• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ben Johnson claiming he was set up

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ben Johnson claiming he was set up

Ben Johnson, who was stripped of his 100-meter Olympic gold medal in 1988 for testing positive for steroids, is now saying in a new book, Seoul to Soul, that he was a victim of sabotage.

Johnson, who has previously admitted to taking banned substances, is now saying " it's been 22 years that I tested positive in 1988, and it has come to pass that I was sabotaged, put it that way," Johnson told reporters.

However, he would not provide any more information.

"There's more coming out, there's more that I could say, but I can't elaborate too much ... I can't say too much right now, because I've been advised by my manager that I can't say too much about the book."

YouTube Video

What a tool!
First he admits to it, and then over 20 years later says he was set up.

He's lying to sell his back and make some money. Rather obvious.

He has maintained over the years that what they detected and what he was taking were not the same. He has claimed that he was using stanozolol but switched to furazabol b/cc stanozolol made him tight. In fact he pulled a hamstring on stanozolol. So it might make sense that he was set up to be taking stan when that was the rumor since he tested positive for the substance but was on another.

He has maintained over the years that what they detected and what he was taking were not the same. He has claimed that he was using stanozolol but switched to furazabol b/cc stanozolol made him tight. In fact he pulled a hamstring on stanozolol. So it might make sense that he was set up to be taking stan when that was the rumor since he tested positive for the substance but was on another.

Does it matter? He was taking it and then switched to something else. Either way, he was still taking something.

i ran the 800m @ a junior college and I sucked ass

1:57 seconds was my best time.

I wish I knew about steroids. I could have clocked a 151 at least

Does it matter? He was taking it and then switched to something else. Either way, he was still taking something.

If it's true it matters b/c it means that the IOC really is corrupted. Probably nearly 100% of track and field athletes take something. If that is so then anyone can be DQed at any time.

Ugh, He's already embarrassed the country once, I guess he feels like another round is in order.

If it's true it matters b/c it means that the IOC really is corrupted. Probably nearly 100% of track and field athletes take something. If that is so then anyone can be DQed at any time.

This.

I served five years in the U.S. military and received my honorable discharge, but I saw many drummed out of the service on drug charges. Was always suspicious of those urinalysis tests. Often enough they'd have all personnel pee in a cup and then there'd be the one or two who would exit the service over a "failed" test.

Who's to say the urine was even tested? The Navy could have easily predetermined who they wanted gone. I served in a collateral capacity in personnel and saw enough shady treatment of the enlisted members.

Ugh, He's already embarrassed the country once, I guess he feels like another round is in order.

Disagree with this statement. Johnson did exactly what his country wanted him to do. Win.

And Marion Jones is in the same category in my book. She won gold medals, brought praise to the U.S. through her achievements on the track, and then was unceremoniously dumped in popular opinion for doing what 99% (a guess, of course) of her competitors had done as well.

I call bullshit.

IML Gear Cream!
Disagree with this statement. Johnson did exactly what his country wanted him to do. Win.

Not exactly what I was going after. I know that the rest of the guys in the race tested positive at one point or another. I'm saying he was an embarrasment for his actions afterwards. He basically went on to say that Canada forced him to take steroids, what a little bitch. I don't recall paying tax dollars to stick a pin in his ass, he's a pussy who refuses to take responsibility for his own actions, and what he's doing now just proves it more.

This.

I served five years in the U.S. military and received my honorable discharge, but I saw many drummed out of the service on drug charges. Was always suspicious of those urinalysis tests. Often enough they'd have all personnel pee in a cup and then there'd be the one or two who would exit the service over a "failed" test.

Who's to say the urine was even tested? The Navy could have easily predetermined who they wanted gone. I served in a collateral capacity in personnel and saw enough shady treatment of the enlisted members.
Great post Curt!

It is dangerous to blindly assume our government is right, we paint ourselves as being so pristine. When Washington, the CIA, NSA, and other secret avenues are doing there own thing.

I believe every guy in the 1988 100m dash was using banned substances so I feel for Ben Johnson, however him crying about it now just makes him look like a tool.

Back