Divine Nutrition

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Schick Hydro 5 Razor

Weapon of Choice
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Schick Hydro 5 Razor

Holy crap, this one is a winner! Now, as a little background, I have a terrible face for shaving....sensitive skin, thick beard, ingrown hairs, etc, you name it. I have previously determined that I can only shave with the grain, or else my face turns into Google Maps. I have used every disposable razor that has come out from Gillette and Schick, and a few electric razors as well. Same thing always happens, I get one or two decent shaves with a new cartridge, then everything just tails off, like my face just destroys the razor blades and they aren't sharp anymore and shaves my face like shit.

Well....I figured what the hell and picked up the Hydro 5. Let me just tell you, it has been the most pleasant shaving experience of my life. without going into too much detail, basically I am able to shave AGAINST the grain with this razor, and I do not get ingrown hair or razor bumps! I don't know what it is with this razor, but it just glides and shaves better than anything I've ever used. And as an added bonus, I am still using my original blade, after roughly 10 shaves with it, unheard of with my face and gillette razors. after my first shave with it, I was so pleased, I went out and bought like 8 replacement cartridges for it, and I still haven't opened them yet.

So, if you have a crappy time shaving like I (used) to, give this razor a try, it has really worked wonders for my face.

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Hmm. I cant see how a blade helps with ingrown hairs. Thats my problem. I have always shaved against the grain since seeing a dermatologist about it. Unless little organisms come with the blade and jump off to point the newly cut hair in the correct position to grow back out, I cant see how it would work.

Keep us posted in the next few weeks.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

Weapon of Choice
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i don't know how it works either, and obviously my experience is anecdotal, but it's working for me, and I guess it could work for others with the same problem.

Rep Points

Same boat as you man. I have more hair than an ape and super sensitive skin. I have since used just coconut oil for my shaving cream but kept with the mach 3. I also shave with the hair, down on the face up on the neck. This minimizes irritation even on days when I "HAVE" to shave back to back.(I need to shave twice a day for an always clean look, but Im a student so i dont HAVE to shave).
    Please do not PM me with questions, I will not PM you back.