• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

chest and shoulders and back and shoulders?

Fernando300

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
was wondering if doing monday chest and shoulders
then wednesday back and shoulders would be okay? or would this lead to overtraining?

Last edited:
Depends on the shoulder routine and how quickly you recover. Originally I was doing shoulders with chest and just from fatigue one was going to suffer after doing the other. I switched shoulders to leg day, try to take advantage of the growth hormones squats cause the body to produce. Just a recent change so any longterm data on it is still out being collected.

But deltoids being a relatively small muscle group they don't need to be hit often. Maybe once or twice a week depending on your split.

Depends on the shoulder routine and how quickly you recover. Originally I was doing shoulders with chest and just from fatigue one was going to suffer after doing the other. I switched shoulders to leg day, try to take advantage of the growth hormones squats cause the body to produce. Just a recent change so any longterm data on it is still out being collected.

But deltoids being a relatively small muscle group they don't need to be hit often. Maybe once or twice a week depending on your split.

thanks an yea your right i have to see how my recovery abilities are. i just did chest delts and traps yesterday feelin sore on my chest and i'll see how i feel 2morrow to do back delts and traps i guess.

There is no need to do direct shoulder workouts more than one day per week. If you have a good program set up, they will get hit enough.

There is no need to do direct shoulder workouts more than one day per week. If you have a good program set up, they will get hit enough.

ya I know, I abandoned this idea last nite. Turns out im just going to give shoulders its own day like I was already doing before.

my opinion only, but unless you got a few yrs training behind you 1 time a wk isnt enough unless your gear free. your shoulders wont hold the stress to keep it pumped up until your next shoulder day. i would say 4 yrs non- stop training before 1 time a week.

I'm not a fan of this much shoulder work unless you're geared up. A good back and shoulder workout is going to have you working your shoulder capsules quite a bit.

I do direct shoulder workouts about once a month. Maybe twice if I'm bulking.

my opinion only, but unless you got a few yrs training behind you 1 time a wk isnt enough unless your gear free. your shoulders wont hold the stress to keep it pumped up until your next shoulder day. i would say 4 yrs non- stop training before 1 time a week.

Well I'm 20 and been lifting weights since age 16.
so about 3-4 years give or take

Thers definatly no need to isolate shoulders twice a week... there a smal muscle group and not only that they are secondary in most lifts. They get smashed in your chest and your bak training. So train them on 1 of the days or train them sepratly which u stil run the risk of over training them. thers no need to train them and isolate them more than once a week unless your on juice u will just make them smaller. Less is more!!

How often you hit shoulders all depends on many factors: program, diet, genetics, fitness level etc. I you are trying to just tone up and limit your workout to high rep/light weight and rarely reach failure, then you would probably want to hit shoulders more than once a week. If you blast a muscle group going to failure during core and other lifts, then once a week is probably enough. There have only been two points in life when I could handle hitting my muscles hard twice a week. One was in college when I had two hours a day to spend in the gym for a few years and got in excellent shape naturally. I've also been able to do it again lately on a TRT dose of test. But my current workout isn't has hard because of time constraints. I don't have time to spend over an hour on one group in a day.

As for shoulders and pecs, those are two I would never combine. My anterior delt can't take that abuse. I have to put them as many days apart as I can. I usually combine pecs and tri's and shoulders have their own day.

Back