• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doing legs affecting Test- and making the rest of the body bigger

JMRQ

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Doing legs affecting Test- and making the rest of the body bigger

I have a question, will doing squats and leg presses trigger the body to release more Test in general ?? ie. will it make your upper body grow too ???

Will doing awesome leg-sets also increase everything else because more Test is released into the bloodstream ??

I'm curious how this works...

I want to know how much effort I should put into my legs (if it will make me release more Test and HGH...)

The legs contain the largest muscle groups in the body. When you train those muscle groups, especially when in compound movements like squats and deadlifts -- which also involve the rest of the body -- the amount of muscle fibres trained is extremely high. Consequently, you release more growth hormones.

Growth hormones aren't dormant; they travel throughout the body and interact with all muscle groups.

Short answer: yes -- leg compounds will make your upper body bigger.

:thumbs:

also people forget that there is only such much free androgens in the body that are available for anabolic processes in muscle tissue. these androgens circulate throughout the entire body not just to the body parts that have been exercised.

these androgens circulate throughout the entire body not just to the body parts that have been exercised.

So it's possible to get bigger arms by doing heavy leg exercises- GREAT

that's just what I was looking for...

And I hear that exercise releases HGH- does it also release IGF-1 ??

IGF-1 is what I'm most interested in- what's the best way to increase it ???

:ohyeah:

Buy it

doing squats are not going to make your arms bigger, you might get a " pump " while doing squats throught every muscle but as far as making your arms bigger in size no way, dont buy it. thats just my opinion. never ever worked for me. bench press will increase your arm size, back training will increase your arm size. but wat do i know.

if you think just because you have hormones running through your system that squats are going to enlarge your arms , then my friend be my guest.

if you think just because you have hormones running through your system that squats are going to enlarge your arms , then my friend be my guest.
Unclem is absolutely correct!!!!!!!!

How about working out your legs so you're not a top heavy douchebag?
first of all, whatch your smart ass mouth! I train legs! If you think there is any connection with growth size being related to your arms while training legs then knock yourself out. I think its funny how some of these guys including yourself always want to act hard on the internet. :jerkit:

I don't care what you guys say, I'm still going to exercise my legs enough so that I think I'm doing the rest of my body a lot of good... :owned:

I don't care what you guys say, I'm still going to exercise my legs enough so that I think I'm doing the rest of my body a lot of good... :owned:
train your legs brother!!! You burn more fat "period" while training your legs. Its one of the best fat burning things that you can do. Train those legs heavy.

hey , i didnt say not to train your legs, absolutley train your legs hard, and deadlift , bp then your other bodyparts, i was just saying if u dont train your arms and just train your legs they wont grow, now if your a powerlifter, i know nothing about how to train in that fashion , but, in bbing if not training your arms they will grow only if u train bench and back, but not to there fullest potential. u can bet on that. train your arms just as with your squats. but if big legs is all your after then ull be fine doing deads and squats .

first of all, whatch your smart ass mouth! I train legs! If you think there is any connection with growth size being related to your arms while training legs then knock yourself out. I think its funny how some of these guys including yourself always want to act hard on the internet. :jerkit:

first of all, go fuck your mother!
Second of all, i'll say what I want.
Third of all, go fuck your mother again.

the best way to increase GH output with resistance is to train with loads at or greater than 80% of the 1RM. with cardio you want to exercise at or near the VO2max, interval training is the easiest for that.

train your legs brother!!! You burn more fat "period" while training your legs. Its one of the best fat burning things that you can do. Train those legs heavy.

Can you explain the bio thermogenics behind this statement? Your thesis is Training legs heavy burns fat....go

IML Gear Cream!
Can you explain the bio thermogenics behind this statement? Your thesis is Training legs heavy burns fat....go
Merkaba, I do know that when you train your larger muscle groups, You lift heavier thus exerting more energy being used and burned. Since this is the largest muscle group, your gonna burn the most energy required to withstain your workout. The exact thermogenics behind it, I wont pretend to know exactly. If I am wrong please correct me.... Stylus187

I am having a hard time understanding how someone can even question whether to train legs or not.

I am having a hard time understanding how someone can even question whether to train legs or not.

Yup, that was my original post was about before this idiot thought it was directed towards him. Who cares if it makes your arms bigger or not? You're gonna look ridiculous with a big upper body and little chicken legs. Not to mention by strengthening your posterior chain it's going to help you avoid all kinds of injuries. Who wants weak legs, anyways?

The "training legs to get a bigger upper body" debate has been around forever. ive read a ton of articles on it,stating when your legs are trained the body releases more growth horomone.I dont know if theres any truth to it or if its just semi-guided bullshit.One thing i have read and taken notice to in my 20 plus years of lifting experience, is that in order for GH to work (growth) the body must be in a state of catabolism.ive seen countless guys take GH and make no size gains whatsoever,although the majority of them shedded bodyfat extremely fast,coincidence? maybe,proof? no, just an educated observation.Heres my opinion on training legs for a bigger upper body, when you train legs you not only get stronger legs but you get a stronger core,when you get a stronger core,you will in fact get a stronger upperbody,which inturn does mean a bigger upper body,providing diet/rest needs are met.

There's a reason why Randy Strossen didn't write a book called "Super Curls".

It's because from a physiological standpoint doing arm work is like sending a flea up a horse's leg with the intention of rape. Even if he does everything right, at absolute best it's just going to cause an itch.

Do some squats and give your body something to actually adapt to.

This isn't to say that you should ONLY do leg work, but id bet you'd see far more growth from doing ONLY squats than you would from doing ONLY rows or ONLY bench.

Shit like curls and kickbacks dont even register on the horse-rape radar.

Shit like curls and kickbacks don't even register on the horse-rape radar.

I hardly even do arms. I find humor in the people working so hard day in and day out at training their arms; they end up looking disproportionate

The "training legs to get a bigger upper body" debate has been around forever. ive read a ton of articles on it,stating when your legs are trained the body releases more growth horomone.I dont know if theres any truth to it or if its just semi-guided bullshit.One thing i have read and taken notice to in my 20 plus years of lifting experience, is that in order for GH to work (growth) the body must be in a state of catabolism.ive seen countless guys take GH and make no size gains whatsoever,although the majority of them shedded bodyfat extremely fast,coincidence? maybe,proof? no, just an educated observation.Heres my opinion on training legs for a bigger upper body, when you train legs you not only get stronger legs but you get a stronger core,when you get a stronger core,you will in fact get a stronger upperbody,which inturn does mean a bigger upper body,providing diet/rest needs are met.

the logic is quite sound when you think about it if you focus on the large body parts the smaller ones are obviously stimulated as well. how many times do we all see someone with with big arms and scrawny legs and no back? how often do you see someone with a big back and legs with scrawny arms?

I hardly even do arms. I find humor in the people working so hard day in and day out at training their arms; they end up looking disproportionate

At best they end up disproportionate, at worst they end up staying small, lol.

Pointless waste of valuable time and recovery.

There's a reason why Randy Strossen didn't write a book called "Super Curls".

It's because from a physiological standpoint doing arm work is like sending a flea up a horse's leg with the intention of rape. Even if he does everything right, at absolute best it's just going to cause an itch.

Do some squats and give your body something to actually adapt to.

This isn't to say that you should ONLY do leg work, but id bet you'd see far more growth from doing ONLY squats than you would from doing ONLY rows or ONLY bench.

Shit like curls and kickbacks dont even register on the horse-rape radar.

I can't rep Gaz yet. Can someone please rep him for making what has to be the first post in IM history with the phrase "horse-rape radar".

That post was disgustingly brilliant.

Back