• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Working each body part twice a week...

miamiguns

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
is this possible without risking injury or burning out?

If someone does this please post your routine so I can try it.

Thanks!

Why would you want to do it anyway? Once a week allows the muscles plenty of time to heal. Unless you're gonna juice I wouldn't do it.

mon.-chest/back
tuesday.-arms/shoulders/abs
wed.-legs/lowerback
thursday-chest back/abs
fri.-arms/shoulders
sat.- legs/lowerack/abs

or u can try this one

day1.-chest/back/biceps
day2-shoulders/tris
day3legs/abs
day4 rest
day5 rest/abs
day6chest/back/biceps
day7shoulders/tris/legs

do it for a little bit more than a month then do each body part once a week then after a month start this one again that way u dont burn out.......at least thats what i do....

Originally posted by miamiguns

Depends how you go about your training.

And it also depends how long you do it for.

Originally posted by Golds_Soldier

day1.-chest/back/biceps
day2-shoulders/tris
day3legs/abs
day4 rest
day5 rest/abs
day6chest/back/biceps
day7shoulders/tris/legs

do it for a little bit more than a month then do each body part once a week then after a month start this one again that way u dont burn out.......at least thats what i do....

I need to reach my cardio goal first then I'll give this routine a try. I'll start with 2 weeks double 2 weeks single. Thanks.

I used to do it when I was younger:

Day 1: Chest, tri's & shoulders
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Back, bi's & traps
Day 4: off
Day 5: Chest, tri's & shoulders
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Back, bi's & traps
Day 8: off
Day 9: Repeat

there's no way I would do it now.

I used to do complete workouts 3x a week, which is pretty time consuming and hard on you and the schedule, but I grew like mad, I was also a bit younger at the time. The info was in a book with Leo Costa and Tom Platz, I was putting on about 1/4" on my arms per week for a couple months, after awhile it just wore me out, motivation dwindled, pussied out, whatever you want to call it.

mon.-chest/back
tuesday.-arms/shoulders/abs
wed.-legs/lowerback
thursday-chest back/abs
fri.-arms/shoulders
sat.- legs/lowerack/abs

Im doing that exact routine right now.....
only difference is I do abs monday, wednesdays, fridays.
45min-1hr a day, 6 days a week.

Seems to be working so far, so far im exceeding my previous
weeks weights and reps. Dont know how long that will last though, cant go on forever if you know what I mean.

I did it for a short period of time and had some great results from it. (I had a little help)

When I went through the first rotation, I did the standard 10 reps, 3 to 4 sets depending on body part, But when I hit it the second time in the same week, I increased repetitions to almost 18 to 20.

But the negative I got from that was fatigue and lack of muscle growth after awhile! However, I was hard as hell! (not their either!!! :lol:)

Where in Miaimi are you??

IM only doing 6 sets per body part, and only doing 5-7 reps with weights till failure. Im seeing awsome results.

IML Gear Cream!
It is certainly is tough but if you can get truly motivated, then keep it up!

A lot of people scoff but when the other trainers saw my fast results, they all said, "damn!" and took notes! :lol:

Last edited:
I see no problem with it as long as you keep your sets down to like 3 for core exercises and 2 sets for bi's / tri's etc...

Anythings worth a try, just make sure your not working a muscle thats still sore from the last workout, take at least one day off ever 2-3 days, get plent of rest and eat like a pig.

like the others, I use to work out each muscle 2-3 times a week which worked great to start with but then I kept getting sick and wasn't really growing anymore so now I'm doing each muscle once a week.

In my opinion this will surely lead to overtraining and veruse injuries if you're training at a high intensity.

Think about training smart which generally means less is more if you know what I mean. Muscles don't grow in the gym...they grow when you rest!

Originally posted by Fit Freak
In my opinion this will surely lead to overtraining and veruse injuries if you're training at a high intensity.

Think about training smart which generally means less is more if you know what I mean. Muscles don't grow in the gym...they grow when you rest!

could you tell me the difference between hitting a mucle (say chest) 6 reps once a week or hitting chest twice a week (monday/thursday) with only 3 sets a day. I think each way is training smart. For me, splitting the routine up has helped me a lot in gaining mass and strength.

Originally posted by miamiguns

If someone does this please post your routine so I can try it.

Thanks!

First off this might sound stupid But what is it that you want to do....

Well I started to keep a journal of my own you can take a look at it and see if it is up to your liking.... and try it if you dare...

But this works for me... I am in a bulking phase

My thread is called newgoal in the online journals portion of the forum and my name is greekgod718

Actually, if you do your Chest (for example) the first time during the week) such as,

3 sets - 1 warm up/2 set heavy and follow this.
The second time you hit chest in that same week, increase repetitions (as Fit Freak was saying) This may be beneficial.

The rest factor is of high consideration because the body does need rest and time to repair. But as Fade was saying, those who elect the AS will most likely benefit a lot more. And of course, I don't recommend in any shape or form, AS.

It certainly is short term usage for this type of routine, and again, it would have to be based on what your goals are.

Don't knock it until you try it, but again, you have to have the diet IN CHECK otherwise your just going to waste your time.

Originally posted by Mudge
Don't knock it until you try it, but again, you have to have the diet IN CHECK otherwise your just going to waste your time.

Aaah yes, let's also not forget strict dieting!!!

Reminds me of this chick who thinks because she's taking growth, she can eat whatever! $550 for the damn kit literally gone to hell.

Oh yeah, and further to boot, she didn't work out either as much!

Geeze... Well, if your going to kick your ass 3 times as hard as most, better have tons of protein. If I were to try my "old" Platz/Costa program I'd go for 2g per pound minimum, maybe I will try it again sometime as a buster.

Back