IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Armed Man With Bomb Takes Employees Hostage Inside Discovery Channel Building

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Post Armed Man With Bomb Takes Employees Hostage Inside Discovery Channel Building

Armed Man With Bomb Takes Employees Hostage Inside Discovery Channel Building

A man known for protesting the Discovery Channel stormed the network's Maryland headquarters carrying a handgun on Wednesday, taking a 'small number' of hostages while appearing to have a bomb strapped to his chest, police said.

The Montgomery County Police Department said Wednesday that they are negotiating with the man who is holding hostages on the ground floor of the building in Silver Spring, Md., a suburb directly north of Washington, D.C.

Discovery Communications told Fox News that the gunman is James Jay Lee of San Diego, Calif., a man well-known to Discovery employees with a history of protesting the network. Maryland police, however, have not yet confirmed the suspect's identity.

Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger told reporters Wednesday that a male suspect entered the building and waved a handgun at approximately 1 p.m. Manger would not confirm how many shots, if any, were fired inside the building.

"We have no reports of injuries at this point," Manger said. "At this point, we're still negotiating with him."

A gunman who had what police described as "concerns" with the Discovery Channel networks took at least one person hostage in the company's suburban Washington headquarters.

Police in Maryland are responding to a hostage situation after reports that a man with a handgun entered the Discovery Channel headquarters building in Silver Spring.

One witness reported to Fox News that the suspect was wearing a vest that appeared to have two pipe bombs strapped to it.

Manger said the gunman was wearing "what appeared to be metallic canister devices" when he entered the building.

"The man told everyone to just stay still," Manger said.

Dan Friz, a spokesman with the Montgomery County Police Department, told Fox News that police were initially dispatched to the building after a report of shots fired at approximately 1 p.m.

The suspect, identified by police as an Asian male, has "some sort of device on him that may be explosive in nature," Friz said.

Some witnesses reported that the man fired a shot before declaring, "Nobody is going anywhere," police said.

The suspect is believed to have distributed a manifesto outside the building several weeks ago that called on the Discovery Channel to "broadcast to the world their commitment to save the planet."

"All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions," the list of demands read.

"In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it."

Employees at the Discovery Channel building were told to take cover in locked offices, according to local press accounts.

A company e-mail sent to employees reportedly said: "Don't Return to 1DP Until Further Notice...No employee should return to 1DP for any reason."

Authorities have so far not said if the gunman works for Discovery Communications now or worked there in the past.

Witnesses from a building across the street told Fox News that authorities rushed four stretchers into the building.

Children at a day care center located inside the Discovery Building were reportedly safely evacuated to a nearby McDonald's restaurant. Some babies were wheeled out of the building while still in their cribs.

Discovery Communications LLC operates cable and satellite networks in the U.S. including The Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet. Discovery shows include "Cash Cab" and "Man vs. Wild," and TLC airs "American Chopper" and "Kate Plus Eight."

Animal Planet also airs the controversial series "Whale Wars," about attempts by environmentalists to disrupt the Japanese whaling industry.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

ROFL! I support his cause.
    Fucking Determined!

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

This guy is obviously a nut job.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I still support his cause!
    Fucking Determined!

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Good luck with that one. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you in federal prison.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Did he go their hunting Myke Hunt?
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vortrit View Post
    Good luck with that one. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you in federal prison.
    Dead. Mulch.Pushing up the daisies. Helping the planet. Mission accomplished....somewhat.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Here's his MySpace page: MySpace - Lee - 43 - Male - Silver Spring, Maryland - myspace.com/worldguardian

Ha! His myspace mood : vibrant

The People's choice

Rep Points

Just heard on the radio, they capped his ass, hes gone

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    Dead. Mulch.Pushing up the daisies. Helping the planet. Mission accomplished....somewhat.
    Yeah, way more likely.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions," the list of demands read.
    i support him also because less of them assholes to blow themselfs up ..but they do have cheap hookers
    If you strike me down(ban me)I'll become more powerful than ever.. Don't say i don't warn you.

RDRSE Ghost Assassin
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

He's dead...
    If you strike me down(ban me)I'll become more powerful than ever.. Don't say i don't warn you.

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

They've got a built-in show now. Surviving a hostage situation. It's not a total loss.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Here's his MySpace page: MySpace - Lee - 43 - Male - Silver Spring, Maryland - myspace.com/worldguardian

Ha! His myspace mood : vibrant
    Page is gone now, but in the comments people were asking if he saved the world yet, several months back....
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Recessions always bring out the nut jobs
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

So this guy was against war but his main peeve was overpopulation, shit war is a great herd culler....

I think dude was flipping between TLC and NickToons while writing his manifesto....

“filthy human children,” “parasitic human infants,” sounds like Invader Zim....