Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Marijuana

Thread: Marijuana

Rep Points

Marijuana

So there was a great thread on Alcohol recently and I wanted to start one on marijuana. Peoples opinions? Use in bodybuilding? Effects? etc....

Rep Points

I think it's ironic that cigarettes and alcohol are legal and abundant but marijuana is illegal and taboo.

Weed is great. It has many well-documented benefits, and can really help any bodybuilder -- especially beginners. The muscle relaxation, deep sleeps, increased appetite, increased blood flow, etc. I made some of my best muscle gains when smoking shit tons of weed.

The downside is if you don't balance it with regular cardio then you're lungs will take a hit. Also, if you smoke too much too often you'll find your focus and motivation waning a bit.

Just keep everything balanced. I quit all the time for a month at a time then do it once a week for a while, etc...I'm leaning towards less right now because I'm heavy into a volume program while training for a half marathon, and I need my cardio system in top shape. Otherwise, I think if you train regularly and hard, perform regular cardio, eat a balanced diet with good macros, and feel confident in your lifting and see regular results then once a week for weed is absolutely no problem at all, and even beneficial.

It's better for you than drinking is. The only benefits from drinking are maybe some social benefits. Otherwise, weed is dirt cheap (alcohol and associated costs like cover charge, cabs, etc) can be $40-100/night, whereas weed is like $5-10 for a night. Plus, weed has so many health benefits.

Rep Points

I tend to agree with you, I really thought more people would post about this subject. A guy who I box with is an avid lover of bud, he actually smokes his through a humidifier? Never tried it, but he wears by it because it doesn't hurt his cardo (which is the only reason I can find against weed)

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by boxingorilla View Post
    I tend to agree with you, I really thought more people would post about this subject. A guy who I box with is an avid lover of bud, he actually smokes his through a humidifier? Never tried it, but he wears by it because it doesn't hurt his cardo (which is the only reason I can find against weed)
    Ya, vaporizers remove something like 98% of the harmful substances, and give you a clean, healthy high. You'll still get dumb if you smoke too much, but your cardio system will remain untouched.

I've been meaning to buy one for the longest time. A good one is something like $600. Seems pricy if you're not a total stoner, but for when I do smoke weed my once a week or whenever I don't like knowing that I'm harming my body (which is why I hardly drink). I see it as a worthy investment.

Rep Points

I used to smoke around 20 Cigarettes a day, But only tried this once many many years ago. Does anyone think it might make me want to start smoking again.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas View Post
    Ya, vaporizers remove something like 98% of the harmful substances, and give you a clean, healthy high. You'll still get dumb if you smoke too much, but your cardio system will remain untouched.
    actually smoking weed is said to increase brain cells, alcohol destroys them.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I tell the gf that MJ is my mistress and I'm never leaving her...lol
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by joboco View Post
    I used to smoke around 20 Cigarettes a day, But only tried this once many many years ago. Does anyone think it might make me want to start smoking again.
    Well, there's THC in weed, so maybe?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gears View Post
    Id have to disagree. Mj sparks a creativity inside that cannot be obtained while sober.
    All I know is when I was smoking a lot of weed I didn't function the same at work. Words would go in one end and out the other.

Rep Points

I can't do much when im stoned. I sit there and laugh no matter how much I smoke I don't build a tolerence.

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

All I know is when I was smoking a lot of weed I didn't function the same at work. Words would go in one end and out the other.
    For 16 years I couldn't function without it

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gears View Post
    Id have to disagree. Mj sparks a creativity inside that cannot be obtained while sober.

Id have to agree with this. I actually met this guy on a hike yesterday. Older cat, but built like no other...we smoked a little bit (first time in awhile). He said he uses it on occasion during the day, but mostly before bed...he said he is never hungry late night and that weed gives him the munchies so he can eat before sleep, also he says he sleeps better.

Rep Points

Personally, I think pot is a lot less destructive than most other drugs, including alcohol. I enjoyed it often when I was younger. I quit smoking around the same time I quit drinking. Job issues and other factors contributed to that decision. My wife doesn't care for it much, either, because she grew up with parents who were always high. There are negatives, like anything else, if used obsessively. Mostly that you inevitably miss out on other things if you are always spending your time getting high. I think if it is used moderately, there are more positives than negatives.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Personally, I think pot is a lot less destructive than most other drugs, including alcohol. I enjoyed it often when I was younger. I quit smoking around the same time I quit drinking. Job issues and other factors contributed to that decision. My wife doesn't care for it much, either, because she grew up with parents who were always high. There are negatives, like anything else, if used obsessively. Mostly that you inevitably miss out on other things if you are always spending your time getting high. I think if it is used moderately, there are more positives than negatives.
    Im 33 and have been smoking bud for 18 years. I recently quit about two months ago. I totally support weed and think it should be legal, even over alcohol."You will never attend a weed overdose funeral"! Since my departure of bud smoking my workouts have ben really focused again. My lungs feel way healthier and overall I feel pretty damm crisp again. Im a lazy smoker when I chief out, but thats just me!! Can anyone confirm excess breast tissue development in men directly related to THC?

HI-Tech Redneck

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    actually smoking weed is said to increase brain cells, alcohol destroys them.
    my pshchology professor in college said that smoking weed kills brain cells. however, when a brain cell dies, the others increase in volume & are capable of functioning at a higher level.

i figure at this point, i have a dozen or so big bad mother fuckers left

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The only problem with smoking weed is that nowdays you've got to piss to get a job a Dairy Queen.It is fucking ridiculous that you can get a job if you drink a qt. of Jack Daniels a day,but smoke weed once or twice a week and you're a risk. think I'd quit drinking entirely if it was legal,but for some of the jobs I do they require piss tests.Luckilly the don't test for gears lol.

Im skitzophrenic& so am I
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I've read that test levels are lowered by smoking weed. Not that I care, since I'm replenishing my test twice a week but any truth to it?
    Don't you want to be compared to Chuck Norris? Hmm?? Don't you???

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by boxingorilla View Post
    Id have to agree with this. I actually met this guy on a hike yesterday. Older cat, but built like no other...we smoked a little bit (first time in awhile). He said he uses it on occasion during the day, but mostly before bed...he said he is never hungry late night and that weed gives him the munchies so he can eat before sleep, also he says he sleeps better.
    The sex is better too.....

casting pearls!

Rep Points

To each his own on smoking pot. Personally I have no use for it. i get high off of pumping iron.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionKing View Post
    To each his own on smoking pot. Personally I have no use for it. i get high off of pumping iron.

I think thats one thing we can all agree on- that lifting heavy gives us a rush that no other drug can! True that.