IronMagLabs

Artificial Sweeteners

Rep Points

Artificial Sweeteners

For whatever reason, artificial sweeteners upset my stomach, and give me a headache, I generally know when a food contains it pretty quickly even if I don't taste it. The two main ones I've run into are aspartame (usually the taste is obvious right away) and sucralose (not as obvious a taste but I feel it pretty soon after), xilotol doesn't seem to cause an issue though it may just be that I've only run into it in gum which is such a small dose compared to a drink... I've long held the belief that eating real sugar is generally a healthier choice than using any of the common artificial sweeteners with the possible exception of diabetics...

So I am curious if anyone has a similar reaction to artificial sweeteners (the headache or upset stomach/slight nausea) and has tried a wider variety of things, the most recent one I came across is stevia, it seems like if I want to avoid the things I know I don't like in protein powder, it might be necessary to go that way, or try to find something that contains no sweeteners, or actual sugar.

I have 5 lbs of EAS vanilla which is pretty tasty and I expect to finish it off, but I am definitely going to try to find something without sucralose or aspartame when this is gone.

Also, here's a general rant about why I hate shopping for any kind of supplement, the BS FACTOR IS RIDICULOUS! Just below my post here is an ad stating that *CHEMISTS* have developed a new *NATURAL* supplement.... WTF... I hate the supplements industry.
    Last edited by DanK; 05-21-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: RANTZILLA!!! RAWR

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

check out products that are sweetened with Stevia such as our Whey Protein Isolate: Whey Protein Isolate - 100% Pure

Stevia is an all natural herb.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

All natural does NOT mean it's safe... Arsenic is also all natural just for example. I have already looked at that particular product, I'm not really sold on the idea that an isolate is what I need (I don't think it's necessarily a good value for the money). From what I've read stevia is likely to be the sweetener in whatever I buy next, unless I find some plain bland stuff (and mix into something else to make it tolerable tasting).