• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Split the back??

Pitboss

User title goes here
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been contemplating on splitting my back workouts. One week with rowing and the next workout with pulling exercises.

What the opinion here on this??

Don't.

Unless you're doing submaximal bi-weekly workouts or some sort of back periodisation.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Don't.

Unless you're doing submaximal bi-weekly workouts or some sort of back periodisation.

Well I could work in a biweekly, although I think that would hurt bicep growth over a period of time....

Hmmm guess I'll stick to what's been working for me now.

Originally posted by Pitboss

Well I could work in a biweekly, although I think that would hurt bicep growth over a period of time....

Well, if you do it over the short run, then you can probably get away with it. But overtime is when the problems begin to arise.

Incidentally, what were you thinking of achieving by doing such a program of vertical and horizontal pulling on different days? (besides back growth, obviously) You got some other agenda?

Well, if you do it over the short run, then you can probably get away with it. But overtime is when the problems begin to arise.

Incidentally, what were you thinking of achieving by doing such a program of vertical and horizontal pulling on different days? (besides back growth, obviously) You got some other agenda?

Really just back growth. One day I feel like I need to concentrate on width and then the next time I'm thinking I need more thickness... I know they both work hand in hand but still.

Actually pitboss, there is nothing wrong with doing this for a changup. In fact, there is a brilliant european BBing researcher named Michael Gundill that believes that splitting back up this way is the MOST productive way to do it...pulldown type movements one workout and all rowing the next.

My personal opinion is that the body is so damn good at adapting that this approach will work well for maybe 3-6 weeks or so and then a change will be needed. But I say, try it!

Originally posted by gopro
In fact, there is a brilliant european BBing researcher named Michael Gundill

Ah yes, the dude who believes that by increasing blood flow to a particular area you reduce the possibility of fat being stored in that area.

He does agree with GPP and whey+casein post w/o however, so he can't be all bad.

I think he posts on some forums under Dharkham or something.

until i read pros post i wasnt sure what you meant... isnt rowing pulling too ? is what i was thinking....

rowing one day.. pulling on another.... sounds hella good to me...
concentration and recovery: the way of a bodybuilder !:rocker:

My only real concern with seperating the back is the amount of over load on the forearms and biceps. Guess one could "not" workout biceps but once every 3rd week and in that same week do both pulling and rowing on back day.....

Something to think about.

Ah yes, the dude who believes that by increasing blood flow to a particular area you reduce the possibility of fat being stored in that area.

Part of the article you posted on getting rid of stubborn fat touted such an idea, that fat in stubborn areas is hard to get rid of due to poor circulation in that area, am I incorrect?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Mudge

Part of the article you posted on getting rid of stubborn fat touted such an idea, that fat in stubborn areas is hard to get rid of due to poor circulation in that area, am I incorrect?

Yes, stubborn fat does generally have poor peripheral blood flow. And the reasoning for increasing blood flow to that area is via yohimbine.

Providing an alpha-2 receptor agonist (like Yohimbine) is there in sufficient quantity and your are in a calorie deficit.

The guy basically says, although i can't recall that well, that doing sit ups thrice daily will lessen the chance of fat being stored on the abdominals.

You decide.

I do not agree with everything that M. Gundill says...I don't agree with what anyone says, however, I do feel that he is one of the best thinkers in the game right now. He was hooked up tightly with Duchaine when he was still alive, and DD was brilliant.

As for this back thing, the idea would go something like this...

week 1:
-chins
-CG pulldowns
-WG pulldowns behind neck

week 2:
-WG bent row
-T-bar row
-CG seated pully row

Originally posted by gopro
I do not agree with everything that M. Gundill says...I don't agree with what anyone says, however, I do feel that he is one of the best thinkers in the game right now. He was hooked up tightly with Duchaine when he was still alive, and DD was brilliant.

As for this back thing, the idea would go something like this...

week 1:
-chins
-CG pulldowns
-WG pulldowns behind neck

week 2:
-WG bent row
-T-bar row
-CG seated pully row

That's basically how I was thinking of it. Then maybe on the third week doing deads with a combination of the pull and row.

Originally posted by Pitboss

That's basically how I was thinking of it. Then maybe on the third week doing deads with a combination of the pull and row.

Nothing wrong with experimenting like that. As long as reps and sets are reasonable than I say go for it!

Back