• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Christians please explain this!

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
why would have god and jesus allowed mother nature to do this? :hmmm:

6-story Jesus statue in Ohio struck by lightning

(AP) – 1 hour ago

MONROE, Ohio — A six-story-tall statue of Jesus Christ with his arms raised along a highway was struck by lightning in a thunderstorm Monday night and burned to the ground, police said.

The "King of Kings" statue, one of southwest Ohio's most familiar landmarks, had stood since 2004 at the evangelical Solid Rock Church along Interstate 75 in Monroe, just north of Cincinnati.

The lightning strike set the statue ablaze around 11:15 p.m., Monroe police dispatchers said.

The sculpture, 62 feet tall and 40 feet wide at the base, showed Jesus from the torso up and was nicknamed Touchdown Jesus because of the way the arms were raised, similar to a referee signaling a touchdown. It was made of plastic foam and fiberglass over a steel frame, which is all that remained early Tuesday.

The fire spread from the statue to an adjacent amphitheater but was confined to the attic area, and no one was injured, police Chief Mark Neu said. The fire department would release a monetary damage estimate Tuesday, he said.

Travelers on Interstate 75 often were startled to come upon the huge statue by the roadside, but many said America needs more symbols like it. So many people stopped at the church campus that church officials had to build a walkway to accommodate them.

The 4,000-member, nondenominational church was founded by former horse trader Lawrence Bishop and his wife. Bishop said in 2004 he was trying to help people, not impress them, with the statue. He said his wife proposed the Jesus figure as a beacon of hope and salvation, and they spent about $250,000 to finance it.

2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 Do not have any other gods before me.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

does that mean every church is sinning since they all have a crucifix?

Heres my thinking on this in all seriousness; they arent producing actual depictions of what God looks like in his image; they are merely painting/sculpting and drawing historical scenes out of the bible.
As for good ole Jesus getting a shock-purely coinkydink.

Jesus loves ya'll, just know that and everything willl be hunkey-dorey....ok ya'll peace out and God Speed!

Jesus loves ya'll, just know that and everything willl be hunkey-dorey....ok ya'll peace out and God Speed!

Oddly, there are pastors out there that preach only that.

it was tall and flammable.

IML Gear Cream!
Oddly, there are pastors out there that preach only that.
I know I was doing my Southern Baptist minister impersonation....

does that mean every church is sinning since they all have a crucifix?

You are probably thinking of the Catholics (my upbringing), I'd venture that its somewhat on the side of wrong yes. There are over 2500 variations of Christianity in existence, even the Mormons split off - does religion have politics? Fuck yes it does. Does it have corruption? For over a thousand fuckin years mate!

Yes its all a shithole of a fucking mess. Live a good life, be a decent person, if you don't need to read a book to do that I'd like to believe you're ok.

Satan is fighting back.
According to Revelations he wins in the end and God has to call a retreat back to heaven dragging the few bearable souls along.....leaving the rest of us here on Earth to suffer....I'd rather stay here and try to win back at least the "upper crust". I mean just because you are a soul damned to hell doesn't mean you can't still reconcile your past....

Last edited:
Zeus got tired of Jesus getting all the press in the last thousand years and released one of his lightening bolts.

it was tall and flammable.

Don't you know that Jesus sacraficed himself again for others by taking the hit so as not to let the church get fried by the lightening bolt? I can't take credit for this one though, I actually heard someone on NPR paraphrasing a similar argument.

:thinking: well they wanted the statue to be a beacon and a beacon needs light... so many possibilities. maybe the guy that sold them the foam and fiberglass prayed for increased sales :shrug:

must every random act of lightning be explained? this entire thread has made me laugh. i love the explanations from both sides. keep it up.

Had it been a statue of the Virgin Mary, the natural Biblical association would suggest the prophecy of The Burning Bush

shut up dude! it's a sign! Shitstorm is a-brewin!

My money is on Satan. He has a bigger following than God and he didn't even have to have a wide spread propaganda book (bible) circulated all over the world to get his following.

Most people follow him and don't even know it. Here are the 9 satanic statements. Do you follow them? Do you believe in them. You may be a satanist and you don't even know it.

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
Nothing is to be gained by denying oneself pleasure. Religious calls for abstinence most often come from faiths that view the physical world and its pleasures as spiritually dangerous. Satanism is a world-affirming, not world-denying, religion. However, the encouragement of indulgence does not equate mindless submersion into pleasures. Sometimes refrain leads to heightened enjoyment later, in which case patience and discipline are encouraged. Finally, indulgence requires one to always be in control. If satisfying a desire becomes a compulsion (such as an addiction), then control has been surrendered to the object of desire, which is never encouraged.

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
Reality and existence is sacred, and the truth of that existence is to be honored and sought at all times, never to be sacrificed for a comforting lie or an unverified claim one cannot bother to investigate.

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
True knowledge takes work and strength. It is something one finds rather than what will be handed to you. Doubt everything and avoid dogma. Truth tells of how the world truly is, not of how we would like it to be. Be wary of shallow emotional wants, for they frequently can only be satisfied at the expense of truth.

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it [not] love wasted on ingrates!
There is nothing in Satanism that encourages wanton cruelty or unkindness. There is nothing productive in that, but it is also unproductive to waste your energy on people who will not appreciate or reciprocate it. Treating others as they treat you will form meaningful and productive bonds while letting parasites know that you will not waste your time with them.

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
Leaving wrongs unpunished merely encourages miscreants to continue preying on both yourself and others, and those who do not stand up for themselves end up being trampled. This is not, however, an encouragement for misbehavior. Becoming a bully in the name of vengeance is not only dishonest but it also invites others to bring vengeance upon yourself. The same goes for illegal actions of retribution: break the law and you become the miscreant that the law should come down on swiftly and harshly.

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible...!
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires! Real leaders are determined by their actions and accomplishments, not their titles, and real power and responsibility should be given to those who can wield it, not to those who simply demand it.

7. Satan represents man as just another animal...!
Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all! Elevating the human species as somehow innately superior to other animals is blatant self-deceit. Humanity is driven by the same natural urges that other animals experience. While our intellect has allowed us to accomplish truly great things (which should be appreciated), it can also be credited with incredible and wanton acts of cruelty throughout history.

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins...!
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification! In general, the concept of “sin” is something that breaks a moral or religious law, and Satanism is strictly against such following of dogma. When a Satanist avoids an action, it is because of concrete reasons, not simply because dogma dictates it or someone has judged it “bad”. In addition, when a Satanists realizes that he or she has committed an actual wrong, the correct response is to accept it, learn from it, and not do it again, rather than mentally beat himself or herself up for it or begging for forgiveness.

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had...!
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years! This last statement is largely a declaration against dogmatic and fear-based religion. If there were no temptations, if we did not have the natures that we do, if there was nothing to fear, then few people would submit themselves to the rules and abuses that have developed in other religions (specifically Christianity) over the centuries.

Last edited:
My money is on Satan. He has a bigger following than God and he didn't even have to have a wide spread propaganda book (bible) circulated all over the world to get his following.
Hell yeah Heaven is going to be a lonely boring place.....imagine all the sweet nice people you know and then imagine all the hard partying, cool people you know....who do you want to spend eternity with? Not that I believe in it but still, even in the afterlife I'd want some free will to have some fun....

Back