• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why can't Victor Martinez win the Mr. Olympia?

Why can't Victor Martinez win the Mr. Olympia?

• What? He CAN win the Olympia!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • His leg is not 100%.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • His conditioning will be off.

• His conditioning was spot on, but he missed his peak at prejudging.

• POLITICS!

• (insert name of competitor "here") will surprise Vic and everyone else!

• Jay will destroy all with his size, conditioning, and Returning Champion status.

• Other (please elaborate in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
"mightybull" over on MD's board asked the following question and I'd love to read IronMagazine resident views on the topic.

Mr.O:Why Vic Martinez cant win? what are your thoughts and suggestions?

victormartinezmro2010.jpg

I've already chimed in:

buffguy said:
Because Heath, Kai, Jay, and Dex will be better than him.

Martinez placed ahead of Dex at the 2006 O and he beat Dexter for the Arnold in 2007. Plus he placed 6th at last year's Olympia while still recovering from his surgery, right?

Victor Martinez can definitely place ahead of Dex and Heath. Most agree that he beat Cutler in 2007 and it's definitely a case of apples versus oranges when comparing Martinez to Greene.

I just pray they all arrive in Vegas in their best ever condition. That will be an Olympia to end all Olympias! :thumbs:

Redux said:
The only thing keeping Vic from winning the O is the bullshit politics that stole the 07 Olympia from him.

Gotta wonder.

motoworldkid said:
if he is peeled

Yeah, but that part is critical.

Arnold in 1980, Franco in 1981 both had "legend status" (or politics) boosting their "win factor". I'd argue that Victor has "doesn't come in shredded" hanging from his neck at every show. Unfair? Troy Alves was chased by "no shredded glutes" nonsense for his contest career. How many times do you recall that being the focus of articles about Alves in the past? It's absurd.

Call it politics or call it some subconscious prejudice or physique bias. But the winners and "losers" are determined by more than just what the judges see on stage at any given contest.

victormartinezbyperbernal.jpg

Back