• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pets, and why people have them.

soxmuscle

Follow @TheUnzippedFly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I grew up with a family dog before it was murdered a couple months back following a bad bite on my step-dads face. She had a good run, like 15 years of non-stop barking, shedding, and eating my clothes.

I also had a cat named Kodak when I was really young before moving to Chicago. I remember being enamored by her, but I don't really know why.

My aunt, who has had bouts with depression, has always had a dog, one in particular was a big part of our upbringing.

I know why I became insensitive to pets, and why I'm able to joke about my dog being put to sleep. Quite frankly, I found my dog to be a pain in the ass.

That doesn't mean I hate animals. I love my girlfriends family dog, even though I pet it lovingly while muttering "you stupid piece of shit!" "yes, you are a stupid piece of shit!"

I love her whore of a family cat who roams around all night, most likely slutting it up with the other neighborhood rats... I mean cats.

I'll never be an animal lover. I can take them or leave them. I prefer to make bonds and relationships with actual human beings. But that's not the point of this thread.

What I never realized until recently was why so many people are fascinated by pets; The old lady on every block who has multiple cats or the guy featured on To Catch a Predator who puts peanut butter on his cock and has his dog lick it off...

The reason people have pets is because they're lonely, lacking something in their lives, and are incapable of finding happiness on their own.

There are exceptions; Steve Irwin, for instance, is an animal lover, whose fascination with animals is like my fascination with baseball.

I came to this conclusion after moving into an apartment complex with mostly single units. I can't say this with 100% certainty but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person without an animal.

After a couple weeks on my own, I can certainly understand feeling lonely from time to time, though that's rarely how I feel.

I can also understand feeling as if something is lacking from your life, whether it be numerous friends or a relationship... My girlfriend and I split up for a while at the beginning of the summer and I felt pretty hurt at times.

But where I differentiate from another tenant in my complex is that though I have moments where I hate the world (like this afternoon, when I'm down in the dumps about some smelly towel-head, who actually brought peace to my brain tonight after he placed an $80.58 order and tipped me a dollar, which I could only laugh at as I stood outside of his door) or days where I'm feeling depressed (breaking up with my girlfriend) or days when I don't feel good about myself (if I've skipped a few workouts and/or partied too hard), I can find happiness on my own; that is, without a pet who loves me (or loves that I feed it) I can be happy. For instance, tonight, watching baseball in the background and writing this essay of a rant. I'm content.

So yes, to conclude, I never intended to overtake LW's thread. However, I personally believe that people who own pets are either fascinated by animals, ala the Steve Irwin type, or are simply weak-minded individuals, ala my Aunt.

I love my Aunt to death, and would do anything for her, as she would for me, but what she gets out of her dog taking her morning steamy load, I would only get for a child of mine.

Thoughts...

Interesting. I love animals a great deal, and for me I think it goes back to being a little kid and going out with friends and seeing all the wild animals in the hills and forests near our home. I had snakes and turtles and even an iguana as a kid, and as an adult, I've always liked dogs and cats. My wife and I are members of the local zoo and wild animal park, and I love watching the big cats. I can spend hours watching the gorillas. The polar bears and pandas are fascinating as well. You get the idea. I'm sure in some cases people use animals as a kind of substitute for emptiness in their lives, but I think a lot of folks just like animals.

Of course. We're talking pets here, not the annual trip to the Zoo. I went to the Indianapolis Zoo this summer, and saw a baboon with a completely erect penis. The best part was when everybody in the crowd started laughing and we saw this big huge pink schlong go down right in front of our eyes.

Of course. We're talking pets here, not the annual trip to the Zoo. I went to the Indianapolis Zoo this summer, and saw a baboon with a completely erect penis. The best part was when everybody in the crowd started laughing and we saw this big huge pink schlong go down right in front of our eyes.

That's hilarious. I do like pets, too. We have a cat, and I have a friend who trains German Shepherds and Malamutes, and as soon as we get a place with room, I'd love to adopt one of his dogs. He trains for law inforcement as well as for helper animals for the blind. Beautiful animals.

penisbaboon.jpg

You can kind of make it out, if you make it big... no pun intended.

Man, the Iphone has a solid camera.

That's hilarious. I do like pets, too. We have a cat, and I have a friend who trains German Shepherds and Malamutes, and as soon as we get a place with room, I'd love to adopt one of his dogs. He trains for law inforcement as well as for helper animals for the blind. Beautiful animals.

I see.

Well then, you're an animal lover and don't fall into the category of people I was referring to.

The beauty you see in a "beautiful animal," I see in Dustin Pedroia's jock strap.

I see.

Well then, you're an animal lover and don't fall into the category of people I was referring to.

The beauty you see in a "beautiful animal," I see in Dustin Pedroia's jock strap.

Imagine if it was a GREAT second baseman like, say Robinson Cano. Just kidding, just kidding-Pedroia is an awesome player.

Robinson Cano is the best second baseman in the league right now. Of course Pedroia and Utley have been hurt all year, but there is no denying just how good of a player Cano is at this point.

IML Gear Cream!
Robinson Cano is the best second baseman in the league right now. Of course Pedroia and Utley have been hurt all year, but there is no denying just how good of a player Cano is at this point.

Very true, but when he is healthy I love watching Pedroia play. That guy is a competitor. Chase Utley is great, too.

The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude. ~Robert Brault

pets are not about being lonely. vanity calls me Greta, for Greta Garbo cuz i LIKE to be alone. i can stand the company of my pets but people get on my nerves rather quickly and i want them to leave. i like people, i really do, but i'd rather like them from afar. i think animals are fascinating. a house cat is a lot like a rather small lion or tiger. it's surreal to me that they share our company so readily, let themselves be pets. we have rats too and they are clever, and funny they don't need to provide anything to be liked for themselves and their own individual and distinct personalities.

steve erwin should not have died. :( me n my kids cried about that one.

how many people do you like enough to clean up their poop? :thinking:

Last edited:
maybe you would like dogs better if they played baseball :thinking:

I guess i'm half and half of the two categories you mentioned. I'm fascinated by all types of animals because they're really interesting, and you really have no idea whats going through their heads, but i also love my dog just because of the affection he shows everybody, and how much i enjoy having him around.

Don't get me wrong though, i have plenty of friends, an 8 year relationship, and lots of hobbies etc. I'd never prioritize the dog's life over a human, and i realize he is a retarded creature and can't understand English. I hate when people actually have serious conversations with their pets. I once tried to ask him about what he thought about the large hadron collider and he barked but i'm not sure what that means.

But yeah, he's a great pet and does what a pet should - makes people laugh by doing stupid/adorable shit, doesn't 'make' in the house, and barks the place down when anybody comes within seven miles of our street.

airbud-large.jpg

I hate Air Bud.

that's basketball dear.

what i hate is people who don't for whatever reason have a pet or want a pet but people still try and hook them up with one. there is nothing wrong with a pet free life or recognizing you pet comfort zone. certain smells or responsibilities rule out some pets no matter how cute or fascinating they are.

So you believe people love animals out of weakness of character? I have heard people hint at that before without just coming out and saying it. Family pets provide an endless supply of amusement, comedy, and love. If that is weakness of character, everyone on earth who is having a good time is weak of character.

I have seen the toughest and strongest of people watch a wife walk right out the door with no reaction at all only to break down into a sobbing ball of self pity in later months when their dog gets hit by a car and killed. There is a reason for that. Pets are loyal and honest. They don't deceive, lie, backstop, manipulate, or fuck your girlfriend when you are out of town. They find a place in our hearts.

They are who they present themselves to be. That alone is a quality that humans lost a long time ago, and is one of the reasons I trust a damn cat more than I trust my own brother. Human's are smart, but they are not half as loyal and honest as most other mammals.

The comedy is nonstop. Young cats and dogs spend their day doing stupid shit that is as hilarious to me as the most well prepared joke ever could be. The love comes from a bond of trust. The sadness and empathy I feel when I see animal cruelty remains one off the few links I still have to my humanity. It is a violation of a pure spirit. I feel the same way about abused children. Sure, they may turn into shitty adults one day, but a child has a pure spirit and I have empathy for them, also.

Most people are ugly and evil on the inside lacking any empathy for the weak. The torture and mistreatment of the weaker souls is funny to those people, and they laugh about it. I don't think it is very funny at all. I think if you laughed in my face about someone torturing an animal, I would smash your nose. I'm not pretending to be white knight here. I am a cold, coarse, and stuck up dickhead who usually doesn't give a flying fuck about the suffering of others. But I have a soft spot for animals, because I believe they are innocent.

I miss my dog after this thread.

I agree with what Kelju said - the love of an animal is complete and without any conditions. I wish the same could be true of most human relationships i've had in the past, romantic or otherwise.

Just for fun:

attachment.php

Most awkward place to sleep when i'm working in the yard.

attachment.php

Get this idiot away from me.

attachment.php

Somehow he got in there and tucked himself in. To this day i don't know how he managed that.

Attachments

• byard.jpg
    byard.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 59
  • bgaz.jpg
    bgaz.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 58
  • bbed.jpg
    bbed.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 58
I'd never prioritize the dog's life over a human, and i realize he is a retarded creature and can't understand English. I hate when people actually have serious conversations with their pets. I once tried to ask him about what he thought about the large hadron collider and he barked but i'm not sure what that means.

depending on the breed some have vocabularies of 200+ words. my 3 year old Portuguese water dog can fetch 5 different toys be name

IML Gear Cream!
I thought they only recognized certain tones of voice rather than actual words?

Thats pretty impressive, though!

So you believe people love animals out of weakness of character? I have heard people hint at that before without just coming out and saying it. Family pets provide an endless supply of amusement, comedy, and love. If that is weakness of character, everyone on earth who is having a good time is weak of character.

I have seen the toughest and strongest of people watch a wife walk right out the door with no reaction at all only to break down into a sobbing ball of self pity in later months when their dog gets hit by a car and killed. There is a reason for that. Pets are loyal and honest. They don't deceive, lie, backstop, manipulate, or fuck your girlfriend when you are out of town. They find a place in our hearts.

They are who they present themselves to be. That alone is a quality that humans lost a long time ago, and is one of the reasons I trust a damn cat more than I trust my own brother. Human's are smart, but they are not half as loyal and honest as most other mammals.

The comedy is nonstop. Young cats and dogs spend their day doing stupid shit that is as hilarious to me as the most well prepared joke ever could be. The love comes from a bond of trust. The sadness and empathy I feel when I see animal cruelty remains one off the few links I still have to my humanity. It is a violation of a pure spirit. I feel the same way about abused children. Sure, they may turn into shitty adults one day, but a child has a pure spirit and I have empathy for them, also.

Most people are ugly and evil on the inside lacking any empathy for the weak. The torture and mistreatment of the weaker souls is funny to those people, and they laugh about it. I don't think it is very funny at all. I think if you laughed in my face about someone torturing an animal, I would smash your nose. I'm not pretending to be white knight here. I am a cold, coarse, and stuck up dickhead who usually doesn't give a flying fuck about the suffering of others. But I have a soft spot for animals, because I believe they are innocent.
I agree, Man keljew thats deep my knigglet:coffee:

I should have been more clear, but family pets don't necessarily fall into my line of thinking. I grew up with a dog and when I asked my Mom what her reasoning was for getting her, she really didn't have one and went on to say that she had one growing up as well and saw it as a sign of a family.

My step-Dad, who had holes in his face/cheek was the one trying to persuade my Mother not to put her to sleep. With no children of his own, and the boys making it clear that my Dad was my Dad and my step-Dad was my step-Dad, our dog was his child. It's these types of people that I don't understand.

That's a great point. Whereas my brothers and I may discard a proposal of his, the dog was always there for him. Same goes for the people in this apartment complex; their boyfriends or girlfriends might fuck them over, but they know every night when they go home, their pet will be there waiting.

If you think I condone animal cruelty, you missed the point of my post. I can joke about Michael Vick, but there is research connecting animal cruelty and actual human cruelty; in other words, Michael Vick is a fucked up human being, and a weak minded piece of shit, with or without a pet.

This is where I think we're alike. I just don't care enough about pets to get worked up about them, regardless of where somebody stands.

Good post, as usual.

I guess i'm half and half of the two categories you mentioned. I'm fascinated by all types of animals because they're really interesting, and you really have no idea whats going through their heads, but i also love my dog just because of the affection he shows everybody, and how much i enjoy having him around.

Don't get me wrong though, i have plenty of friends, an 8 year relationship, and lots of hobbies etc. I'd never prioritize the dog's life over a human, and i realize he is a retarded creature and can't understand English. I hate when people actually have serious conversations with their pets. I once tried to ask him about what he thought about the large hadron collider and he barked but i'm not sure what that means.

But yeah, he's a great pet and does what a pet should - makes people laugh by doing stupid/adorable shit, doesn't 'make' in the house, and barks the place down when anybody comes within seven miles of our street.

I didn't intend to make it so black and white.

You can be a dog owner and not be weak minded.

By the looks of your next post, it looks like you two shared an awesome bond. Or you got something out of your dog that a non-pet owner gets out of something that fascinates them. Again, Dustin Pedroia's jock strap.

depending on the breed some have vocabularies of 200+ words. my 3 year old Portuguese water dog can fetch 5 different toys be name

i love those dogs, but, how did you pay for three there very, very expensive dogs. i think one of the most expensive breeds there are. i have a pit whos akc certified. but i do love your taste in dogs.

I wish the same could be true of most human relationships i've had in the past, romantic or otherwise.

I never meant to hurt you.

Back