Originally posted by Yanick
Well this thread is addressed to the Doctor of Pain, because he knows tons about herbal medicines and all that tree hugging BS....just joking around doc
, i'm actually trying to learn about all that as well.
Anyway, i would normally go research this and take my time, however i don't have time for all that because of severe
time restrictions. I wake up at 5:30, go to school, then at 11:00 go to work until 5:30, then go home and eat get to the gym around 6:30 get home around 8:00, then i have to eat and do my homework, so getting sleep is going to be a huge
problem this year.
So i figure i can get to sleep at about 10:00 give or take an hour or so. 10:00-5:30 is 7.5 hours, but from experimentation i find that i'm pretty much dead tired unless i get 9+ hours of sleep.
Anyway, seeing as i can't increase the quantity of sleep i get, i'm going to have to increase the quality of sleep. I have a few questions about herbal calmatives.
I thought of taking ZMA before, but i found that it is a bit too expensive for me (just bought a car, have to pay insurance, buy gas etc its a real bitch). I can get Valerian Root for a pretty cheap price but it doesn't seem to help me too much.
1. I remember you giving some examples of herbal calmatives but i can't seem to find that post. The only ones that come to mind are aloe and Valerian Root.
also see, hops, passion flower, skullcap, kava kava (has warnings now), chamomille, and non-herbally GABA
2. I know the dosage for the VR is something around 1.5g but will taking more be any effective? Side effects?
most report grogginess, difficulty waking, there are "standardized" forms that are stronger in smaller doses
3. Do you build a tolerance to any herbal calmatives? This is my biggest concern seeing as i will be using these for the long-term (5 days/week, on Sat/Sun i can sleep in).
most don't, but they become a crutch......something of a psycological dependance
4. The most effective hebal calmative you can think of? Preferrably one that i would be able to find in a Health Food Store. I don't have many of those alternative medicine (herbal) shops around only stores like GNC/Vitamin Shoppe and some Russian health food store which i go to, it seems a little more concerned with overall health via herbs so i can probably check over there.
Nature's Herbs.."Valerian Combo" or Nature's Way..."Silent Night" or Standardized Valerian
5. I had more questions but i forgot them seeing as i'm sick (don't know from where, weather was beautiful and i took a week off), and tired, waking up before it is light outside sucks!
I'll post them up here if i think if any.