IronMagLabs


energy drinks

Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: energy drinks

  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    20514267

    energy drinks






    What is your guys and gals take on energy drinks?
    iv recently started drinking Low carb monster energy drinks mid afternoon at work

  2. #2
    ME4U2NV


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    66
    Rep Points
    6341225

    They will definitely get ya wired...........but the crash after sucks!! And they are generally packed full of sugar and caffeine.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    231
    Rep Points
    135787

    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
    Low carb monster energy drinks
    I know those- the ones in the blue... And I've enjoyed them - yeah they're good for a quick boost, but if you want more you have to go for thermogenics with ECA in them...

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
    What is your guys and gals take on energy drinks?
    iv recently started drinking Low carb monster energy drinks mid afternoon at work
    Magnesium + potassium + carbohydrates + aminos

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    10

    sugar free nos ftw

  6. #6
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    312878659

    I think energy drinks can be an unhealthy and expensive habit. Yet I still have an occasional low carb monster myself I just wouldn't make it a daily event if I were you.

  7. #7
    THE WAR PIG
    SUPER MODERATOR
    XYZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IM
    Posts
    5,442
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    You really need to be drinking a lot of water if you're drinking these produts as well. All of the vitamins and other stuff in them can cause dehydration as well as kidney overload.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    469
    Rep Points
    20514267

    i drink at least a gallon of water a day. i quit the coffee and drink a monster in the morning. and nothing but water the rest of day and night. once or twice a week i might drink oj

  9. #9
    Unstoppable Force
    ELITE MEMBER
    camarosuper6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,441
    Rep Points
    6268133

    They dont give much energy, but they do contribute quite a bit to gas and cavities.

    Yum.
    "Show me a beautiful woman, and I'll show you a guy tired of screwing her"

  10. #10
    THE WAR PIG
    SUPER MODERATOR
    XYZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IM
    Posts
    5,442
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
    i drink at least a gallon of water a day. i quit the coffee and drink a monster in the morning. and nothing but water the rest of day and night. once or twice a week i might drink oj

    Well, do some water and an ECA stack if you really need energy. You'll save a few bucks too.

  11. #11
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    312878659

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunder View Post
    Well, do some water and an ECA stack if you really need energy. You'll save a few bucks too.
    Really? An ECA stack is cheaper than an energy drink?

  12. #12
    Registered User
    jmorrison's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Points
    52603703

    Oh hell yes bro. I buy my ECA stack in 3 week quantities for less than 20 bucks. Thats 3 times a day.

  13. #13
    DRSE owns this shithole
    SUPER MODERATOR
    theCaptn''s Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    the 7 seas
    Posts
    20,688
    Rep Points
    2147392607

    they're a waste of fkg money.

    No Doz tabs + germanimine + yohimbine gets you more wired than Bruce Willis
    TheCaptn' is not a registered proctologist. His post are for his amusement only. Please seek proper medical advice if symptoms persist.


  14. #14
    THE WAR PIG
    SUPER MODERATOR
    XYZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IM
    Posts
    5,442
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by PushAndPull View Post
    Really? An ECA stack is cheaper than an energy drink?

    36 No Doze - Approx. $6
    60 Bronkaid - $8

    $14.00 total. Depending upon how often you want to use it it can last for over a month.

    I think the 12oz Red Bull is $3.50. Multiply that (1 a day for a month) and you're at $105.00 a month.

    ECA, better for you, works better and lasts longer.

  15. #15
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    312878659

    Actually you can buy a 24 pack of lo carb monster at costco for approx $30. Still though your ECA stack is definitely cheaper. I don't know if ephedrine sulfate has the same effect as ephedrine hcl since i've never taken it before, but if it is even half the strength of hcl then the sulfate is an amazing deal.

  16. #16
    Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER
    KelJu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In my imagination.
    Posts
    14,965
    Rep Points
    1106609942

    Quote Originally Posted by PushAndPull View Post
    Really? An ECA stack is cheaper than an energy drink?
    By far. Energy drinks are the biggest scam ever. People are so weird about pills, but you put half the ingredients of a pill into an over sized nasty ass drink, and they will pay 3 times as much for it.

  17. #17
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    312878659

    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    By far. Energy drinks are the biggest scam ever. People are so weird about pills, but you put half the ingredients of a pill into an over sized nasty ass drink, and they will pay 3 times as much for it.
    I agree an EC or ECA(i've never noticed a difference between the two) is going to last longer than any energy drink, and using the sulfate it's going to be way cheaper.

  18. #18
    THE WAR PIG
    SUPER MODERATOR
    XYZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IM
    Posts
    5,442
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by PushAndPull View Post
    Actually you can buy a 24 pack of lo carb monster at costco for approx $30. Still though your ECA stack is definitely cheaper. I don't know if ephedrine sulfate has the same effect as ephedrine hcl since i've never taken it before, but if it is even half the strength of hcl then the sulfate is an amazing deal.

    The sulfate will work just fine.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    jmorrison's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Points
    52603703

    Quote Originally Posted by PushAndPull View Post
    I agree an EC or ECA(i've never noticed a difference between the two) is going to last longer than any energy drink, and using the sulfate it's going to be way cheaper.
    I absolutely agree that personally I cant feel any sort of difference with the aspirin in or out.

    I still use HCL so I cant comment on the sulfate.

  20. #20
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    312878659

    Quote Originally Posted by jmorrison View Post
    I absolutely agree that personally I cant feel any sort of difference with the aspirin in or out.

    I still use HCL so I cant comment on the sulfate.
    You might wanna try the sulfate since it's so much cheaper. I least I haven't seen cheap HCL.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    jmorrison's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,628
    Rep Points
    52603703

    My primatene is about 9 bucks a box I think. Each box lasts me almost 2 weeks, so its not horrendous. I buy 2 boxes and a 96 tab Jet Fuel (caffeine) for about 20 bucks for roughly a months supply.

    Is the sulfate even cheaper than that?

  22. #22
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    312878659

    Quote Originally Posted by jmorrison View Post
    My primatene is about 9 bucks a box I think. Each box lasts me almost 2 weeks, so its not horrendous. I buy 2 boxes and a 96 tab Jet Fuel (caffeine) for about 20 bucks for roughly a months supply.

    Is the sulfate even cheaper than that?
    I don't think so. I would stay with the HCL.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    BigBadWolf's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    2950113

    I dont drink them often but when i do its usually Full throttle or Amp.

  24. #24
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    26
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunder View Post
    36 No Doze - Approx. $6
    60 Bronkaid - $8

    $14.00 total. Depending upon how often you want to use it it can last for over a month.

    I think the 12oz Red Bull is $3.50. Multiply that (1 a day for a month) and you're at $105.00 a month.

    ECA, better for you, works better and lasts longer.
    How many No Doze and Bronkaid do you take a day?

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,972
    Rep Points
    5918064

    standard ec stack is 25mg E 200mg C. two servings a day max.

  26. #26
    Goonie Goo Goo
    PushAndPull's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,172
    Rep Points
    312878659

    Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    standard ec stack is 25mg E 200mg C. two servings a day max.
    I think 25mg ephedrine 400mg caffeine works well also, just depends on your caffeine tolerance. I agree anything over 25mg of ephedrine doesn't feel good, at least it was always that way for me, and I took ephedrine for years.

  27. #27
    THE WAR PIG
    SUPER MODERATOR
    XYZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IM
    Posts
    5,442
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by NHess21 View Post
    How many No Doze and Bronkaid do you take a day?

    3 each a day, about 6 hours apart.

  28. #28
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    165129

    go with those 5 hour energy shots they do the job and no crash they kinda taste not super good but they do the jobe 3x better than a redbull

  29. #29
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    25868






    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
    What is your guys and gals take on energy drinks?
    iv recently started drinking Low carb monster energy drinks mid afternoon at work
    Today you can get these type of energy drink with protein in the market.....

Similar Threads

  1. energy drinks
    By jehoverall in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 12:12 AM
  2. Best energy drinks.
    By Double D in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 05:27 PM
  3. Energy Drinks - Yes or No?
    By katt in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 06:29 AM
  4. 16 oz Energy Drinks...
    By drew.haynes in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 07:50 PM
  5. Energy Drinks?
    By XcelKrush in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->