• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Mosque Arson - About Time

From the article: "set fire to the construction equipment at the mosque site"

I'm almost comforted that it was directed at construction equipment. Focus. No one was injured save the insurance company, of course. I'm assuming they had their equipment insured.

But there's a lot of truth to this bit, too:

"And local Christian leaders have rallied to support the mosque. Earlier this summer, the Rev. Russell Richardson, pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, which has a new building next door to the proposed mosque site, told Tennessean religion reporter Bob Smietana,
'If we infringe their freedom, we infringe our freedom.'"

Personally, I support the burning of mosques.

Religion sucks.

from the article: "set fire to the construction equipment at the mosque site"

i'm almost comforted that it was directed at construction equipment. Focus. No one was injured save the insurance company, of course. I'm assuming they had their equipment insured.

But there's a lot of truth to this bit, too:

"and local christian leaders have rallied to support the mosque. Earlier this summer, the rev. Russell richardson, pastor of grace baptist church in murfreesboro, which has a new building next door to the proposed mosque site, told tennessean religion reporter bob smietana,
'if we infringe their freedom, we infringe our freedom.'"

+1

I'm not religious at all, but the idea of religious freedom has to be protected, or the freedom to not be religious will disappear as well. Fear makes people do some pretty crazy things, and burning down a mosque is no better than burning a church. I seriously doubt if this is a hotbed for Islamic extremism, and if it is there are far better solutions that burning down a house of worship. Funny thing about freedom, when you start taking them away from people you don't like, your freedoms will be next to go.

^Truth.

But there's also a lot to be said for preemptive action! If the U.S. had been able to preempt the 9/11 attacks then I would have been all for it.

Say there would have been strong intel that an attack was being planned? Arrest, detain, destroy!

But this sounds more like no intel other than a fear or hate of the idea of a mosque being built.

Pretty evil to refuse others their religious freedom, but pretty novel to burn the building equipment. lol

I wonder if the mosque organizers will have difficulty getting the same or some other construction crew to offer services and machinery.

it reminds me of the joke about intelligent life on earth. the alien says no because all our weapons are pointed at each other.

Personally, I support the burning of mosques.

Religion sucks.

I don't like organized religion either. Falsely claiming to be moral.

I think Islam is the most dangerous organized religion, for several reasons. One is that the muslims consider the Quran to be the direct word of god.

This leads to little discussion.

Later Surahs (chapters) in the Quran supercede earlier chapters if there is a contrdiction. Meaning, an early chapter in the Quran talks about peace or non-violence in a particular instance or situation, but a later chapter in the book instructs violence - the latter chapter should be heeded.

As for burning mosques, I honestly believe it's a good thing.

In my home country, China, we target christian churches and detain and torture many missionaries after our 9-11, the Taiping rebellion, which was the bloodiest conflict in history until WW II came along and still the largest revolution in history. We are paranoid that another errant missionary proclaiming the will of Jesus will end up in another Taiping Rebellion. We aren't as paranoid about the muslims. It's very interesting how the two super powers have such different paranois. In South India, the government targets baptist churches since the National Liberation Front of Tripura supposedly represents them ( they go around doing forced conversions of hindus and slaughter them if they don't). I hear it all the time from my hindu scientists. All organized religion sucks. We should get rid of all of them. (Don't have a problem with personal religion). And please, don't tell us chinese it wasn't " real christianity", it is as silly as me telling you what "real buddism" is all about. However, when I came to America, I thought this country would be less like China....

Last edited:
However, when I came to America, I thought this country would be less like China....

It is "a lot less" like China. To think otherwise means that you've stopped playing with reality.

As for this issue, I'm good with the burning. The Muslims in this country are so insensitive, or simply want to be assholes (the likely option), that they want to put a large presence in a place where people who claim to follow their religion committed the largest act of terrorism here; killing 3000 people. Even if the terrorist weren't representative of the Muslim religion (and I've seen plenty of support for the act from Muslims around the world to indicate that they are), they simply don't care enough about Americans to not insult us. It's like putting a big memorial to Isoroku Yamamoto at Pearl Harbor.

So it makes sense that some Americans have become incensed towards Muslims enough to do this. The are a great many freedoms to be had in this country. Not the least of which is get your ass out of it if you're being a dick and don't like the way that you're being treated because of it.

IML Gear Cream!
when i walk around beijing or atlanta, both countries feel the same. Except here I get told I am going to hell more and as a business owner, I have less constraints in the libertarian environment back home.

Let me rephrase, in my country, my government takes care of the insenstive religious kooks and in this country the citizens take up the task. The United states governemnt afterall is a republic, not a true democracy so the popular voice is not heard, only the individual's constitutional rights by law and a representative democracy for powerful lobbiests and special interests...
we make fun of the latter but we envy the fact that you are a true republic. In the end, it is what wins freedom for its citizens, otherwise, there would be no interracial marriage, women's suffrage, jews could not build synegogues etc. since they were once contrary to popular opinion and voice.

Last edited:
when i walk around beijing or atlanta, both countries feel the same. Except here I get told I am going to hell more and as a business owner, I have less constraints in the libertarian environment back home.

Let me rephrase, in my country, my government takes care of the insenstive religious kooks and in this country the citizens take up the task. This governemnt afterall is a republic, not a true democracy so the popular voice is not heard, only the individual's constitutional rights by law and a representative democracy for powerful lobbiests and special interests...

You're right, Chins is sooo much better. A flight to China is only $2100. A small sum to get away from this oppressive country and back to the much better China, wouldn't yous say?

Bye, now.

Not sure what the point of the cost of airfare has to do with this, I fly back and forth to Taiwan all the time.

The point is, both countries have their paranoia and based on terrifying historical precedence. 9-11 ( killed only about 3,000), and taiping rebellion ( killed 45-70 million) . The obvious solution is ... do you become more like china in dealing with your muslims or do you remain the great republic you boast about and protect the moderate muslims who are the equivalent of most of the missionaries that visit our shore's? This question is being posed by the Taiwanese press. ( which is free ). This whole Park 51 issue and stories of mosques being torched has forced my country to wonder about the "Great Republic and protector of individual rights". Of course, it's all propaganda, but this whole mosque issue and how it is treated in this country provides useful fodder for the chinese government. I'm just relaying what my family and collegues in Taiwan are seeing and hearing.

And like I said, it is as a republic, we envy you guys, and which is why I worked so hard to be a citizen. ( I was already used to a democratic electoral process growing up mostly in Taiwan)

Last edited:
My point is that I've sick to death of people from third-world nations coming to this country and saying that it's crap or that their home country is somehow better; all while staying in this country and reaping the benefits.

As for the burning, if someone is going to act like a dick enough to rile the people, as the Muslims have, they lose the right to bitch about it when there's retaliation. I'm not talking about state sponsored retribution, but retribution from the people.

You do NOT get to be a dick here, have the people retaliate, and then talk try to cloak yourself in "I thought this was a free country." Being in a free country doesn't mean that you're free from the consequences of your actions.

I never said my home was better, I kept complimenting your wonderful republic form of government. I would not call Taiwan a third world country. I'm just lucky to be a dual citizen of two great countries.

Now, maybe you can answer my Taiwanese countryman, why are we sacrificing 4000 americans to die for iraqi muslim freedom but won't accord the same respect to american muslim's?

maybe because you don't want them getting nuke's or china to overrun you nation that make them good cd players:thinking:

I never said my home was better, I kept complimenting your wonderful republic form of government. I would not call Taiwan a third world country. I'm just lucky to be a dual citizen of two great countries.

You said that China was better. You wrote, "when i walk around beijing or atlanta, both countries feel the same. Except here I get told I am going to hell more and as a business owner [here in Atlanta]".

Now, maybe you can answer my Taiwanese countryman, why are we sacrificing 4000 americans to die for iraqi muslim freedom but won't accord the same respect to american muslim's?

Because we had a president that made a bad decision. Instead of just taking out an enemy, he decided to try to bring democracy to a people whose culture makes it impossible to do so. In other words, wasting American lives in the Middle East is the will of a politician, treating Muslims here like shit is the will of the people.

I should point out that when I say "treating Muslims here like shit", I mean it in the first-world sense, not the way in which most of the rest of the world means it. With the occasional exception, it just means telling them not to build the mosques in certain places. I'm not talking about the crap that goes down in third-world countries

You said that China was better. You wrote, "when i walk around beijing or atlanta, both countries feel the same. Except here I get told I am going to hell more and as a business owner [here in Atlanta]".

it does feel the same, I have no restrictions, except in the deep christian south i get told as an athiest I will go to hell. High buddism and taoism does not believe in the supernatural so athiesm is respected rather than condemed.

Business in china is now in the robber baron industrial age that existed in america where you can lauch a business with very few restrictions and even pollute and mistreat workers as much as you want. I did not say that was good. Good for business owners, not good for employees. DOn't worry.... unions and the EPA will come in time to China.

because we had a president that made a bad decision. Instead of just taking out an enemy, he decided to try to bring democracy to a people whose culture makes it impossible to do so. In other words, wasting American lives in the Middle East is the will of a politician, treating Muslims here like shit is the will of the people.

I should point out that when I say "treating Muslims here like shit", I mean it in the first-world sense, not the way in which most of the rest of the world means it. With the occasional exception, it just means telling them not to build the mosques in certain places. I'm not talking about the crap that goes down in third-world countries

we both agree bush made a bad decision. The middle east is no different from china. We are a country of over 50 ethnic groups and religions, ready to tear each other's throat off. The only reaon it doesn't is that we have a totalitarian government, that for good or bad, keeps that in check and has done so succssfully for thousands of years. Most of the middle east , when aartifical lines were drawn by the europeans ( in iraq, by the english and winston churchill) and threw kurds with sunnis and shiis etc, they became like china. Most of them need a totalitarian government or dictator. We both agree on that.

But, the "official" doctrine that we asians hear for our involvement in iraq is to bring them freedom so we get confused when american citizens ( not the government) tells a muslim he doesn't have the freedom to build mosques in nashville or florida ( they also had a mosque bombing). Once again, we admire the fact that this government respects their constitutional rights. No other country protects it's citizen's individual's rights like this country, a badge most americans should proudly wear but don't when being a republic goes against their belief system.

Last edited:
Well when they plan to kill people in china.islam what would your gov would do to these people? they would never be seen again...:coffee:

(snip) As for this issue, I'm good with the burning. (snip)

Did everyone who's commenting read the article? The unidentified culprits set fire to the construction equipment at the mosque site.

This deed did no harm to any Muslims as far as I read other than to slow down the construction of their mosque.

Unless the equipment was owned by the Muslim members. :geewhiz:

So if "the will of the people" was to somehow do damage to Muslims or otherwise treat them like sh1t it's pretty much fail.

from third-world nations coming to this country and saying that it's crap or that their home country is somehow better

From Wikipedia:

According to the classification from International Monetary Fund before April 2004, all the countries of Eastern Europe (including Central European countries that still belong to the Eastern Europe Group in the UN institutions) as well as the former Soviet Union (U.S.S.R.) countries in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan) and Mongolia, were not included under either developed or developing regions, but rather were referred to as "countries in transition"; however they are now widely regarded (in the international reports) as "developing countries". In the 21st century, the original Four Asian Tigers (which are Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea) are considered "developed" region or areas, along with Cyprus, Czech republic, Israel, Malta and Slovenia.

(snip) maybe you can answer my Taiwanese countryman, why are we sacrificing 4000 americans to die for iraqi muslim freedom but won't accord the same respect to american muslim's?

I'll field that one.

Two different populations. Those 4,000 Americans sacrificing their lives are military personnel while the ones burning construction equipment are not.

In other words, service members are following orders while those messing with American Muslims are following their gut. I'll also guess that it's safe to say that many U.S. military personnel have no opinion (or a less than favorable opinion) on according respect to Muslims.

Again, they're following orders. Served five years in the Navy and don't recall ever once telling a superior to wait for me to balance an order against my personal values and morals.

IML Gear Cream!
good post curt:coffee:

islam is just a bastardisation of judeism and christianity, which as both based on myth and horseshit . . like a "me too" religion.

Of course, but once again, just expressing how the Pacific RIm looks at this. Our media, the free media, like yours, subsists on sensationalism, rather than rationalism. We get that mosques are being targeted, ( not that the equiptment was destroyed) that an islamic center with a pool and culinary school and a gym for muslim point gaurds can't be built 3 blocks from ground zero even though it is located in Little Syria, etc.

by the way, the news we got in Taiwan was that the FLorida mosque had been bombed during evening prayers, it did not make news in your country.

:thinking:

islam is just a bastardisation of judeism and christianity, which as both based on myth and horseshit . . like a "me too" religion.

i agree, just very wierd how they have so much in common and fight so much amongst themselves. You don't see buddists and christians going at each other, i guess it's like siblings, they fight more than distant cousins.....

The majority of humanity are so deluded it's not even funny. Even if there was a God it would be beyond all human comprehension and it wouldn't concern itself too much with the human race. Nature couldn't care less which species become extinct and we are no exception.
Superstition is our evolutionary baggage that we can't seem to let go.
Islam is by far the most toxic and malignant of all the religions but Christianity was once the biggest culprit, it just evolved into a religion of peace (thank Christ). Just aswell christians don't even bother to read the bible anymore as it is downright evil unless you cherry pick the nice stuff.

Mosque at ground zero?! Wtf is this world coming to? The US blows the shit out of brown people to steal their oil yet on its home turf it cowers to Islam for the sake of political correctness. Ban all organized religion I say and teach evolution to young children as after all it is a fact and anybody that denies it is a reality denier plain and simple. Teaching children bullshit should be against the law.

There seems to be a lot of atheists on this board but it amazes me at how America is leading the world in science yet they are the most religious of all the 1st world countries, many of them actually believe the world is 6000 years old. :roflmao::coffee:

get confused when american citizens ( not the government) tells a muslim he doesn't have the freedom to build mosques in nashville or florida ( they also had a mosque bombing).

May 10, 2010.

YouTube Video

yes, this story was all over the taiwanese press and of course in Tripura, India. But noone here has heard of it unfortunately.

^First I've heard of it.

i agree, just very wierd how they have so much in common and fight so much amongst themselves. You don't see buddists and christians going at each other, i guess it's like siblings, they fight more than distant cousins.....

Oh, that comment has me Googling! lol

Muay Thai much? :D

(Okay, that's probably not such a good example. :p)

And for the Christians you have only to look at Cain and Abel. :paddle:

Uh... wait, what were they?

HA! Teh Interwebz knows all!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7257471/

Last edited:
many of them actually believe the world is 6000 years old. :roflmao::coffee:

funny story, i was trying to tell a patient of mine who was overweight that we were not meant to eat starches , ( unless you are a farmer 100 yrs ago burning 10,000 calories a day plowing fields) and we were meant to eat more like cavemen, lean meats, scavenging for fruits, berries, nuts and raw vegetables. She gasped and said, you believe we used to be cavemen? Cane and Able, direct sons of adam and eve were not cavemen !." I had to almost leave the room to pound my head against the wall.

Back