• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

High Carb low carb

Leslie

DOWNSIZING
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Has anyone ever heard of this diet concept?
Day 1 - 1P/lb , 1.5C/lb , .25F/lb
Day 2/3 - 1.5P/lb , .5C/lb , .25F/lb
Day 4 - 1P/lb , 2C/lb , .25F/lb

Plus ephedrine/asprin/caffiene stack

If so , what are your thoughts and comments? I have used this in the past and gotten some weight loss(though not nearly as much results I am gettign now with DPW8's plan's ;) ) but a friend of mind was trying to set up a diet to lose some body fat before December and I told him I'd ask for your feedback.

Last edited:
Leslie, it's called "Carb Cycling" and works somewhat for non IR people....those now in the minority (about 1 out of 5)

Using day 2 and 3.....you can see that a 100 pound person will only get 600 calories in protein and carbs, and 175 calories of fat....775 calories, when in reality we like to use 12-15 calories per pound depending on BF levels!

So there is a good chance this will lead to a compromised metabolism, LBM loss, and "Nowhere to go" calorically, on a tweak, once the body is acclimated to this plan!

BAD BAD BAD!

Leslie, you have written the diet down incorrectly...it should read as follows:

HI-LO CARB CYCLING Diet:

Day 1 - 1P/lb , 1.5C/lb , .25F/lb
Day 2/3 - 1.5P/lb , .5C/lb , .25F/lb
Day 4 - 1P/lb , 2C/lb , .25F/lb

As you can see you do not experience the down-shifts in metabolism as previously suggested since the calories on days 1 and 4 are close to 14-15 calories/lb and on the low carb days you are still consuming 12 calories/lb.

For reference to the diet and more detailed explanations see the "World Anabolic Review, 1996."

The only problem I have with the diet is the miniimal fat...ie. I think fat should increase on days 2/3 and also it is very plan-intensive. You cannot really stick to a basic day plan as you could doing 4 or so days of low carbs.

The concept of carb cycling is very similar to the diets I have used with success and often talk about on these boards. Though I agree w/ DP's comments when cals are too low.

Yes you are right Fit Freak, thanks for the correction. I haven't done in so long I forgot. That book is where we got it from too:)

DP~ I knew you wouldn't agree with this, but I figured I'd post anyway. I understand what you mean by "nowwhere to go" But doesn't this follow sort of the same concept as the Carb up plan? why is it better to carb up only on one meal as opposed to one day?

Originally posted by Fit Freak
Leslie, you have written the diet down incorrectly...it should read as follows:

I have edited my post;)

Originally posted by Leslie2196
Yes you are right Fit Freak, thanks for the correction. I haven't done in so long I forgot. That book is where we got it from too:)

DP~ I knew you wouldn't agree with this, but I figured I'd post anyway. I understand what you mean by "nowwhere to go" But doesn't this follow sort of the same concept as the Carb up plan? why is it better to carb up only on one meal as opposed to one day?

H E L L O! INSULIN RESISTANCE!

A constant inflow w/o regard to the type and nature of the carbohydrates will possibly surge insulin, stopping lipolysis (fat oxidation) cold for 3 or more hours. Do this frequently during the day...and there is no fat burning, merely catablism of LBM!

See carb-ups in the Nutrtional Section for an explanation of a zig-zag carb-up meal! :D

DP

Back