• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Should I run or walk

firstly , u specify ur purpose for what u want to do running or walking.

yeh, either answer could be right. If your carryin a new born up a flight of stairs with high heels and coke I suggest walk. if a crazy jap is behind you with a chain saw screamin then i'd pick up the pace a notch

run. walking is for beginners or people that arnt tough enough mentally to run.
my mailman walks 9 miles a day and is a slob. diet..diet..and run.

Look before the pros hit up this post ima be real with choo. FIrst things first you gotta get your diet and get it right. You need to be figuring up how many cals you take in daily, and how many calories you burn. THen you need to make sure your take ins are 500 less then your burnt. After you do that you need to figure out how many times a day your going to eat (its not THAT important but it helps) 5 - 6 small meals are cool to keep your metabolism going. then you need to figure out what kind of exercising your going to do. Try walking and running. Mix it up.. Cals burned are cals burned i dont care how you do it. YOu burn more jogging so do what ya do... Fat loss comes from burning more calories then you take in so as long as your at a a lower ratio and migrate in weights/exercise/cardio then the only way the weight can go is down :)

Despite comments from people that are too tough to be educated, walking is also beneficial for losing fat/weight. The loss must be done in conjunction with an effective. If you're overeating no amount of walking or running will help you lose fat/weight. You'll need to assess yourself and decide if you're capable of going from a walking to a running program. Some conditions require or may prevent someone from running (Obesity, joint ailment/injury, surgery) until those conditions no longer exist.

Walking is working at a lower intensity and requires less quick energy but still burns fat/calories however you'll burn fewer calories than you would for the same amount of time if you worked out at a harder intensity (running). If you do work at a low intensity, increase the time spent exercising to burn more calories. I've lost 4 inches off my waist and close to 15 pounds walking 3-5 x a week on a treadmill using 3.5-3.8mph and 5.5 up to 12.degree inclines for 35 minutes. I also work out 3-5 times a week and eat healthy. You can go to fitday.com open a free account and track caloric intake. As Ceazur mentioned what matters most is the total number of calories burned vs the total number consumed.

Go to fitday.com and keep track of the food/calories you're eating.

i work in an building and i refuse 2 use the elevator so that should an add to the calories that I burn

IML Gear Cream!
man not being disrespectful/rude but if you are serious about weight loss then that "take the stairs" shet aint guna cut it.. Im not saying nothing bad about that but weight loss is not supposed to be "diet" or temporary. You gotta change the life style. Once you change everything and the way you look at weight loss then you will feel comfortable about it because you know that your weight is always going down and your always looking better, never worse.

Walking can certainly be a useful part of a cohesive plan for weight loss, but I doubt you'll get the results you want if it's the only change you make.

Also, you can make walking pretty intense. If you do so up a steeply inclined treadmill, or go hiking up a mountain, for example, you can use walking as a fairly high intensity exercise modality.

yeh, either answer could be right. If your carryin a new born up a flight of stairs with high heels and coke I suggest walk. if a crazy jap is behind you with a chain saw screamin then i'd pick up the pace a notch

:roflmao: funny chit rite dare!

i work in an building and i refuse 2 use the elevator so that should an add to the calories that I burn

Every calorie counts, right? But I didn't count the calories burned while walking the dogs yesterday. It's not consistent enough to even enter in an exercise journal. You're stopping every five seconds for them to sniff at something or roll around on the grass, to clean up after them, etc.

I'm only counting the treadmill time. Uninterrupted effort.

Should I run or walk
which 1 is most successful

But to answer your question, I've been using slow cardio (walking) in my fat loss efforts.

Although I ran cross country as a kid and I was at my leanest. Not sure if that's more age related or an indication that running is better for fat loss.

Try both is my final answer! :D

Running should help you speed up your metabolism better than walking. If you are trying to lose weight, I suggest running

Either or will give you the same result just in a different amount of time. If you run you will use up calories much faster than walking so whether you choose to run for 15 minutes or walk for an hour it's really up to you and what fits your schedule. Your weight loss will mostly come through diet though.

Every calorie counts, right? But I didn't count the calories burned while walking the dogs yesterday. It's not consistent enough to even enter in an exercise journal. You're stopping every five seconds for them to sniff at something or roll around on the grass, to clean up after them, etc.

I'm only counting the treadmill time. Uninterrupted effort.

But to answer your question, I've been using slow cardio (walking) in my fat loss efforts.

Although I ran cross country as a kid and I was at my leanest. Not sure if that's more age related or an indication that running is better for fat loss.

Try both is my final answer! :D

X country. I knew i liked you for a reason.

Your body burns different fuels at different exercise intensities, and it burns fat at the lowest intensities because fat gives more energy per gram than carbs, but requires more oxygen to be metabolized. The higher your intensity picks up, the more you have to dip into carbs to keep up with the energy demand. If you want to specifically lose fat, walking is great but it takes a long time to burn the same calories as running. Diet really is the most important factors, to lose weight quite simply energy output has to be higher than energy input. Run or walk all you like, but if you're taking in more calories than you're burning you're going to gain weight. I'd recommend HIIT for the most benefits. It burns a lot of calories, increases lactate threshold, increases aerobic fitness and mobilizes fat to be metabolized. If you run at a high intensity for 1 minute then walk for 2-3mins, then run fast again and repeat over 20-30mins you've got a quick exercise with a lot of benefits.

I prefer LISS (low intensity sustained state) cardio post-workout when im trying to get into top condition.

IML Gear Cream!
I recommend running. If it's too much for you a first run a bit, walk a bit, run a bit, walk a bit, and so on..

Back