• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cheat meals when juicing

roastchicken

Go read the Clean thread!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
After a long cut i have begun another AAS cycle. Tears for Gears

The cut was not structured too much only to say it was low carb, no bread/pasta/potatoes/rice/sugars, loads of protein and fat,around about 2250cals/day. Every 7 days i would have a cheat meal where i would gorge myself on whatever i desired for 20mins or so for example cheesecake/donuts/cake etc..It was a successful diet i dropped 6% bf and my lbm increased.

Now i'm back on the juice my calories are up towards 4000/day and i'm definetely in positive energy balance. I have kept the eating habits from the cut and my intake of vegetables has increased. To say i'm eating clean is an understatement.

My question is physiologically is a cheat meal neccessary anymore or is it just a psychological thing to help me keep on the straight and narrow through the week?

It is a psychological thing.

If you deprive your body too long you'll start craving sweets and stuff. Having a cheat MEAL is okay. I wouldn't have an entire cheat DAY though..

I haven't had one peice of junk food for 19 months.
Not one chocolate or desert and not even a slice of birthday cake!

I only drink water or green tea too ( but do allow for a few beers on the weekends).

I crave sweets, I just won't eat it until I have achieved my goals.

-Useless post but I'm just trying to increase my posts so I can PM others :)

Last edited:
Besides the mental part of the cheat meal, I have read where eating a cheat meal or two can keep your body on its toes so to speak by and do not quote me on this, but by having bad foods it makes your body up the tempo on buring etc keeps the body guessing so to speak. Someone may be able to shed more light on this as I can not find the paper I read it on as yet.

Besides the mental part of the cheat meal, I have read where eating a cheat meal or two can keep your body on its toes so to speak by and do not quote me on this, but by having bad foods it makes your body up the tempo on buring etc keeps the body guessing so to speak. Someone may be able to shed more light on this as I can not find the paper I read it on as yet.

True. I used that method to break a plateu in fatloss as if you consume a low calorie diet everyday your body BMR will slow right down. It's good to zig-zag calories to trick you body and fire up the old metabolism.

That was my point lol you just said it alot better than me bro. Trying to do work and also sneak on here at the same time not a good combo haha.

MC Donald rule!

True. I used that method to break a plateu in fatloss as if you consume a low calorie diet everyday your body BMR will slow right down. It's good to zig-zag calories to trick you body and fire up the old metabolism.

Yes BTB also mentioned this.its a kind of metabolic trick. the high sugars jack your metabolism and kick it into a gear again, Metabolism slows from all the clean eating.

This was a method i was instructed to use by a Poliquin Biosignature Coach he explained the physiological details although i could not explain them myself.

My question still stands though because i am no longer on a 'low calorie' diet. I am in a positive energy balance and definitely bulking but the food is all clean. I am not craving these cheats in the same way i was when i was restricting calories but wondering whether i am benefiting from them or whether its just a habit i've fallen into that is no longer necessary.

ROAST

Yes BTB also mentioned this.its a kind of metabolic trick. the high sugars jack your metabolism and kick it into a gear again, Metabolism slows from all the clean eating.

This was a method i was instructed to use by a Poliquin Biosignature Coach he explained the physiological details although i could not explain them myself.

My question still stands though because i am no longer on a 'low calorie' diet. I am in a positive energy balance and definitely bulking but the food is all clean. I am not craving these cheats in the same way i was when i was restricting calories but wondering whether i am benefiting from them or whether its just a habit i've fallen into that is no longer necessary.

ROAST

I've never juiced but I have come across this question before somewhere and the answer was that there is absolutely no need for a cheat meal at all and it is only used for the phsycological benefits.
Basically you would be doing yourself a favour if you kept your diet clean but if your strict diet was going to cause you to indulge and send you of the rails you should plan a cheat meal to prevent you from over indulging on junk.

I agree. The occasional cheat meal is just kind of a release for me, even during a clean bulk. Seems to help me stay on track and not overdo it. Maybe once a week or 10 days or so. By the way-Bill Hicks was the greatest. Always went to see him whenever he made it to my area.

IML Gear Cream!
I haven't had one peice of junk food for 19 months.
Not one chocolate or desert and not even a slice of birthday cake!

I only drink water or green tea too ( but do allow for a few beers on the weekends).

I crave sweets, I just won't eat it until I have achieved my goals.

-Useless post but I'm just trying to increase my posts so I can PM others :)

ROFL, so that is why you were spamming the jokes. Makes sense at least.

After a long cut i have begun another AAS cycle. Tears for Gears

The cut was not structured too much only to say it was low carb, no bread/pasta/potatoes/rice/sugars, loads of protein and fat,around about 2250cals/day. Every 7 days i would have a cheat meal where i would gorge myself on whatever i desired for 20mins or so for example cheesecake/donuts/cake etc..It was a successful diet i dropped 6% bf and my lbm increased.

Now i'm back on the juice my calories are up towards 4000/day and i'm definetely in positive energy balance. I have kept the eating habits from the cut and my intake of vegetables has increased. To say i'm eating clean is an understatement.

My question is physiologically is a cheat meal neccessary anymore or is it just a psychological thing to help me keep on the straight and narrow through the week?

As long as you're at 90% clean the other 10% will not be a factor unless you're trying to get below 7-8%. So if you eat 5 times a day times 7 days a week that is 35 meals, you could have 3 "cheat" meals a week and still be fine.

You need a lot of starches to grow, cut down ao the veggies and up the oats, brown rice and such, you trying to get big? Eat big. Keep it clean and you won't have to worry about excess body fat IF you're training hard enough.

you fuckers need to familiarise yourselves with Lyle's work. He outlines why cheats are necessary, and it's no just psychological. You can cheat and keep it clean. For me cheating simply = carbs and a lot of them

. . and maybe some fatty meats . . like BBQ lamb chops or ribs . .hmmm . . ribs . .

Same as capt'n.

For me a cheat meal is something like a big plate of pasta with garlic bread and a coke......Fuck I feel like that right now! its nothing to bad but its not extra clean.

Back