25% Off Black Friday Sale

New state, new home, new job, new life!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

New state, new home, new job, new life!

At one time, not that long ago, I was a beast. Now I am a saggy man boobed pile of shit, but my mind is finally right again. I weigh 265lbs. My cardiovascular system is shot to hell. I have been smoking two packs of cigarettes a day, drinking at the pub after work with friends 3 to 5 days a week, and eating total dogshit for the past 2 years.

Well, here I am looking around at my life, now. Things a getting better and better every day. Hard work is paying off, but if I don't get healthy again, I am not going to live long enough to enjoy it.

I have been eating clean and avoiding alcohol, tobacco, and drugs for 4 days now. This has been no easy task. I am alone in a place where I know no one, and the only thing keeping me going is will power. My goal is to make friends that are in line with the habits I want to have, and avoid the type of people that are a bad influence. I guess the best part about starting a new life is you get to lay the foundation.

Well here goes the first brick.

Rep Points

Good for you-keep working towards your goals. It takes a lot of guts to turn your life around like that.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good luck mate, keep us all updated with how its going.
    All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/on...journal-4.html

Rep Points

Good luck, sounds like we both are getting back into it. I let myself waste away for almost 6 yrs before just lately deciding to suck it up and get my ass in gear.

New places are hard but stick with it and enjoy this chance to create a new you.

Rep Points

Good luck Kelju. you deserve some good omen in your life dude. have fun starting a hospitals IT infrastructure. that is a daunting task you have there. getting hospitals to move away from paper is on par with fixing problems in the middle east in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Well here goes the first brick.
    Best wishes and congratulations on the new job and all the rest!

I took a break from alcohol this year. Haven't had a drop and don't miss it especially. Cortisol somethingsomething.

Success to you, KelJu.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Congratulations! Indeed it is nice to settle on change and you have come to the right place for support as well, Superior Knowledge

BEST of SUCCESS!

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

you're a fucking hero for even making the decision to give all that stuff, man. Most people won't let themselves realize its even a problem, but not you!

You became a gym-monster before, and theres no doubt in mind you'll get there again. Your old journal was a great read and an inspiration to me when i was starting up with training so i'm looking forward to this one too
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

You have a brand new slate for yourself, take advantage! On the downside, it'll be a challenge to have EVERYTHING in your life change. Treat yourself right and enjoy the changes, don't stress over them. And congrats and good luck!

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good to have you back in journal land. Sounds like you've developed a great perspective on where you are at and want to go. Just keep moving in that direction man, just keep progressing little by little.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

TEAM AY

Rep Points

Absolute best of luck. About 12 years ago, I did the same thing. Moved to a new state, new girlfriend, new job, new life...

I know what that is like, and I know it took extreme balls for you to make those changes.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Congrats! Where did you move to?

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    Congrats! Where did you move to?
    About 30 minutes from New Orleans. The area is nice, and the people are so much cooler than Alabamians. It is easy to talk to people. The women situation is better over here, too. The women on average, are much more attractive.

Thanks for the support everyone. This is truly a one of a kind community. I'll start posting some stats once I get a program built and executed. Right now, I am going through some of the nastiest DOMS ever. I have been hitting the gym and jogging most days. My main goal first is to try and strengthen my cardiovascular system, before anything else. Weights are supplemental to the cardio.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

and how are you today? sounds like a great location and a great attitude.

you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    and how are you today? sounds like a great location and a great attitude.
    Doing great other than I am in severe pain. The DOMS is really set in now in every muscle in my body. Yesterday, it stopped raining for a bit, so I went for a jog. It started raining again, so I took a shortcut back and got lost. I ended up running off and on for about an hour trying to find my way back home in the rain. Stupid move on my part, but one hell of a workout.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Doing great other than I am in severe pain. The DOMS is really set in now in every muscle in my body. Yesterday, it stopped raining for a bit, so I went for a jog. It started raining again, so I took a shortcut back and got lost. I ended up running off and on for about an hour trying to find my way back home in the rain. Stupid move on my part, but one hell of a workout.
    Nothing like getting lost, sometimes it is more a liberation than a hassle.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Just got back from a run. I am easily running farther and farther everyday. My cardiovascular recovery is much faster also. I can run at a nice pace until I completely give out, walk for a about 2 minutes, and then jug full pace again.

My heart is feeling better. I never mentioned to anyone, but I was getting some pretty nasty chest pains a few months ago, and I had a nasty smokers cough that wouldn't go away. Seems both have cleared up in only 2 weeks of intense training.

My body is starting to get to the point where it can handle the training, so I think I'll start recording numbers tomorrow. I have already lost 5lbs. The weight is melting off, while at the same time that my endurance and strength is increasing.

Rep Points

Congrats, sounds like your progressing fast.

Glad to hear your cough and lung capacity came back.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thanks dude. Those Newports will fucking kill ya, and I was smoking 2 packs a day, and knocking back at least 20 pints of Killian's Irish Red a week, sometimes more.

Rep Points

Just got back from a run. I am easily running farther and farther everyday. My cardiovascular recovery is much faster also. I can run at a nice pace until I completely give out, walk for a about 2 minutes, and then jug full pace again.

My heart is feeling better. I never mentioned to anyone, but I was getting some pretty nasty chest pains a few months ago, and I had a nasty smokers cough that wouldn't go away. Seems both have cleared up in only 2 weeks of intense training.

My body is starting to get to the point where it can handle the training, so I think I'll start recording numbers tomorrow. I have already lost 5lbs. The weight is melting off, while at the same time that my endurance and strength is increasing.
    way to go dude. seriously, good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    Sheep get their news from the media, I get my news from Facebook. That's where the real unbiased news is found. any everyone from IM that is friends with me on FB knows this.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You're doing it man, you're moving.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Thumbs up

thats great i wish you the very sincerely the best at your goals bro. keep plugging away and you will succeed at anything. peace . imo

all information given is fictional and only for entertainment purposes only. it is legal to use performance enhancement medications where i live. please seek medical advice before using any performance drug, and only if its legal in your country.

Rep Points

Welcome back to the war zone... lol Man, that's alot of guts to give up that much just cold turkey.. wow.. You've been here before, and you'll be up to speed before you know it, we'll keep you going..

Rep Points

Thanks dude. Those Newports will fucking kill ya, and I was smoking 2 packs a day, and knocking back at least 20 pints of Killian's Irish Red a week, sometimes more.
    I havne't had a Killians Irish Red since college. Didn't even know they still made it.

But enough reliving my youth, congrats on the self control to get all that cleaned up.

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

Keep it up, man.

Will you be posting some work outs in here eventually?
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by soxmuscle View Post
    Keep it up, man.

Will you be posting some work outs in here eventually?
    Yes, Once I have gotten settled in. The first two weeks was primarily just getting the soreness out, and cardio to get me ready for intense lifting.
    Tomorrow is my first day of my routine. I will start posting workouts then.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thursday - 06/08/2010
    Push Day

Body Weight: 257lbs

Flat Bench Press Press: (3m RI)
    Set 1: 135 x 8
    Set 2: 185 x 8
    Set 3: 195 x 8
    Set 4: 195 x 6

Standing Barbell Military Press: (3m RI)
    Set 1: 65 x 8
    Set 2: 75 x 8
    Set 3: 95 x 8
    Set 4: 95 x 5

Dips: (2m RI)
    Set 1: BW x 6
    Set 2: BW x 6
    Set 3: BW x 6

Single Arm Cable Tricep Extensions: (2m RI)
    Set 1: 25 x 8
    Set 2: 25 x 8

15 minutes of forearm work: wrist rolls, reverse wrist rolls, behind the back wrist rolls.

15 minute jog.

Excellent training day. I am weaker than dog shit, but that will pass with time. I am extremely satisfied with my conditioning improvements. It is no lie or exaggeration when I say I could run 30 feet without breathing hard 2 weeks ago. Weight loss is slow, because I am keeping my calories high enough to keep my conditioning improving. I suspect that I will condition for another 2 weeks, then I will lower the calories to start the weight loss. I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks without even trying.

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Well you may be weaker than dog shit, but I think you will be benching more than me shortly with those numbers.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Yeah, bench still looks damn good, man! Great workout overall!

It'll be interesting to see what improves the quickest. Muscle memory and all that.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

Strong push muscles, man.

Haha, well said, fufu/gaz. With muscle memory, et al, there is no doubt the ju will be putting us to shame a month from now.
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast