creatine hydrochloride vs monohydrate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

creatine hydrochloride vs monohydrate

what is the difference between these two? i take amplified creatine 189 from GNC and its hydrochloride,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter1 View Post
    what is the difference between these two? i take amplified creatine 189 from GNC and its hydrochloride,

I've taken many forms of creatine and never noticed much difference. My I usually just take whatever is in my favorite pre-workout supplement and if there is non I buy plain creatine. I'm a little creatine old-school though. I've not read much recent research. Back when they started making something different than plain old creatine they basically added kool-aid and sugar and doubled the price. Since then I just counted all the changes as crap. I'm sure someone will be able to give you a clear answer, but for my money there isn't enough of a difference between them to get too worried about. I could be wrong though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

best gains from creatine i ever got were from some cheap-ass brand of capsuled creatine, i bought from fkin walmart years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Creatine mono works just fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Just to add to it, I was once told by some friends they had stopped using the loading phase and just start the 5mg/day. Since then I've tried it and it does seem to work, but takes longer. I would start with more the first week, but imo 25mg/day is overkill. But hell, it used to cost a fortune. As cheap as it is now, it's not that big of deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thumbs up

creatine phosphate was wat i used at first when it came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

ive been taking Creapure's(cheap shit) preload creatine mono complex for 4 days now, no weight gain yet, but a decent pump 24-7 so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

creatine is creatine. it can be repackage many different way. it still the same stuff. i wasted plenty of cash on them all. try gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

monohydrate every day and twice on thursday.

some are not that good,cee,etc...

monohydrate,gluconate,and a couple others are your best bet imho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERFLY1234 View Post
    creatine is creatine. it can be repackage many different way. it still the same stuff. i wasted plenty of cash on them all. try gear.
    im gonna pass on the gear, im only 18

45 and Alive!
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter1 View Post
    im gonna pass on the gear, im only 18
    Weight lifting is like " Mind over Matter". If my body doesn't mind---the weight doesn't matter!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Dear Mr. Cagefighter,

A few comments about C-HCl and Mono...but first, for full disclosure, I am the inventor, manufacturer, and patent holder for creatine hydrochloride so while I have a lot of experience with it, I am also naturally biased in it's favor...even if my bias is well documented and backed up with solid science.

I will reply more later if this forum desires, but for the moment, a few points about these forms of creatine:

1. C-HCl has been proven to have superior plasma uptake vs. creatine monohydrate. This was demonstrated in a study done with university medical center researchers and presented to the International Society of Sports Nutritionists at their world conference in June of 2009. I can provide more details on the study if anyone is curious.

2. The efficacy of creatines vary significantly based on their conjugation. The HCl conjugation is unmatched in terms of aqueous solubility and the simple fact is, if it isn't in solution, it won't get into your blood stream and be effective.

3. You indicate you are a user of AMP 189...this is a unique approach to delivering C-HCl. Unfortunately, it is not a very efficient approach. In plasma uptake studies (aforementioned), the AMP 189 product when dosed as directed, demonstrated a lower plasma concentration of creatine as compared to Mono...and well below a pure form of C-HCl. So even though it is presented as C-HCl (which I am sure it is), the PEG system of conjugation impedes it's otherwise attractive molecular qualities.

4. The benefits of C-HCl is the superior strength, endurance and recovery it provides while eliminating negative side effects normally attributed to creatine mono and other types.

Best,

Mark Faulkner

Founder of GOSB
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner View Post
    Dear Mr. Cagefighter,

A few comments about C-HCl and Mono...but first, for full disclosure, I am the inventor, manufacturer, and patent holder for creatine hydrochloride so while I have a lot of experience with it, I am also naturally biased in it's favor...even if my bias is well documented and backed up with solid science.

I will reply more later if this forum desires, but for the moment, a few points about these forms of creatine:

1. C-HCl has been proven to have superior plasma uptake vs. creatine monohydrate. This was demonstrated in a study done with university medical center researchers and presented to the International Society of Sports Nutritionists at their world conference in June of 2009. I can provide more details on the study if anyone is curious.

2. The efficacy of creatines vary significantly based on their conjugation. The HCl conjugation is unmatched in terms of aqueous solubility and the simple fact is, if it isn't in solution, it won't get into your blood stream and be effective.

3. You indicate you are a user of AMP 189...this is a unique approach to delivering C-HCl. Unfortunately, it is not a very efficient approach. In plasma uptake studies (aforementioned), the AMP 189 product when dosed as directed, demonstrated a lower plasma concentration of creatine as compared to Mono...and well below a pure form of C-HCl. So even though it is presented as C-HCl (which I am sure it is), the PEG system of conjugation impedes it's otherwise attractive molecular qualities.

4. The benefits of C-HCl is the superior strength, endurance and recovery it provides while eliminating negative side effects normally attributed to creatine mono and other types.

Best,

Mark Faulkner
    Mark,
    Can you provide any scientific studies that back up your claims? Many of these claims have been made before and are proved bogus. Please read this thread by Will Brink and respond when you have time. Thanks.
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/su...graveyard.html

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner View Post
    Dear Mr. Cagefighter,

Best,

Mark Faulkner
    if all this is true what creatine supp has the best C-hcl?

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

please post studies backing these claims up. i remember con-cret coming onto the scene and fizzling.