• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Milk and Dairy fat loss link

jmorrison

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So, this may be old news to everyone else, but this is news to me. I had noticed that whenever I cut out my dairy, which was pretty much every time I was cutting, I would stall out. For instance, last month, when I was running a 3 week PSMF, I was eating cottage cheese at first (which I love) and cut it out after Damayor had explained to me that it was too high carb/fat for PSMF. That was pretty much my only dairy.

As soon as I cut it out, my weight loss slows dramatically. Every time. So while I was eating lunch yesterday I was reading the health flyer on the table, which are these little nutrition education things our catering company puts out regularly teaching basic nutritional information, it mentioned a link between dairy products (specifically milk) and fat loss.

Well, I spent some time on google, and found quite a few articles that SEEM to back this up. Most surround the same study with young men, but there is a really interesting one about women and resistance training.

Eating Dairy for Weight Loss: Does It Help?: Does Eating Calcium Rich Dairy Foods Help With Weight Control?

Drinking Milk After Exercise Encourages Muscle Gain And Fat Loss, Study Finds

and here is the one about women

Milk for Fat Loss? | Precision Nutrition

Any thoughts or opinions? I would love to add milk/cottage cheese back into my program while cutting.

I rely on yogurt and cottage cheese while cutting. <shrugs>

I'll go read that link now.

Ah. Diets were uncontrolled. My money is on the protein being both satiating and muscle-sparing. There's another study (Volek) that showing that female athletes do better on pro/fat than pro/cho, due to our increased reliance on lipids as fuel.

I just want your blessing to drink gallons and gallons of milk...while cutting. You aren't going to give it to me are you?

I am eating the cottage cheese again, but I am still avoiding milk, and I have to honestly say that it is the food I miss the most. I truly love an ice cold glass of milk.

Personally, I think milk is nasty unless in cereal lol. If you are drinking skim milk its fine but keep in mind that an 8oz. glass of skim milk still has 12G sugar in it.

And if you're a little lactose intolerant, stick to high-fat milk (less sugar, slows it down) and fermented milk. I love my Liberté Mediterranean 10% butterfat yogurt - the stuff's to DIE for!

with work, PSMF is impossible. I just cant avoid the fats, and the utter lack of carbs is not conducive to my line of work.

But IDII works a little better . . . I currently work 9 days on, 5 days off. I go into depletion for 7 days rather than 4, however I will have say 30g oats with 20mls milk ED. This way carbs stay under 100g easily, usually under 80g.

Refeed days 8-9 then maintenence for 5, but carbs are tapered so no carbs after 3pm. And apart form a little milk, no sugars.

I like the Dannon light and fit carb control yougurt.2 small containers of it are 10gs of protein and only 6carbs 90 cals.I eat them right before bed and it keeps me from waking up at 3am and downing whatever I can grab.

Back