• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Back and Ready to Attack !!

JennyB

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Mission: WBFF 2011 Master Figure Pro Card

Competition Date: April 23rd 2011

Physique Goals

- Bigger mid delts (round those caps)
- Increase glutes (round, tight, and perky)
- Thicken abdominal plates (chicklet plates)
- Overall quad development (cut those wheels up)

Current Shoot/Competition Weight: 140lbs
Goal Shoot/Competition Weight: 144lbs

Training Approach
My approach will change throughout the next 39 weeks according to how my body is responding, my energy levels and my nutrition programs. Since the main focus is on my lower body and core development I will be training my legs and glutes twice a week with a variety of different programs and exercises. From experience my legs tend to respond very well to hitting them hard twice a week and therefore I will giver all I got! For the first 20 weeks I will be keeping cardio to a minimum so that I am able to pack on some size.
I prefer to stay no more than 8lbs out from competition/shoot weight year round and therefore supersetting and circuits will be a common theme throughout my programs in order to keep my body fat on the lower end of the scale (in conjuction with my diet of course).

Approach to "Dieting"
Yes I used the term "dieting" but I really dislike that word. I mean everyone has a diet, its just about what your diet consists of BUT the term has been given a negative rep over the past 30 years. Anyways. For the first 20 weeks (and perhaps beyond) I will be doing a carb cycling program. I have used this method before and it has worked very well. This year I did a modified cycling program with regular, carb load, and fat load days. This approach also worked well and I may go back to that approach for my last 20 weeks however at this point in time I will stick to the traditional carb cycling program.

Summary
In summary I am VERY excited to get back on stage next season after not being on stage since 2003! I am hoping to do a few photo shoots before the competition and to begin vlog's to record my journey. Thanks for all of your support and following in on my adventures. Enjoy !! :ohyeah:

I'll be following along. Looks like you have a good plan. The carb cycling will be interesting to watch. How many days are you lifting?

GOOD LUCK

I'll be following along. Looks like you have a good plan. The carb cycling will be interesting to watch. How many days are you lifting?

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for following Yellow! I think that the plan is pretty good too :) The carb cycling will be interesting to say the least but I am going to KISS method it as I prefer to eat alot of the same foods each day.

Here is my split :

Day One: Heavy Legs / Abs
Day Two: Chest / Back
Day Three: Arms / Sprints
Day Four: Circuit Legs / Abs
Day Five: Cardio / Core
Day Six: Shoulders / Abs
* I will be training 5 days a week and taking the two days off when and where I feel that its necessary

[FONT=&quot]Wednesday, July 14 2010 (39 weeks out) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Training[/FONT]

Pre-exhaust: Leg Extensions: 20x40lbs / 15x40lbs / 12x40lbs

Pre-exhaust: Single Leg Wall Sits: 1min / 1min / 1min

Wide n Deep Smith Squats: 10x20lbs / 8x70lbs / 8x90lbs / 6x90lbs

Stiff Leg BB Deadlifts: 10x90lbs / 7x100lbs / 6x100lbsx2

Glute Machine: 8x70lbsx4

Smith Plie Squat Pulses: 20x20lbsx4

Favorite Part of Training - Legs giving out when walking back to the changeroom!
Mishap of the Day - See above! :loser2:

[FONT=&quot]Nutrition[/FONT]

We wont be talking about this right now. My protein was consumed along with a few other things that are not what you would call "program worthy". Nutrition will be posted soon. :wits:

Deal of the Day - Salmon on sale for 4.99 / 5 filets !!
Cheat of the Day - Banana, pecan cupcake with cream cheese icing (why did I even make these)?
Victory of the Day - Booking a new full-time client !! :ohyeah:
Favorite Food of the Day - Bacon for breaky. hehe.
Least Favorite Food of the Day - The bacon I burnt !!
Diet Tip of the Day - After a "diet-down program" make sure you take off some time from your eating program to re-gain your sanity .. ok thats just to make myself feel better for the food I ate today :dont:

[FONT=&quot]Summary
[/FONT]
Highs of the Day - Having loving people around me that always support me
Lows of the Day - The price of chicken boobs .. are you kidding me !!
Advice to Myself - Live, love and just BE in the moment !!

So what is this little challenge thing you have going? Sounds like it may be more fun instead of doing my new program. Unfortunately the Ab one majority of those I can't do with my back problems. But it does look pretty awesome.​

hey what's with the cupcakes? you go and make them but don't even offer to share:paddle:

So what's the scoop on your planning to make gains on the carb cycling, I've only ever seen it used for leaning out.

omerta, I use it for bulking too - helps me keep my eating under control with the low days. I just do high and low, train on the high days, rest on the low.

Jenny, where do you live? I'm in Vancouver.

Wide and deep smith squats you posted you did 20/70/90/90... is it better to start with a super light set? I've been ending with super light sets.

Why do smith squats at all - why not just squat?

Just did the "ab routine from hell" :hehe: The Abdominal Build up was the hardest one (and I didn't do all the sets) especially after a set of 90 crunches on the swiss ball with a 16 lb med ball.

Do you regularly do this ?

omerta, I use it for bulking too - helps me keep my eating under control with the low days. I just do high and low, train on the high days, rest on the low.

I'm more interested in what she's adding to what days. I'm far from being ready to impliment a bulking of any sort, but it's a good thing to keep in mind for when that day comes.

I didn't mean to sound like it couldn't be done or that it was a bad idea.

IML Gear Cream!
You didn't sound doubtful - you just sounded curious - that's what I was responding to. As long as you run a caloric surplus, you'll gain. I have NO TROUBLE running a surplus, hence the "low" days, to keep gains in check. I'm assuming this might be Jenny's rationale also.

So what is this little challenge thing you have going? Sounds like it may be more fun instead of doing my new program. Unfortunately the Ab one majority of those I can't do with my back problems. But it does look pretty awesome.​

hey what's with the cupcakes? you go and make them but don't even offer to share:paddle:

So what's the scoop on your planning to make gains on the carb cycling, I've only ever seen it used for leaning out.

I will post the weekly AB Challenge on here. Its a little game a friend/client and I have to try to make each other puke. lol. We are just sick that way ;) Giver a try and just mod some of the exercises!

Oh I should have shared all of those cupcakes ... lets just say they were TOO good and I will NOT be making them EVER again unless I give all but one away. lol.

I am going to alter the carb cycling to make sure that I do a "bulk" up. With that being said I dont do a traditional bulk up and put on alot of bf% to make gains. I like to stay within 10lbs of my competition weight on the off season.

Jenny, where do you live? I'm in Vancouver.

I agree and I am going to adjust the no, low, high days ... no just until summer is over (4 weeks here) and then take the no carb day out come September. OMG OMG OMG you live in Vancouver!!?? I just got really excited. lol. I am in Winnipeg but will be competing in Van. in April. We will have to meet up for sure! On another note are you going to use the carb cycling program to bulk up again this fall? If so I am wondering what kind of numbers I might want to aim for. At the moment I am just maintaining but want to get a firm action plan in place.

Wide and deep smith squats you posted you did 20/70/90/90... is it better to start with a super light set? I've been ending with super light sets.

Yes it is BUT I havent dont heavy legs in over a year and therefore I was finding my starting point. I always do a super light set to warm up and then go heavy from there .. now that I have a starting point .. next week I will go something like 20/100/90/70 ... you feel me :)

Why do smith squats at all - why not just squat?

Because it was my first day back in the gym from the shoot and was feeling pretty week and didnt want to sacrifice form. I prefer to use the smith because it enables me to go just below 90 and not get stuck .. since the gym is so busy and only perverts want to stand behind me and spot. lol

Just did the "ab routine from hell" :hehe: The Abdominal Build up was the hardest one (and I didn't do all the sets) especially after a set of 90 crunches on the swiss ball with a 16 lb med ball.

Do you regularly do this ?

I hear you! No we switch things up on a weekly basis but I only got to the gym once this week so I will be doing this program for next week too. Just wait til you see the following weeks program :roflmao:

You didn't sound doubtful - you just sounded curious - that's what I was responding to. As long as you run a caloric surplus, you'll gain. I have NO TROUBLE running a surplus, hence the "low" days, to keep gains in check. I'm assuming this might be Jenny's rationale also.

You are correct maam :)

Squat!!!!! Forget the Smith

I wish but I dont feel comfortable just yet. Soon I hope.

Thanks for all the comments peeps :kissu:

The longer you use the smith, the worse your free barbell squat will feel. It won't teach you proper form - it will prevent you from ever learning it. While trashing your knees. Believe me when I tell you that you will miss them when they are gone.

The longer you use the smith, the worse your free barbell squat will feel. It won't teach you proper form - it will prevent you from ever learning it. While trashing your knees. Believe me when I tell you that you will miss them when they are gone.

Hmmm makes sense. I use to only use a squat rack .. I suppose I will get back at it and just lighten the weight a bit more. Thanks.

Try goblet squats first. They'll get you into the correct position and you can use them while you build the weight up until you need a bar. You may also find as many do that front squats put you in a better position than back squats. Another trick is to try low bar barbell squats, while squeezing your shoulderblades together. This helps me avoid doing a good morning to get out of the hole.

But try the goblets first.

Try goblet squats first. They'll get you into the correct position and you can use them while you build the weight up until you need a bar. You may also find as many do that front squats put you in a better position than back squats. Another trick is to try low bar barbell squats, while squeezing your shoulderblades together. This helps me avoid doing a good morning to get out of the hole.

But try the goblets first.

Thanks Built . I do deep plie squats which are similar and my form is good on regular squats as well. The only reason I was using the smith was because I was forcing reps with a high weight and didnt want my form to go out of whack .. but I have the proper form to begin with. Make sense?

Why are you forcing reps?

So slight change of plans. I have hired a coach to start training me October 1st and I am SUPER PUMPED !! She is awesome and I cannot wait to just have someone tell me what to do.

For the next 2 1/4 mths I will be doing some conditioning workouts so my training plan will be altered from originally planned. I am going to keep my calories on the higher end and balance things off so I can continue doing HITT. Lots of work to do on the legs and I have some wicked workouts planned thanks to a few resources.

SUPER PUMPED !! :ohyeah:

I tried your ab routine, and I have to admit, I felt quite an intense burn while doing it. Strangely enough, I am not sore today, should I be?

Anyway, thanks again for the set of exercises :) And good luck with the coach. I am following your program and picking up new ideas here and there, so don't stop posting!

IML Gear Cream!
your enthusiasm is contagious. :) that's a very good thing.

Congrats on the trainer. Sometimes taking away the stress of thinking up your routines, and being pushed can take you to another level. :dancer:

you need to change the color of words on your twitter, it's really hard to read on your background you've picked.

I tried your ab routine, and I have to admit, I felt quite an intense burn while doing it. Strangely enough, I am not sore today, should I be?

Anyway, thanks again for the set of exercises :) And good luck with the coach. I am following your program and picking up new ideas here and there, so don't stop posting!

Hmm well maybe up your med ball weight next time. I have been feeling those abs a ripped the next day. Giver a go.

I promise not to stop posting but will need to talk to my trainer come October to see if she wants me to give details of the programs.

your enthusiasm is contagious. :) that's a very good thing.

Thanks LW :kissu:

Congrats on the trainer. Sometimes taking away the stress of thinking up your routines, and being pushed can take you to another level. :dancer:

you need to change the color of words on your twitter, it's really hard to read on your background you've picked.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to not have to worry about my physique and just put the hard work in. I have enough peeps to worry about :)

Hmmm going to check the text on twitter. Thanks for letting me know. :)

[FONT=&quot]Monday, July 19 2010 (39 weeks out) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
*[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I calculated wrong on the last post and this is my 39wk out period .. opps
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Training
[/FONT]
: 30 sec of each exercise / 2 sets with no rest in between trisets
TS1: Cable Crossovers: 12.5kg
TS1: BB Upright Rows with Overhand Grip Bicep Curls: 30lbs + ez bar
TS1: DB Hammer Curls to Shoulder Press: 15lbs
TS2:BB Bent Over Rows: 40lbs + ez bar
TS2: Rear Cable Flys: 12.5kgs
TS2: Dips with Feet on Swiss Ball (entire upper body was flooded with blood)
TS3: Overhead Low Cable Tricep Extensions: 22.5kg
TS3: 360's DB Laterals to Fronts in Lunge Position: 5lbs (started to not be able to feel my arms anymore)
TS3: Bosu Popups: I HATE YOU !!!
TS4: Incline DB Chest Press: 15lbs
TS4: Olympic Bar Toss: 45lbs
TS4: Plank Rows: 7.5lbs
TS5: Plank Ups: Barferoni !!!
TS5: Weight Bench Walking Pushup-overs: had to do them on my knees
TS5: Wide Grip Latpulldowns: 22.5kgs

AB FLAB Challenge : used 3kg med ball and had to drop it after first exercise!! :loser2:
- Swiss Ball Crunches: 10 centre / 10 left / 10 right / repeat 3 times (no rest)
- A. Med Ball Crunches: 15reps / B. Med Ball Twists: 15reps / C. Med Ball Pulses: 15reps / D. Med Ball Around the Worlds: 15 reps: A, A+B, A+B+C, A+B+C+D
- Med Ball Reverse Crunches: 10reps x 3 sets
- Med Ball Oblique Raises: 25reps per side x 2 sets
- Plank High Fives: 20reps x 2 sets

Favorite Part of Training - Working until complete upper body failure!!
Mishap of the Day - I knew that I was at complete failure when I face planted on the mat trying to finish the circuits. lol

Deal of the Day - Nectaurines = .97 a lb
Cheat of the Day - Dorito who? :pissed:
Victory of the Day - Completing the workout and feeling great afterwards!
Favorite Food of the Day - My oatmeal with pb and 1/2 a banana
Least Favorite Food of the Day - Doritos :(
Diet Tip of the Day - Warm tuna and protein shakes = not fun!

[FONT=&quot]Summary
[/FONT]
Highs of the Day - Still on a high from confirming my new coach !!
Lows of the Day - Eating the Doritos .. I am not going to fret about it BUT it made me feel like garbageronious!!
Advice to Myself - One day at a time .. enjoy the journey just as much as the destination :mooh:

[FONT=&quot]Monday, July 19 2010 (39 weeks out) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I calculated wrong on the last post and this is my 39wk out period .. opps[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Training[/FONT][/FONT]: 30 sec of each exercise / 2 sets with no rest in between trisets
TS1: Cable Crossovers: 12.5kg
TS1: BB Upright Rows with Overhand Grip Bicep Curls: 30lbs + ez bar
TS1: DB Hammer Curls to Shoulder Press: 15lbs
TS2:BB Bent Over Rows: 40lbs + ez bar
TS2: Rear Cable Flys: 12.5kgs
TS2: Dips with Feet on Swiss Ball (entire upper body was flooded with blood)
TS3: Overhead Low Cable Tricep Extensions: 22.5kg
TS3: 360's DB Laterals to Fronts in Lunge Position: 5lbs (started to not be able to feel my arms anymore)
TS3: Bosu Popups: I HATE YOU !!!
TS4: Incline DB Chest Press: 15lbs
TS4: Olympic Bar Toss: 45lbs
TS4: Plank Rows: 7.5lbs
TS5: Plank Ups: Barferoni !!!
TS5: Weight Bench Walking Pushup-overs: had to do them on my knees
TS5: Wide Grip Latpulldowns: 22.5kgs

AB FLAB Challenge : used 3kg med ball and had to drop it after first exercise!! :loser2:
- Swiss Ball Crunches: 10 centre / 10 left / 10 right / repeat 3 times (no rest)
- A. Med Ball Crunches: 15reps / B. Med Ball Twists: 15reps / C. Med Ball Pulses: 15reps / D. Med Ball Around the Worlds: 15 reps: A, A+B, A+B+C, A+B+C+D
- Med Ball Reverse Crunches: 10reps x 3 sets
- Med Ball Oblique Raises: 25reps per side x 2 sets
- Plank High Fives: 20reps x 2 sets

Favorite Part of Training - Working until complete upper body failure!!
Mishap of the Day - I knew that I was at complete failure when I face planted on the mat trying to finish the circuits. lol

Deal of the Day - Nectaurines = .97 a lb
Cheat of the Day - Dorito who? :pissed:
Victory of the Day - Completing the workout and feeling great afterwards!
Favorite Food of the Day - My oatmeal with pb and 1/2 a banana
Least Favorite Food of the Day - Doritos :(
Diet Tip of the Day - Warm tuna and protein shakes = not fun!

[FONT=&quot]Summary [/FONT]
Highs of the Day - Still on a high from confirming my new coach !!
Lows of the Day - Eating the Doritos .. I am not going to fret about it BUT it made me feel like garbageronious!!
Advice to Myself - One day at a time .. enjoy the journey just as much as the destination :mooh:

Lots and lots of great journals on this forum, but youve caught my eye with your advice of the day and 'top tips' etc and so on, bloody love these little insights. Im going to stay tuned its up there with Curts journal, good look with it all, makes my journal look very bland.

Lots and lots of great journals on this forum, but youve caught my eye with your advice of the day and 'top tips' etc and so on, bloody love these little insights. Im going to stay tuned its up there with Curts journal, good look with it all, makes my journal look very bland.

Thanks D thats very sweet of you. I hope that you follow along on my journey. I will pop in to look at your goods too ;)

[FONT=&quot]Tuesday, July 20 2010 (39 weeks out) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Training[/FONT]

Pre-Exhaust
Lying Single Leg Hamstring Curls: 3x30lbsx15reps per leg (non stop sets)

Triset 1 :
2 sets of 30 sec reps .. no rest
Weighted back extensions: 20lbs
Stiff Leg Deads: 60lbs
Smith hack Squats: 20lbs

Triset 2:
2 sets
Reverse Lunges off Stepper: 20lb bb .. 30 sec alternating .. 15sec left .. 15sec right
Single Leg Hack Squats: platform only .. 30sec per leg
Single Leg Lunges: 20lb bb .. 15sec per leg
DB Deep Plie Squats: 3 sets of 30 sec with 15lb db

Triset 3: 2 sets of 30 sec reps .. no rest
Jumping Lunges
BB Bench Stepovers: 20lb bb

Leg Press 75's : 50lbs completed in 5 sets with 15sec active rest in between sets

Favorite Part of Training - Getting through it and only hanging over the bin once
Mishap of the Day - Drove 10min towards the gym when I realized I left my program at home and had to drive all the way back home again :loser2:

Deal of the Day - I cannot believe I didnt even go to the grocery store today!
Cheat of the Day - Banana pecan cupcake .. my grandmas fault :p
Victory of the Day - Not puking during my workout .. but came very close
Favorite Food of the Day - Post workout tuna !!
Least Favorite Food of the Day - My warm water
Diet Tip of the Day - Pre-fill your required water intake for the day in your water bottles ... that way you have a visual tool to ensure you gulp it all down !

[FONT=&quot]Summary
[/FONT]
Highs of the Day - Sore muscles from yesterday and confirming with a well known photographer that he is coming into town in September .. Yes I am a sucker for punishment. lol
Lows of the Day - The rain AGAIN :mooh:
Advice to Myself - You are only as good as you think you are. FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT !!

wicked news !!! :ohyeah:Emily Stirling will be my coach starting in October !!
I am pretty excited as you can tell by the dancing smiley and the bold font .. plus its green :mooh:

wicked news !!! :ohyeah:Emily Stirling will be my coach starting in October !!
I am pretty excited as you can tell by the dancing smiley and the bold font .. plus its green :mooh:
No slacking off until October though. :paddle:We will be watching.

Back