• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Evolution

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks DOMS, I'll add in more rotator cuff on shoulder day. Or maybe even throw it in on wednesdays since I don't do weights that day.

Have you tried the one with a cable in which you put the pully about elbow level. And then you rotate from straight out to the chest for a few reps, and then swich pullies or rotate and do it going out from that straight out spot. That one burns like hell but seems to do a really good job.

My old training partner really strained hit rotator cuff so I learned a bunch of those and they have really helped me.

I was at a point I couldn't do flye or pec dec stuff without my shoulder actually poping, and those excercises really helped speed the healling.

Stat time since I'm getting more lean but the scale isn't moving much:

Weight: 239
Body Part - Left - Right
Forearm - 12.75" - 12.50"
Bicept - 15.50" - 15.50"
Chest - 46"
Waist - 43"
Thigh - 25.50" - 25.50"
Calf - 17.00" - 17.50"

Friday:
Shoulders
Dumbbell Overhead Press - 65x8, 65x6, 60x6, Drop set:60x4,45x5
Upright Rows - 85x8, 105x6, 85x6
Laterals - 20x8, 20x8, 20 x 8 8
Reverse Flyes sitting on an incline bench - 20x7, 20x8, 20 x 6

Step Mill 30 minutes interval low = 4, high = 7

Monday:
Chest
Hammer Strength Flat - Warmup:8x10 Work:6x160, 6x160, 6x140 drop set: 4x140+6x90
Hammer Strength Incline - 8x140, 5x140, 6x110, 6x110
Cable Fly's- 8x45, 6x 55, 8x50

Cardio: stepmill 45 minutes x internval low=4, high = 5

Last week was a cluster fuck of epic proportions.
Made it to the gym one day last week because I had to put in 16-20hr days during the bring up of a new system.

I can feel the long days sitting have messed with my back to, but on to the better things in life.

Made it to the gym today, and should be able to go the rest of the week.
Plus I think I'm going to do a program I found on the boards starting next week, I'll put up the details as soon as I can.

Tuesday:
Chest
Hammer Strength Flat - Warmup:110x10 Work:6x160, 6x160, 6x110
Hammer Strength Incline - 6x140, 6x130, 7x110
Hammer Strength Decline - 6x160, 5x160, 7x110

Cardio: stepmill 40 minutes x internval low=4, high = 6

Last week was a cluster fuck of epic proportions.

I can feel the long days sitting have messed with my back to, but on to the better things in life.

Wow that sounds serious ;)

As for the back O .. I would suggest getting a back support ball or pillow and making sure that when your sitting down your thighs and lower legs are positioned at 90degrees .. oh and every 2 hours make sure you get up and have a good RAD (random acts of dancing) session :)

.. oh and every 2 hours make sure you get up and have a good RAD (random acts of dancing) session :)

haaah this may get the psycho ward called on me. :roflmao:

Thanks for the tips on the back, I'll have to do something for those times things get crazy.

The Workout Plan starting monday 7/19/2010

Going to move cardio to evenings.

Planning to follow this the next 12 weeks. Then go back to normal for a bit and re-evaluate.

Monday
Chest and Bicep
A.......Incline Dumbbell
.........Seated Dumbbell Curls
B.......Hammer Flat Bench
.........Barbell Curl
C.......Decline Hammer
.........Preacher EZ

Tuesday
Legs
A.......Hack Squats
.........SLDL
B.......Front Squats
.........Leg Press Calf raise

C.......Extensions
.........Curls

Thursday
Back and Tricep
A.......V Grip Pulldown
.........V-Bar Press
B.......Deadlift
.........Close-Grip Bench Press
C.......Hammer Strength Row
.........Reverse-grip Cable Pushdown

Friday
Shoulders
A.......Lateral Raises
.........Bent Over Lats
B.......Seated Dumbbell Press
.........Seated Calf Raises
C.......Upright Row
.........Shrugs?? may need to find something else as the back may not handle this well after all the other exercises

Exercise A: GOAL of 40 reps. Start out getting 30-32
Exercise B: (4-5 sets 8-12 reps)
Exercise C: Goal of 50. Starting out getting 40-42

Ultimately once you hit the goal reps, you increase the weight and start over again. Also each session you need to either
1. increase the weight.
2. increase the reps, even if you have to do singles to get it.

haaah this may get the psycho ward called on me. :roflmao:

Thanks for the tips on the back, I'll have to do something for those times things get crazy.

Oh trust me it works .. my sister and I swear by it .. It doesnt matter where we are when we are stressed we RAD it out .. the bank doesnt like it very much :)

Oh trust me it works .. my sister and I swear by it .. It doesnt matter where we are when we are stressed we RAD it out .. the bank doesnt like it very much :)

Let me guess, you mix this with RAS (Random Acts of Skipping)?

Bankers have no sense of humor, here they have bullet proof glass at every teller now. :rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
Wednesday:
Back (Back was hurting so did everything seated with support)
Hammer High Rows: 90x10, 180x8, 230x6, 230x5
Hammer Low Rows:180x8, 230x5, 200x6, 200x6
Hammer Rows: 180x8, 230x7, 230x6

cardio: step mill level 5 steady

Thursday:
Shoulders

Overhead DB presses: 45'sx8, 45'sx7, 45'sx6, 45'sx6, 45'sx6
Upright Barbell Rows: 95x8, 95x6, 115x6, 115x5
Bent Over Cable Laterals: 45/side x 10, 65/side x 8, 65/side x 6, 65/side x 6

cardio: step mill level 5 steady

Let me guess, you mix this with RAS (Random Acts of Skipping)?

Bankers have no sense of humor, here they have bullet proof glass at every teller now. :rolleyes:

Well I have had RAS (random acts of singing) sessions but not skipping ... hmm thats a good idea :)

Yah those tellers need to be alot looser and could benefit from some of their own RADing sessions !! Then perhaps they will lighten up and SHOW ME THE MONEY !!

updated plan after reading over it again

Planning to follow this the next 12 weeks. Then go back to normal for a bit and re-evaluate.

Monday
Chest and Bicep
A.......Incline Dumbbell
.........Seated Dumbbell Curls
B.......Hammer Flat Bench
.........Barbell Curl
C.......Decline Hammer
.........Preacher EZ

Tuesday
Legs
A.......Hack Squats
.........SLDL
B.......Front Squats
.........Leg Press Calf raise

C.......Extensions
.........Curls

Thursday
Back and Tricep
A.......V Grip Pulldown
.........V-Bar Press
B.......Deadlift
.........Close-Grip Bench Press
C.......Hammer Strength Row
.........Reverse-grip Cable Pushdown

Friday
Shoulders
A.......Lateral Raises
.........Bent Over Lats
B.......Seated Dumbbell Press
.........Seated Calf Raises
C.......Upright Row
.........Shrugs?? may need to find something else as the back may not handle this well after all the other exercises

Exercise A: GOAL of 40 reps. Start out getting 30-32
Exercise B: (4-5 sets 3-5 reps) (Power/Strength phase)
Exercise C: Goal of 50. Starting out getting 40-42

Ultimately once you hit the goal reps, you increase the weight and start over again. Also each session you need to either
1. increase the weight.
2. increase the reps, even if you have to do singles to get it.

Had an early meeting yesterday so delayed the start of my program a day. I'll be skipping the Wed break to get back no it.

Tuesday 7/20/2010
Chest and Bicep
(Learning the correct weight, turns out on alot I was short changing my strength)
A - Incline Dumbbell - 45x10,10,10,9,9 Total of : 48

A - Seated Dumbbell Curls - 25x10,10,10,9,9 Total of : 48

B - Hammer Flat Bench - 3x180,3x180,2x180,3x160,5x140
B - Barbell Curl - 2x85,4x75,3x75,5x65

C - Decline Hammer - 160x10,8,7,6,6,6,5 Total of : 53
C - Preacher EZ - 40x10,8,7,7,7,6,6,6 Total of : 56

Next weeks's setup:
A - Incline Dumbbell - 55's
A - Seated Dumbbell Curls - 30's

B - Hammer Flat Bench - 190
B - Barbell Curl - Switched to heavy standing dumbell curls the straight bar is causing forearm pain. Start with 45's

C - Decline Hammer - 170
C - Preacher EZ - 50

Tomorrow I get to conquer my fear. I have been skipping legs ALOT because I'm nervous about my back.

So tomorrow is leg day in my new program, and I'm an all or nothing person so I have to suck it up and get over it. I bought one of the 6" weight belts so I'm going to wear that on the heavy sets to try to take some of the pressure off my back and avoid any twisting.

I have to admit, I enjoy doing a program better than just making up something for myself.

Wednesday 7/21/2010
Legs

A - Hack Squates - 180x10,10,10,10 Total of : 40

A - SLDL - 95x10,10,10,10 Total of : 40

B - Front Squats - 135x5, 135x5, 135x5, 135x5, 135x5 (each set I increased my ROM)
B - Leg Press (Calf Raises) - 270x10, 320x10, 370x10, 370x10, 370x10

C - Leg Extensions - 100x10,10,10,10,10 Total of : 50 + 165x6
C - Seated Leg Curls - 100x10,10,10,10,10 Total of : 50 + 150x5 (First Gym I've ever seen that didn't have a lying leg curl machine)

Next weeks's setup:
A - Hack Squates - 230
A - SLDL - 115

B - Front Squats - 185
B - Leg Press (Calf Raises) - 410

C - Leg Extensions - 130
C - Seated Leg Curls - 130

So legs are considerably sore even with the low/moderate weights.

The weight belt made a huge difference. I did my first set of Hacks and SLDL's and it pinched like hell and I considered going and doing cardio. But sucked it up and put on the belt, and turns out it fucking worked, pain didn't return so now I'm going to continue following the program and just make moderate increases and monitor how it feels.

But now that I know I can do/handle it, I'm all in. :)

So legs are considerably sore even with the low/moderate weights.

The weight belt made a huge difference. I did my first set of Hacks and SLDL's and it pinched like hell and I considered going and doing cardio. But sucked it up and put on the belt, and turns out it fucking worked, pain didn't return so now I'm going to continue following the program and just make moderate increases and monitor how it feels.

But now that I know I can do/handle it, I'm all in. :)

SWEETNESS .. Great to hear O !!! :ohyeah:

Thanks JennyB, sometimes/most times I am my own worst enemy. Turns out today the pain feels good as it means I've finally been able to push my legs to grow again.:thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
WTF was I thinking, Legs and Back, back to back quads are killing me.

Thursday 7/22/2010
Back

A - V Grip Pulldowns - 140x10, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4 Total of : 43

A - V-Bar Pressdown - 100x10, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, 7 Total of : 54

B - Deadlifts - 155x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5
B - CGBench in Smith Rack - 90x7, 140x5, 140x5, 140x5, 130x4

C - Hammer Strength Rows - 200x 8, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4 Total of : 38
C - Reverse Grip Pressdown - 100x 12, 10, 9, 8, 6, 7 Total of : 52

Next weeks's setup:
A - V Grip Pulldowns - 150
A - V-Bar Pressdown - 120

B - Deadlifts - Start at 205

B - CGBench in Smith Rack - 150 (wondering if I should switch to doing dumbells but keep the elbows in on a flatbench)

C - Hammer Strength Rows - 200 and get more reps til I surpass 50 total

C - Reverse Grip Pressdown - 110

Thanks JennyB, sometimes/most times I am my own worst enemy. Turns out today the pain feels good as it means I've finally been able to push my legs to grow again.:thumb:

Most of us are our own worst enemies and biggest critics. I am feeling the pain from my lower body workout a few days ago as well. Lets giver !!

It hit me today, the gym is my little sanctuary, a home away from home.

It doesn't matter how sore or tired I am, I'm always glad once I'm in the gym. I put in the earbuds and crank it up and go into my own little world.

I've also found that after about 8yrs away so many of the things that used to just eat away at me or that I would obsess about over that time really just aren't that big a deal, or I was taking way to personal.

Omerta, just stumbled onto your journal and have enjoyed it very much. You're a good writer. You mention your history of back problems, something we have in common (with millions of others, of course.) During my fifteen or so years of chronic, sometimes incapacitating pain, I tried everything in search of relief, from neuro surgeons, orthopedists, brain chemistry PhDs, many epidurals, to acupuncture quacks. Here is what changed my life: a machine called a Versaclimber. Google it, and you will see that it is a modified stepper, with adjustable tension, that gives you a full body workout. First time I got on one, I did three minutes and thought I was going to have a fucking heart attack. It's just a full on ass kicker. Now I do 25-60 minutes a day, and have never felt better. The one I bought is called a "cross-crawl" which the Versaclimber people recommend as being particularly beneficial to people with lower back pain. I don't know how it does what it does -- strengthens core muscles; naturally stretches and equalizes leg length -- but the damn thing has been magic for me. Within a month, I had markedly less pain. I have been using it for more than a year now and I am absolutely pain free for the first time in decades. Because you can adjust tension, you can do biceps, forearms and shoulders, or concentrate on legs all in the same workout. I also have a Nautilus ab weight stack, and that has contributed, but I give most of the credit to my Versaclimber. No, I don't own stock in the company, I'm associated in no fiscal or social way with its members. But I do like spreading the good word.

Friday 7/23/2010
Shoulders and Misc

A - Side Laterals - 25x 8, 8, 8, 6, 6, 5 Total of : 41

A - BOL on Facing Incline bench - 15 x 8, 8, 8, 6, 7, 6 Total of : 43

B - Seated DB Shoulder Presses - 55x5, 60x3, 50x7, 50x6, 50x5
B - Seated Calf Raises- 135x10, 160x5, 160x7, 160x7, 160x7

C - Upright BB Rows - 95 x 10, 6, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6 Total of : 40
C - BB Shrugs - 185x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 Total of : 50 + 6@205

Next weeks's setup:
A - Side Laterals - 30
A - BOL on Facing Incline bench - 20

B - Seated DB Shoulder Presses - Start at 60

B - Seated Calf Raises - Start at 160

C - Upright BB Rows - 95 and get more reps til I surpass 50 total

C - BB Shrugs - 205

I think the weight on the seated calf raises was more about the pain in my quads and the bar with the weight on it than the actual calves keeping me from doing more reps.

Hi 2tomlinson, thank you for the encouragement and the great info on the Versaclimber. When I used to go to Golds back in the day they had a couple of them, but in 4 yrs going to that gym I never saw a single person use one.

Right now my prefered cardio is the step mill (the escalator type so you can't chicken our and do 1 inch steps) and I about had a heart attack as well, I've finally gotten so I can do the intervals between 4 and 6, which is higher than I did even years ago.

Those Versaclimbers are kinda spendy for me at the moment, may have to save up. Do you have any feelings on the quality if I should say find one on Craigs list or ebay, would it be worth it to get used or just save and maybe get new.

And most of all Congrats on handling the back pain in a constructive way. :thumbs:

Hi 2tomlinson, thank you for the encouragement and the great info on the Versaclimber. When I used to go to Golds back in the day they had a couple of them, but in 4 yrs going to that gym I never saw a single person use one.

Right now my prefered cardio is the step mill (the escalator type so you can't chicken our and do 1 inch steps) and I about had a heart attack as well, I've finally gotten so I can do the intervals between 4 and 6, which is higher than I did even years ago.

Those Versaclimbers are kinda spendy for me at the moment, may have to save up. Do you have any feelings on the quality if I should say find one on Craigs list or ebay, would it be worth it to get used or just save and maybe get new.

And most of all Congrats on handling the back pain in a constructive way. :thumbs:

Yeah, absolutely keep your eye open for a used Versaclimber, Even the least expensive model, the quality is excellent. The reason you never saw anyone use the Versa at Golds is that they are such an ass kicker, it embarrasses most people. The USA Olympic wrestling team, a lot our Special Ops guys and MMA guys use the VC as a primary training tool. I bought the basic model used at Play It Again Sports for around $450. After six months, I was so convinced this was best all around training tool I've ever used, I bought a commercial model, all the gadgets, from Versaclimber for about $3k as I recollect, and it was the best $3k I've ever spent. I see them on Ebay occasionally. I'll never be without one.

I'm going to steal this idea from JennyB. :ohyeah:

But of course some days it's going to be total BS other's will be serious, let's see who figures what out. :roflmao:

Favorite Part of Training - Conquering my fear of killing my back and I'd slip back into misery and hate
Pain in the Ass of the Day - the pain of getting off the toilet with my quads destroyed from Leg day on Wed.

[FONT=&quot]Nutrition? [/FONT]

Deal of the Day - Almost out of protein bars so I can make shakes again
Cheat of the Day - Big western six Dollar Burger
Victory of the Day - Realizing how much the gym makes my whole life better!! Well that and walking up the stairs, and well barbell shrugs to.
Favorite Food of the Day - Big western six Dollar Burger
Least Favorite Food of the Day - Detour low carb protein bar (I'm soooo tired of these but not going to waste)

Diet Tip of the Day - Just do it and stop asking questions.
Quote of the day - Isn???t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do ???practice???? - George Carlin

Monday 7/26/2010
Chest and Bicep

A - Incline Dumbbell - 55 x 10, 10, 8, 7, 7 Total of : 42

A - Seated Dumbbell Curls - 30 x 10, 10, 8, 6, 6 Total of : 40

B - Hammer Flat Bench - 2x190, 2x190, 3x170, 5x150, 5x150
B - Standing DB Curl - 3x35, 3x35, 4x30, 5x30

C - Decline Hammer - 170x 10, 8, 7, 7, 6, 6 Total of : 44
C - Preacher EZ - 50x 10, 10, 7, 7, 6, 6 Total of : 46

Next weeks's setup:
A - Incline Dumbbell - 60's
A - Seated Dumbbell Curls - 35's

B - Hammer Flat Bench - 190