there products.

Do I agree that the likes of Lay's can make certain retarded claims NO! But I my guess would be if the company provided the proper documentation for there labeling there would be no issue.

who cares!

nuts take way to long to chew anyway. I like my food to just melt on my tongue like milkshakes and french fries...

Website
Based on claims made on your firm's website, we have determined that your walnut products are promoted for conditions that cause them to be drugs because these products are intended for use in the prevention, mitigation, and treatment of disease.

they just want them labeled as food not something for medicinal use.

That's why you all should pulse walnuts. And take PCT afterwards.

It's still a complete mystery to me why we have an obesity problem in this nation.

I was working in a rural area yesterday and stopped at a convenience store because I was thirsty. I couldn't find a low calorie or diet drink in the place.
The fatso behind the counter asked "can I help you?" because I was staring in bewilderment at the massive array of softdrinks, juices and other crap on display. So I asked "don't you have any diet stuff or water?" She said "no we don't drink that shit around here." Who would have guessed that?

It's still a complete mystery to me why we have an obesity problem in this nation.

HFCs

High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Website
Based on claims made on your firm's website, we have determined that your walnut products are promoted for conditions that cause them to be drugs because these products are intended for use in the prevention, mitigation, and treatment of disease.

they just want them labeled as food not something for medicinal use.
But drugs are food and foods are drugs, even water they all cause changes in biochemistry.....

And HFCS. I'm willing to put down good money that if that shit was taken out of the American diet we'd see a precipitous drop in body weight.

No shit Doms, last year we decided to make an attempt to cut this out of our lives. Fairly impossible, but at least we have minimized it.

My kids have not been sick. We are talking about a 7 year old and a 4 year old. Basically walking disease factories. Not so much as a cough. And they are both a good weight, and sleep better.

My girlfriend doesn't excercise at all, and just by cutting out sodas and HFCS she has lost inches from her waist, while maintaining weight.

This shit is the devil.

I can't stand this crap. I got this in an email last night and it made me angry. They should just ban food outright. You know, seeing as food can prevent the onset of starvation. Ban air and water too? Get a fucking job, FDA.

IML Gear Cream!
No shit Doms, last year we decided to make an attempt to cut this out of our lives. Fairly impossible, but at least we have minimized it.

My kids have not been sick. We are talking about a 7 year old and a 4 year old. Basically walking disease factories. Not so much as a cough. And they are both a good weight, and sleep better.

My girlfriend doesn't excercise at all, and just by cutting out sodas and HFCS she has lost inches from her waist, while maintaining weight.

This shit is the devil.

It should be illegal.

The following video was from this thread, posted by maxpro2. You're going to just love HFCS even more after watching it. It starts off a little glib, be then he gets into the real facts of it.

YouTube Video

^ Thanks, DOMS.

That was done well. I watched the entire version of the long version.

This guy did it very well. And only 11 minutes.

I've been meaning to watch the 90min vid. Thanks for posting the 11 minute one.

It should be illegal.

The following video was from this thread, posted by maxpro2. You're going to just love HFCS even more after watching it. It starts off a little glib, be then he gets into the real facts of it.

YouTube Video

This was fucking fascinating. Thankyou!

I've been meaning to watch the 90min vid. Thanks for posting the 11 minute one.

You're welcome.

This was fucking fascinating. Thankyou!

Now you see how bad that crap is. You're lucky that corn isn't subsidized in the UK like it is in the US. You use sugar, we use poison.

Very interesting....great videos.

I really think it comes down to HFCS. You should watch that video and you'll understand why.

I just did, thats why I erased that post. Very informative and shocking, good thing I always stick to water.

Back