• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What are some challenging life questions to ask people?

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm not talking about brain teasers, riddles or math problems. I'm talking about questions that make people think...like there is no right or wrong answer.

Example: Which is worse. Ignorance or apathy?

Think about that one for a second.

List more if you have any and give a reason why it's challenging.

Ignorance is the condition of not knowing, easily remedied...it's our base condition throughout life.....

Apathy is knowing but not giving a flying motherfuck....inexcusable when you get down to it...usually it's so embedded in the ego it takes a lot more to fix it....you have to delve deep into the super ego to bring about change////

To be or not to be....existing nothing but existing... but should I live today?

On the subject of apathy/cynicism, Conan said it well (about 3:25 in):

YouTube Video

Challenging question: Are you where you want to be in life? If not, are you working to get there?

A buddy has one of these he busts out whenever we are drinking. Its easy to answer at first, then almost invariably people change their answers after a few hours of thinking.

Which would change your life more? Finding out 100% that God existed, or finding out 100% that he did not?

How about placing individualism before mindless conformity. Rejecting established societal norms can be costly, but for many, a necessity for happiness. Seems to me we are becoming less and less able to think for ourselves.

What if C-A-T really spelled dog?

IML Gear Cream!
Is a reach-around an acceptable trade-off?

The chicken or the egg....

For me it's eggs for breakfast and chicken for lunch or dinner...But who knows which I had for the first time as a child...

Debate questions that are open ended in-which an argument could be made for both sides.

For instance, is advertising completely ethical?

On my resume, I talk about all of my strengths while completely leaving out the fact that I have trouble prioritizing work/school ahead of hobbies like working out and sports, or that I drink too much on the weekends...

The same thing goes for advertising. Skechers came out with the shape-ups that have since become a national hit. They say that the shoe will help tone your legs, but what they forget to say is that the shoe is overpriced, doesn't work as good as they indicate in their advertising, and that there are far superior methods to toning your legs.

As employers do with our resumes, consumers need to do with the products they're intrigued by.

Advertising isn't completely ethical, and exercise products (supplements included) are a testament to that. However, in a capitalist society, "don't hate the player (advertisers), hate the game (democracy)."

I regress. Search hot debate topics and that inhibit critical thinking.

what do you shit out when you eat shit?

Interesting post soxmuscle. Reminds me of that old quote-Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others. People buy into things as if they are the gospel truth, when in fact there is some form of deception in most everything, including marketing and politics (and job hunting).

How about placing individualism before mindless conformity. Rejecting established societal norms can be costly, but for many, a necessity for happiness. Seems to me we are becoming less and less able to think for ourselves.

Swimming against the current isn't easy. Sometimes it makes sense to find a new river that flows in the direction you want, but that means a separation from society.

People naturally like the easy way, the path of least resistance, it is purely mammalian. Now that instinct has really taken control in a world of instant gratification.

It is rare that people will take advantage of their individual consciousness and impose their own will on the world. What makes things bad is that the people that do eventually do that, just end up manipulating a mass of others to do what they want.

Well, it's just human nature I suppose, it isn't necessarily "bad", because how can nature be bad?

A buddy has one of these he busts out whenever we are drinking. Its easy to answer at first, then almost invariably people change their answers after a few hours of thinking.

Which would change your life more? Finding out 100% that God existed, or finding out 100% that he did not?

That's easy. I know that there is no God so finding out 100% that he did not exist would have no effect on my life whatsoever.

Finding out that he did exist, would change everything.

I'm talking about questions that make people think...like there is no right answer.

my wife: do you like the red dress or the blue dress?

me: :jerkit: :owned::sorry:

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
what do you shit out when you eat shit?
Whatever the shit consisted of the first time it went in.....

That's how the replicators on Star Trek work....

you eat pussy?

How's it going?

does anyone ever answer that truthfully when asked at the grocery store, or in a retail store?

It's always "good" "fine" "alright". Is it ever, "fuckin shitty"?

'I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic:coffee:

Back