• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The best sporting nicknames thread

davegmb

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Thought id start a thread about those sports stars with the best nicknames, here a some of my favourites:

Evander 'The real deal' Holyfield. This man needs no introduction.

Noel 'Pig crusher' Cleal......australian rugby league player of the 1980's, so called because of his hobbie of chasing and wrestling pigs on his farm!!

Vince ' The wild bull of the pampus' Karalius.........english rugby league player of the 50's and 60's, was given the nickname by the australian players who came up against him.

Randy 'The Natural' Couture.............what a UFC legend

Edson Arantes do Nascimento......the man the world would eventually come to know as PELE. Pele was a school nickname he was given by a class mate and he hated it.

Roberto 'Hands of stone' Duran.......panamanian boxer, considered one of the greatest lightweights of all time.

Jake 'The raging bull' Lamotta.........another boxing great of italian american descent

Anyone else want to share their favourites?

The Croatian Sensation' Mirko Cro Cop ............great showing in ufc 115

Nikolai Valuev 'THE BEAST FROM THE EAST'..............Former heavyweight boxing world champion from russia who is 2.13m (7ft), enough said.

Last edited:
Gerd 'Der Bomber' Muller............all time great West German striker of the 1970's

Eusebio 'The black panther'.........up there with Pele when mentioning the worlds greatest ever soccer players, he represented portugal in the 1960's.

Diego 'Hand of God' Maradona............Argentinian soccer player some consider better then Pele and played during the 80's and 90's. Earned the nickname after a world cup game v england, Maradona scored a goal using his hand which the referee did not spot and argentina went on to win the game. When asked about his foul play after the game, Maradona did not deny it, just simply said "It was the hand of God".

Thought id start a thread about those sports stars with the best nicknames, here a some of my favourites:

Randy 'The Natural' Couture.............what a UFC legend

Jake 'The raging bull' Lamotta.........another boxing great of italian american descent

I never knew that about Pele.

Looking forward to seeing "The Expendables" with Couture in the cast.

And "The Raging Bull" is the only book I ever literally picked up and did not put down until I was finished reading it.

Amazon.com: Raging Bull: My Story (9780306808081): Jake La Motta, Joseph Carter, Peter Savage: Books

Anyone else want to share their favourites?

For nicknames...

Eldrick Tont "Tiger" Woods is an American professional golfer.

images

Joseph Henri Maurice "the Rocket" Richard was a Canadian professional ice hockey player.

images

I never knew that about Pele.

Looking forward to seeing "The Expendables" with Couture in the cast.

And "The Raging Bull" is the only book I ever literally picked up and did not put down until I was finished reading it.

Amazon.com: Raging Bull: My Story (9780306808081): Jake La Motta, Joseph Carter, Peter Savage: Books

For nicknames...

Eldrick Tont "Tiger" Woods is an American professional golfer.

images

Joseph Henri Maurice "the Rocket" Richard was a Canadian professional ice hockey player.

images

Never read the book, but own the dvd of raging bull and its one of my favourites. No way........ i had no idea that 'Tiger' wasnt his real name haha feel stupid now!

Walter Payton-"sweetness"
Muhammad Ali-"The Greatest"

How about "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler

"Babe" Ruth
Ted Williams-'The Splendid Splinter"
Lou Gehrig-"The Iron Man"
Larry"The Legend" Bird
"Sugar" Ray Robinson
"Joltin" Joe Dimaggio

Lebron "king" james- ..................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just noticed-I believe that Gehrig was The Iron Horse.

Michael "Air" Jordan

The Great One," Wayne Gretzky

Back