NapsGear.net

Replacing bench press with corner press

Greg

Rep Points

Replacing bench press with corner press

What are your guys thoughts on this?

The angle of a corner press seems to put it in-between vertical and horizontal. I hate benching and was wondering if this is a good enough substitute.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

It's more of a shoulder movement, it's definitely heavy on the anterior delt but not so much on the chest. Great exercise though.

Have you tried Floor Press? A lot more fun than regular benching. What about dips or using dumbells?
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

It's a vertical press. You have to lean forward too, so the line in which you are pushing is pretty much parallel to your trunk. I don't think it's a good substitute for the bench press necessarily, but more for an overhead press.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

******* forums addicted
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Bench press

At first was getting no pec development from bench presses,just did ego lifting!My main exercice for pec is low incline dbll presses! I don't do it the way most people are though, i get more of a full range of motion!!!Main difference is when going down,I keep dbll close to my pecs but rotate them so they are parrallel to my body, like this i can go lower on the eccentric portion of the movements and get a fucking good stretch!
    The more harder and difficult is the road that lead to success,the greater is the gift and reward at the end of that path...

Greg

Rep Points

Alright, I think I'll just bench press with dumbells as it feels more natural to me. For some reason BB bench press feels very uncomfortable on my wrists, shoulders, and elbows.

Gaz, yeah I've done floor press a few times and really like it. I think I'll mix it in every once in a while.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fredlabrute View Post
    At first was getting no pec development from bench presses,just did ego lifting!My main exercice for pec is low incline dbll presses! I don't do it the way most people are though, i get more of a full range of motion!!!Main difference is when going down,I keep dbll close to my pecs but rotate them so they are parrallel to my body, like this i can go lower on the eccentric portion of the movements and get a fucking good stretch!

i do the same, get another couple more inches going down

Placebo Abuser

Rep Points

Check this shit out. How come I feel like my triceps get more of a workout doing dips with hands on chair and feet on a chair rather then when I use my actually machine designed for dips.. Like one from a gym you know?
    "Train like God is watching"

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by gtbmed View Post
    For some reason BB bench press feels very uncomfortable on my wrists, shoulders, and elbows.
    Same here.

Rep Points

After having weird "clicking" issues with my left shoulder when doing regular dumbbell presses i opted to just turn my hands from perpendicular to parallel. This as simple as it sounds made all the difference. My weight went up, my chest really feels the pump, and the clicking is gone.

In the end the real question is "Why do you want to find a substitute for bench press"?
    Please do not PM me with questions, I will not PM you back.