• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

virus

davegmb

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Not sure if this is happening to anybody else, but last 3 times ive logged onto Ironmagazine my computer tells me it has blocked a virus which was on the website??????? Anybody else had this and whats the solution please?

Just logged in again and it didnt happen this time so who knows what caused it, its a mystery?

Quite a few viruses have shown up on legitimate sites. Sites such as CNN, CNBC, & Bloomberg. Those sites partner with advertisers, who are hired by companies that want to advertise. However, some of those companies are fronts for scammers that use viruses. Usually, the virus installs a fake anti-virus that tries to get you to purchase "the fix."

The solution: install Firefox and then install Ad Block Plus.

Quite a few viruses have shown up on legitimate sites. Sites such as CNN, CNBC, & Bloomberg. Those sites partner with advertisers, who are hired by companies that want to advertise. However, some of those companies are fronts for scammers that use viruses. Usually, the virus installs a fake anti-virus that tries to get you to purchase "the fix."

The solution: install Firefox and then install Ad Block Plus.

I thought I was losing my mind the other day. I had been doing some work on our firewall and I noticed that CNN keeps getting reported back to me that it has been blocked due to security risk. I thought no way, so I unblocked it. Next day, it was blocked again.

I went online searching and found the information you just gave. It is pretty sad that users can get an infection by clocking an add from a reputable site. I ended up blocking CNN, and their affiliates just to be safe.

Thanks for the info guys, was wondering what the hell id done lol. I use Avast, has worked okay so far.

I just got an email from google saying that there was malware on IronMagazine.com, I cannot find anything, I even went to Google Webmaster tools and it does not report any malware for my sites there, so it could be coming from one of my ads...looking into this further.

okay, it appears that a couple of Flash banners (sponsor's banners) that were being pulled from other websites were causing the issue, one of the other sites was infected, so I am now hosting all files on my sites and not pulling from any others.

to be more specific, we have narrowed it down to the LGSciences banner ad we were displaying, it was a Flash banner hosted on their site, apparently their site is infected with malware and it made it look like our was. We have removed this code and we are hosting their banner on our site as a gif file.

Good work Rob!

IML Gear Cream!
I'm the cause of all the trouble.

I'm upset because I haven't been made President of Ironmagazine yet.

true story

thanks prince, i dont know shit about computers, just basics , so if i get a virus its alot of money but i have a antivirus. hope that will keep working. thnx.

I just want to reiterate there was not a virus or malware on IronMagazine.com, we were using a script to pull a banner from another domain and their site got infected which flagged our site because we were displaying the script from their site.

Back