• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need help w/wife in another way!!!

primopup

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My wife & I work different and (me) varied shifts. When she sees me all she wants to do is yap,yap,yap...It goes beyond just talking, it's incessant. It NEVER stops!!! It irritates me & when I try to tell her, she says,"want me to shut-up?" & she does, & she's MAD AS HELL!!!
Am I an ass or what? ANY comments, suggestions, would be very helpful!!!
Thanking all oif you in advance!!!

sounds like it's time for the Old Dutch Oven :thinking:

yea you are an ass. it doesn't take anything for you to listen to her. it doesn't matter what a woman is talking about. she might be talking about how intuitive the cat is. humor her. or engage her in conversation that interests you. it's your wife. pull your head out your ass and stop being selfish.

disclaimer:with your description none of us knows the situation and this could be full of shit advice

Just tell her you're tired from working and not to open her mouth again unless it's to receive your cock. If the yapping persists, get out the dutch oven.

:coffee:

My wife & I work different and (me) varied shifts. When she sees me all she wants to do is yap,yap,yap...It goes beyond just talking, it's incessant. It NEVER stops!!! It irritates me & when I try to tell her, she says,"want me to shut-up?" & she does, & she's MAD AS HELL!!!
Am I an ass or what? ANY comments, suggestions, would be very helpful!!!
Thanking all oif you in advance!!!

If your wife regularly spins off into talking jags, following a stream of consciousness, and particularly if she talks mostly about herself, or bitches about others, then it's pathology -- a form of manic behavior -- and you're not being an ass. She is -- unless she can't help herself, then she needs to be diagnosed and treated. I feel for you; I've been around people like this (haven't we all?) and they are exhausting because they rob us of solitude without providing us with companionship. Isn't the opposite the definition of conversation?

IML Gear Cream!
I think its fair to say you need some 'down time' to wind down from work - like - set some boundaries that give you both time for "you time" and "us time", esp if you work crazy shifts and it affects your ability to wind down w/o drama.

Hello,
Sorry i don't have any idea for you problem
Thanks for this post

Lmao best post ever. Thanks for cumming by!

Try and have a conversation with her without involving your day to day problems. And stop being such a redneck.

"Yeah" "really" "NO WAY" "What was the last part?" "Yeah" "really" "NO WAY" "I don't know, what do you think?" "How did that make you feel? : ("

That's all you need. You don't have to even pay attention beyond the tone of her voice. ; )

Try to tell her that you're tired from work, and that you're not able to be a good listener at the moment, but that you would love to talk to her when you're feeling better.

I have no idea on what you should do, but I definitely know what you should not do.

I used to sleep with married chicks/girls that were in relationships quite a lot in college, it was actually fairly easy. I'd have them over for wine, candle light, and they sat on the bed and I'd pull up a chair, I wouldn't try anything physical, just started a conversation. Then they wouldn't shut the fuck up for the next hour while I pretended to pay attention and sipped my wine, at the end they'd say how nice it was to have someone listen to them. After that they'd be in the mood.

Ya it sucks, but you're in a relationship now. Listen to her bitch or she'll find someone who does.

maybe shes lacking your attention or shes glad to see you because of the swing shift work. ive been married 20 yrs and i never get sick of my wife talking. i wouldnt put her off all the time or she might want to see if the grass is greener on the other side my friend. no disrespect to you just my opinion. imo

Does she have any friends? and if not try to get her to interact with other women. so mabey she can get it all out to them.

IML Gear Cream!
extroverted + narcissistic = a nightmare combo = RUN!

If you guys rarely see each other why wouldn't you want to talk and tell you how your day is :s

I think its her way of connecting with you. She just wants to know you are interested in her and care about her, which is what relationships are. If you don't want to communicate with anyone, I would suggest opting for the bachelor route. Active listening will probably go further than automated responses such as "Yeah" "really" "NO WAY" "What was the last part?" "Yeah" "really" "NO WAY" "I don't know, what do you think?" "How did that make you feel? : ("

Have a conversation with her for crying out loud, and maybe she won't want to talk your ear off so often.

I think its her way of connecting with you. She just wants to know you are interested in her and care about her, which is what relationships are. If you don't want to communicate with anyone, I would suggest opting for the bachelor route. Active listening will probably go further than automated responses such as "Yeah" "really" "NO WAY" "What was the last part?" "Yeah" "really" "NO WAY" "I don't know, what do you think?" "How did that make you feel? : ("

Have a conversation with her for crying out loud, and maybe she won't want to talk your ear off so often.

Your reply, and similar replies, completely miss the point if you carefully read what the OP wrote. This woman is pathological, relentless, in his words she "never" shuts up. The definition of conversation is someone who interacts without robbing one of solitude. You are lecturing a victim, telling him to enable his abuser.

I don't really agree. I am thinking she has reached this point of relentless yapping due to not being engaged in conversation, based on the information provided at least (which is vague).

If you get home and can't stand talking to your wife... maybe you shouldn't have married her.

You say you love her but it doesn't sound like it. It sounds like you can't stand her... otherwise you would look forward to talking to her.

Your reply, and similar replies, completely miss the point if you carefully read what the OP wrote. This woman is pathological, relentless, in his words she "never" shuts up. The definition of conversation is someone who interacts without robbing one of solitude. You are lecturing a victim, telling him to enable his abuser.

This is HIS perception of her when he just walked in the door and probably doesnt' feel like listening to anyone until he gets to sit down and kick it a little. When you're passing from your own time to shared time, especially as a day is winding down, each person has different needs and since they are married, they need to find a way to meet each other's needs.

Back