Red meat raises heart attack risk

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Post Red meat raises heart attack risk

Red meat raises heart attack risk BOSTON, Aug. 19 (UPI) — Eating red meat and processed meats like bacon sharply increased heart disease risk in women, U.S. researchers say. Researchers at Harvard School of Public Health in Boston suggest eating healthier protein-rich foods — such as fish, poultry, low-fat dairy and nuts — instead of [...]

Read More...

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

red meat...I love red meat. I think its the fat content causing the problem, not the actual protein..and bacon--yeah that one's obvious. its full of yummy fat and nitrates.

45 and Alive!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm not a women but I'd like to see the actual data on the control groups. Did they eat red meat every day? Was any exercise done daily? Were any supplements involved?? I'm sure the fat content in the meat can attribute to higher risk due to raised cholesterol/fatty tissue/arterial plaque build-up if there's no exercise involved. Otherwise I don't buy the hype. I ate fish, salads, low fat milk and biked 9-18 miles a day for years then bam.. the big heart attack with multiple bypass options. Now I eat bacon, a t-bone/ribeye, and a burger once a week (along with my fish/salads/grilled chicken) and my cholesterol is 101 but I also work out 4 days a week for 1.5 hrs a pop. If think if you're going to eat meat you need to exercise to balance it.
    Weight lifting is like " Mind over Matter". If my body doesn't mind---the weight doesn't matter!!!!!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think the study should read "fat lazy not bigs should not eat red meat, more for us that train hard"
    I agree with the processed food part but to lump all red meat in the category is ridiculous. Red meat is great especially if it hormone free grass fed beef. What a lame ass study.