Coronary Heart Disease Linked to Endogenous Testosterone

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Post Coronary Heart Disease Linked to Endogenous Testosterone

Coronary Heart Disease Linked to Endogenous Testosterone SAN DIEGO—Higher levels of endogenous testosterone may associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) in men older than 65 years, according to a large U.S. multi-center study presented at the Endocrine Society’s 92nd annual meeting. “The study finding contradicts smaller studies that have shown that [...]

Read More...

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

If I was a man, I'd take my risks. I think its better to live a higher quality of life, with more muscle tone, strength, sexual desire, and everything that makes a man a man for as long as possible.
    So its better to have test equivolent to a womans, have age related muscle loss, weight gain, and a general decline in health. yeah right.
    If the govt had their way, we'd be a nation of controlled children with wrinkles like a sharpe and the bodies "au natural" with natural aging and little to no exercise. I wish the govt didn't despise those who take care of themselves or have the resouces to do so.. just my opinion

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I would like to see what the diets of these people where along with the family history...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Get outta my yard
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

So they just grabbed 697 men and followed them for a few years. Then they grouped them by test level. Their average age was 72. 14% of them had some cardiac incident in their freaking late 60s probably up to their early 80s. Of that 14% twice as many with a cardiac incudent had normal testosterone levels in the upper quartile for their age. So the total amount of cardiac incidents was about 100. Now divide that up into quarters for each quartile. The ones in the lowest quartile had 2.2 times less cardiac incidents as those in the upper quartile. Assuming that the middle two quartiles had a total of 50 incidents the upper quartile had about 33 incidents while the lower quartile had 15 incidents. So, we are talking about a difference of less than 20 individuals in nearly 700. Now mind you there is no mention of any controls for life time diet, smoking, exercise, alcohol or any other factors that are known to effect cardiac outcomes. Therefore in my mind this article has nearly no usefulness at all. For all I know these high test guys were smoking and drinking and chasing old whores for 70 years and had nearly no ill effects from their life style so it could be that testosterone protects you from the cardiac ill effects of smoking, drinking and whoring done over 7 decades.