25% Off Black Friday Sale

Help/Advice/Input PLEASE... my ab/cut diet

Rep Points

Help/Advice/Input PLEASE... my ab/cut diet

Hello all,

just came to these fourms to look for some advice and some inputs on what i have so far to see where i am standing. I've read so many diffrent articles and inputs that i feel confused at times, some tell me to do this, and in other articles it says not to. So ive pretty much developed my own diet and the ultimate goal in mind is to have my abs show and to cut my bf % down to 12 for starters.

I'm 5'11 170lbs. 2 years ago i was up to 230 and have been devoted to health and building my body back to normal ever since.

BF % is currently 20.

my meal plan -

Morning - bowl of oatmeal, 10oz of nonfat milk
    Snack - turkey slices
    Lunch - about 8oz chicken breast with spinach
    Snack - 8oz of tuna, 1 tblsp of mayo, 2 pickles/ 8oz protein shake
    Dinner - 10oz salmon with spinach/ 8oz protein shake
    Snack - Half cup of non fat cottage cheese
    Take multi vitamin/fish oil as well.
    Gallon of water per day.

All adds up = 1632 calories, 30g carbs, 190g protein, 20g fat.

I do HIIT treadmill cardio about 5 days a week. HIIT cardio stations i.e. (high knees/up downs/mountain climbers.) and 15min ab routine. Im in the process of tweaking my weekly workout routine to add back in weight training as i used to with high reps of low/medium weights.

I went about 12 days solid on this diet, got very boring from all the same foods, felt somewhat sluggish the last few days, and maybe took a crap 2 times out of the whole 12 days. I stopped on this solid diet because i was not sure if i was doing something wrong or if i was on the right track.

I've read other articles and seems like some are saying i need to at least consume up to 2,500/3,000 to cut fat for abs and build muscle, some say keep diet down to 1,600 to cut BF%, just somewhat confused on if i am on the right track with what i have and with the goals i am shooting for.

Please provide me with any advice or tips i can get to maximize my diet and workout, Thanks!

Rep Points

You should consume half a shotglass of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) each day to help keep up your Test levels - I learned that here and I've seen results - yeah do it once or twice a day

But aside from that I would just eat as little as possible and exercise all you can =)

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JMRQ View Post
    You should consume half a shotglass of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) each day to help keep up your Test levels - I learned that here and I've seen results - yeah do it once or twice a day

But aside from that I would just eat as little as possible and exercise all you can =)
    Thanks brudda, i picked it up today, added it to my diet, as well as banana with 1st snack to add some carbs i was slackin on.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JohhnySou View Post
    Thanks brudda, i picked it up today, added it to my diet, as well as banana with 1st snack to add some carbs i was slackin on.
    I fill up a shot glass halfway and sip on it until I drink it all - it doesn't taste bad - but I guess you could have the olive oil with food, I dunno, it just seems easier to take it straight...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JMRQ View Post
    I fill up a shot glass halfway and sip on it until I drink it all - it doesn't taste bad - but I guess you could have the olive oil with food, I dunno, it just seems easier to take it straight...
    i add it to my tuna meal and salad.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Agreed, eat it with your other food.

JohhnySou, 5'11" and 170 lbs - you're THIN! Maybe it's time for you to just eat at maintenance and train hard for a while. If you're 20% bodyfat now, you'll have to diet down to 150 to hit 10% bodyfat - and you'll be a skeleton by then.

PS up your fats. Please read the link in my sig on "Getting Started". Props on the 60 lbs you lost!
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.