• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

over 40s bbers female, male share your training tips

unclem

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
does everybody train heavy being over 40, and wats it doing for you, even light training, results, oldschooler or new to training? just a basic discussion of wat happens in your training after 40. any topic related to training.

I started lifting as a young teen. I'm 43 now. Things have changes over the years a bit. I was involved in competing in powerlifting when I was younger for 10 years or so. I don't train as heavy as I did as a young lifter. I'm still able to do anything in the gym I did when I was younger, at least as far as exercises. I still like to lift reasonably heavy, and I enjoy testing myself.
Things do change over time. I've had to adapt my training to injury and other factors, some related to age. Diet is more challenging, so I've had to learn how to eat better at 43 than I did at 23. I have a lot more variety incorporated into lifting. I tend to change what I'm doing more often. I'd be lying if I said there haven't been some challenges the past 10 years. But all in all, I still enjoy going to the gym. I have a good friend who has 20 years on me, and still trains very hard. Guys like him are an inspiration to me. As you get older, there are challenges, but I hope to continue training for many years.

good post mdr. iam 44 so were about same age, i feel like i slowed down in intensity more now, have you? its just a age thing or mI just not trying hard enough. unless i use gear alot i have a hard time " getting pyhched like before" if that makes sense.

I do think it is a bit harder than years ago. Gear is very helpful. I probably have the hardest time keeping the intensity up after a cycle and when cutting. i usually only take gear when bulking, and I cut naturally. Gear also helps with all the accumulated aches and pains. Consistency is really the key for me. I do have to train on days when I am less than motivated. My biggest problem when I was younger was training too much.

I train heavy and hard at 47. Nothing else interests me. I guess I'm not like other people. I don't think I really need roids to do well but I am just starting to dabble with them. I basically always have an injury somewhere on me but I train around them. I like 5X5, supersetting, pre-exhaustion, long naked walks on the beach and Orville Redenbacher Lite Butter popcorn.

^^^ not pushing gear but hoglander you will always be in a good mood, high sex drive and alot of other benefits with gear besides gaining muscle. thats just my opinion, iam always in a good mood. except when i take to much halo. nothing else even gives me long lasting side effects. choking from tren but thats it. sweating. thats all i get from gear. good mood.

subb'd for this log and tips . even though i am 34 yo . i am close but my style is

DC stretching
P90x yoga

cause prehab before rehab. and i lift in phases. little med and heavy. depends on how my body is doing. older i get the more i am about listening to what my body says. and i also highly believe in fish oil and animal flex for joints

^^^ theres somepeople on here who think p90x is no good i think its good.i mean some of the guys on the commercials are on gear but they look good. so thats wat i would do if i had to get really down in bf if i wasnt a competitive bber. but do wat works for u bro.

Not sure if I will ever compete again, but I like to work on weak body parts for symmetry myself.

Still do the core basics, dead lifts, smith machine squats, press' etc. I cycle through a period of 12-14 reps, then back off fora week and go down to 4-6 to shock and build more strength.

IML Gear Cream!
When I was younger I could lift like a maniac and still make progress. Overtraining was almost non-existent. Fifteen years down the road and the phrase of the day is "Less is more." Multi-joint movements are what gets the job done now. No need to go crazy with a two hours in the gym.

^^^ iam in and out in 1 hr on legs and deads day 1 hr 15- 30min thats it and i train hard until iam dead by the time i leave. how long are you at the gym brother?

30 to 45 minutes. Basic movements, mostly.

thats quick , now thats called in and out lol. good job.:clapping:^^

i'm 46 & find that i need to (& do) listen to my body more rather than work out despite an injury or soreness. fyi - working out while having the flu makes it worse. for some crazy reason some months ago, i had the idea that sweating it out would get rid of it. i felt like total shit while working out & continued feeling worse until i gave my body a rest. i know, it's common sense, but in the past i've been hard on my body.

^^^i train sick or not just get some antibiotics then your gtg. but i hear ya. if your sick then stay at home. i justr love training it might be a sickness i have.

i'm 46 & find that i need to (& do) listen to my body more rather than work out despite an injury or soreness. fyi - working out while having the flu makes it worse. for some crazy reason some months ago, i had the idea that sweating it out would get rid of it. i felt like total shit while working out & continued feeling worse until i gave my body a rest. i know, it's common sense, but in the past i've been hard on my body.

If you workout at a public gym, you are a giant douche.

Just do what I need to do and get out.

iam ashamed your 46 and iam only 44 and you get out that fast. but i keep doing xtra calf work and abs even though i should just leave i have excersise addiction i think. ive been training non stop now since 1999 i had to take 2 wks off for my broken neck but i trained with a halo on my head. after the screws mounted to my head. but i love bbing that much i cant stay away that long or i get irrartated.

I'm only 40.

IML Gear Cream!
yeah i seen that after the fact. i looked at the other guys age thought it was u sorry brother. dont want to make you older thats for sure. it sucks getting old to me anyway.

^^^i train sick or not just get some antibiotics then your gtg. but i hear ya. if your sick then stay at home. i justr love training it might be a sickness i have.
it's great that you love training! it beats being a barfly, food addict, etc.! LOL

Back