• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anything Learned (Besides the Obvious?) DPW?

nikegurl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'll try to be brief....I've had pneumonia and not been training or eating well. At first I wasn't eating very much at all. Now the last 2 weeks or so I've been eating but totally off my eating plan.

When I say totally off I mean not getting nearly enough protein, not logging or tracking meals, going too long between meals and eating bad carb choices such as bread and pasta on occassion.

Not once have I pigged out or had fast food or true desert. I know about the sugar in carbs but just to let people know - I haven't been eating pizza and burgers and brownies at all.

Now that I'm feeling better from the pneumonia I'm really feeling like crap from the bad eating and not training. It's so freaking depressing.

Here's the thing....my clothes still fit but I've lost ALL my visible muscle and gained a TON of fat. It truly doesn't seem possible that I could gain so much fat in a few weeks without ever pigging out. My arms are soft - my waist is wider and I've got freaking "dents" back on the back of my legs. I know - nasty!

It's so discouraging but it's also confusing me that I could lose so much muscle and gain fat so fast. I think I look worse than I did before I got back into training and eating well (and then I WAS eating brownies and pizza)

Does this tell me anything about my insulin resisitance (and whether I have it or not)

Was the fact that I was sick a factor in me losing so much muscle and getting squishy faster than I would have thought possible?

ARGH. I hate feeling like this. Hate Hate Hate it. Rant over (for now)

I'm no expert but just wanted to say I know how you feel. When I'm out for more than 3 days unless planned I start to feel like I've lost control of my whole life. Luckily, that hasn't happened for about a year now (unplanned rest that is !).

Possibly, your immune system was working extra hard during your illness which may account for loss of muscle.

Best you can do is look forward to getting to where your were and then going beyond that. Sometimes these unplanned breaks can up your motivation even more than before.

Originally posted by nikegurl
I'll try to be brief....I've had pneumonia and not been training or Now the last 2 weeks or so I've been eating but totally off my eating plan.

Does this tell me anything about my insulin resisitance (and whether I have it or not)

NG, we hope you are feeling better. :D

Two things....First, it is NOT an "eating plan".....it's a "Life Style Plan"

Second, Yes, it's a LIFE STYLE PLAN because you are somewhat..(but not tremendously) insulin resistant :lol:

DPw8

Get yourself some SUPER CLA with Guarana and start training again. All the fat build-up will be converted to muscle building energy. You can read more about it over at...

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag96/nprodjul96.html

Oh, and St.Johns Wort is excellent for giving one a positive attitude toward improvement.

Back