• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Incline press v corner press

davegmb

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
On my push day, usually do:

BB bench press
Corner press
Incline BB bench press
Military press or overhead DB press
Dips or overhead rope extension

However, i feel like this is too much, by the time i get to the fourth excercise im destroyed. Thinking of dropping the Incline BB bench press as people say you cant isolate the upper part of the chest anyway and i can feel my chest working when doing the corner press anyway which is a move a really like and would be reluctant to lose, although i know its primarily a shoulder movement.
Does this sound okay to eveyone else, or would i not be hitting the chest enough? Or would you just swap flat and incline bench press from week to week?

You could always sub the corner press in for the incline press and visa versa every several weeks.

You could always sub the corner press in for the incline press and visa versa every several weeks.

So you agree that the corner and incline press are probably hitting the same area? so no need for both on same day?

On my push day, usually do:

BB bench press
Corner press
Incline BB bench press
Military press or overhead DB press
Dips or overhead rope extension

However, i feel like this is too much, by the time i get to the fourth excercise im destroyed. Thinking of dropping the Incline BB bench press as people say you cant isolate the upper part of the chest anyway and i can feel my chest working when doing the corner press anyway which is a move a really like and would be reluctant to lose, although i know its primarily a shoulder movement.
Does this sound okay to eveyone else, or would i not be hitting the chest enough? Or would you just swap flat and incline bench press from week to week?

So you agree that the corner and incline press are probably hitting the same area? so no need for both on same day?

Generally speaking, yes. Although it does depend on how you articulate your body. The more upright you are on the corner press, the more tension through the pectoral muscles. I do think the corner press is more a shoulder exercise than chest, but like I said they are fairly similar. If you are really concerned, make sure you stand more upright like I mentioned.

I don't think you need to do both on the same day. Especially due to the pressing exercises following the incline bench/corner press

Personally, I like to keep it simpler and do upper push and pull on the same day. While I push, my pull muscles recover, and visa versa. It makes for a more balanced workout IMO. There are so many viable possibilities though.

Back