Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Sleep Cycle Timing

Rep Points

Sleep Cycle Timing

Does the timing of your sleep cycle matter?

For example, if on one night I sleep from 22:00 to 06:00 and then the next night I sleep from 01:00 to 09:00.

I try to keep it consistent, but sometimes that's just not possible.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

the quality of the sleep is more important. if you find that you are not getting enough quality sleep then you may want to try to have a more regular sleep schedule.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

it does factor in,yes! some sleep problems happen because of lack of a regular cycle.However if you have no issues,then a varying cycle isn't that big of a deal sometimes.

HockeyTime

Rep Points

I just had a big debate about this with a close friend who stays up for many hours on end because of his profession.

The most important thing to remember is not the hours you sleep but the hours you are awake.? Confused?

If you sleep 9 hours that means you were awake active, putting stress on your body and mind for 15 hours. Thats 37.5% of your time spent asleep. Most people can't sleep nine hours in one shot, unless during the 15 hours they were doing something wildly strenous, perhaps fighting in a war or manning a vessel in the middle of the ocean.

What I am getting at is this.
    Sleep is relative to how long you are awake and what you do during that time.

If you are awake for 20 hours, working out, partying, hanging out and then sleep 8 hours it will be difficult to recover and you will still wake up feeling tired because of the stress of 20 hours awake.

Consistency is key, finding the right balance is the most difficult part.

Currently I sleep 8 hours going to bed at 11 PM and waking at 7 am. On nights when I work out hard I wake up the following morning totally exhausted. On recovery days I wake up ready to take on the world. I have found that if I sleep an extra hour the night of a workout I feel a lot better.