Can I have some humble pie with my diet advice request.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Can I have some humble pie with my diet advice request.

I thought I knew what I was doing, but I can't seem to break through the wall I have hit. I cut calories and ended up gaining more weight and muscle. I have no F'ing clue how that happened other than my body has gone into homeostasis. I am going to swallow my pride and ask for help. Here is my typical daily diet.

Meal 1: 8:00am

Meal 2: 12:00pm

Meal 3: 5:00pm

Meal 4: 9:00pm

Daily Total

* The macros listed above are typical for a weekend day. During the week, everything stays the same except meal #2 is replaced with the following:

Starting June 1st, I was 265. I lost down to 250lb in about a month. Now I haven't been able to lose any more weight since the start of July. Nothing in my diet changed other than maybe adding more protein. My training has been pretty good, and even though I am on a fairly intense calorie deficit, I am making gains in the gym.

The problem is that I don't want to make gains in the gym right now. I want to cut fat. It just makes no sense to me to cut calories anymore than what I have. Is my metabolism shutdown? Should I increase the calories to about 1,700 for a few weeks then regroup with a completely different nutritional plan?

I have heard good things about UD 2.0. I was thinking about buying the book on amazon unless somebody has a link to the information and/or the time to help me build a diet plan.
    Fucking Determined!

Rep Points

whoa, sorry to get of subject but where do i get that calorie calculator?

Is that right that you are only consuming 1200 cals a day? I am NO expert just in the process of learning more about cutting...

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 200+ View Post
    whoa, sorry to get of subject but where do i get that calorie calculator?

Is that right that you are only consuming 1200 cals a day? I am NO expert just in the process of learning more about cutting...
    Yes, and I know it is fucking stupid. I think to a certain degree when the weight loss stopped, I took the approach towards my own body of "all right mother fucker, you don't want to shed fat, I'll fucking punish you!".

Then my body said back to me "who the fuck do you think you are! I'm your body and I will do whatever the fuck I want to do!"

In the process I think my metabolism has crashed.
    Fucking Determined!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Yes, and I know it is fucking stupid. I think to a certain degree when the weight loss stopped, I took the approach towards my own body of "all right mother fucker, you don't want to shed fat, I'll fucking punish you!".

Then my body said back to me "who the fuck do you think you are! I'm your body and I will do whatever the fuck I want to do!"

In the process I think my metabolism has crashed.
    In the short time I have been cutting I have noticed that my body does not like extremely low cals either! I am going to try 1800-2200 a day and see where that takes me...

I think you are right with the 1700 or so you suggested, but again, I am NO expert

Rep Points

What are your maintenance calories?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Pump up your calories for 1-2 weeks. Then, slowly drop them again to more reasonable levels (1200 is not reasonable for someone your size outside of a PSMF).

When I say pump up, I don't mean to 1700 either as that's still likely below maintenance. Probably need 2300+ for a week or so.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Rep Points

I think you have the right idea regarding what types of food to be eating but you're not eating often enough in my opinion. Try to be eating every 3 hours. Why not up the fats (healthy of course) and completely cut the carbs out and go for a keto style diet? Simply just protein and fats with every meal and zero carbs then once per week have a very high carb day with low fats.

P.S keep up with the weights and try low intensity cardio before breakfast or immediately after your workout.

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!

Placebo Abuser

Rep Points

1200... WTF DUDE. That's way too much. EVERYONE knows that weight loss happens at 4 - 500 cals!! sheesh
    "Train like God is watching"

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Let me reiterate the point that I was consuming between 1,500 and 1,600 calories for nearly three weeks when the weight lose stopped. The extremely low calorie intake that I am at now is the result of constantly dropping over the coarse of the last few weeks.
    Fucking Determined!

Placebo Abuser

Rep Points

Let me reiterate the point that I was consuming between 1,500 and 1,600 calories for nearly three weeks when the weight lose stopped. The extremely low calorie intake that I am at now is the result of constantly dropping over the coarse of the last few weeks.
    I'm just talking shit.
    "Train like God is watching"

Rep Points

You dropped yourself into the starvation zone. Like Danzik said, you need to kick it up for a week or so. Try cycling carbs if this happens to you all the time.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMind75 View Post
    I think you have the right idea regarding what types of food to be eating but you're not eating often enough in my opinion. Try to be eating every 3 hours. Why not up the fats (healthy of course) and completely cut the carbs out and go for a keto style diet? Simply just protein and fats with every meal and zero carbs then once per week have a very high carb day with low fats.

P.S keep up with the weights and try low intensity cardio before breakfast or immediately after your workout.

The whole "eat every 3 hours" thing is a myth. It was dis-proven years ago. Mind you there are other reasons to do it, but they're all personal preference and have nothing to do with overall weight loss or increasing your metabolism.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Rep Points

KJ - why not do a week or 2 at maintenance and then try a PSMF? It will kick start your metabolism.

Slowly increase to maintenance on the first week and then hold maintenance for the 2nd.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    KJ - why not do a week or 2 at maintenance and then try a PSMF? It will kick start your metabolism.

Slowly increase to maintenance on the first week and then hold maintenance for the 2nd.
    I think I will do that. I upped my calories today slowly. I'll take the next few weeks to regroup and plan out a new diet.
    Fucking Determined!

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Use carbs for a lot of the increase over these two weeks. You'll bloat. Don't worry about it. The carbs will help you pop up thyroid and leptin.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMind75 View Post

Yes the 3 hours or 6 meals a day stuff is dead.

Kel when was the last time you did a carb up? You have to think dude, you've been working out too. If you're doing that many calories on a moderately active day you're leaving sub 1k to live on. You're definitely on the backside of the curve by now.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural