Divine Nutrition

Anxiety

Thread: Anxiety

Weapon of Choice
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Anxiety

I think I'm finally giving in to myself and going to see a doctor about possibly getting medication for what I term an anxiety condition that I seem to have. I am fairly certain I am suffering from something, hopefully a medical professional will be able to tell me the specifics on what it is. I do know that I tend to really worry a lot and it drives me nuts. For example, I feel the need to check in often times to make sure things are ok, like let's say I go out for the night and my in laws are watching my kids, I practically need to call them just to know that they are doing ok and in bed or whatever, and the problem is that if I call my house and no one answers the phone, I get real, real panicky about it, and I am just unsettled until I hear from them that everything is ok.

Another example just happened today. My son was screaming cause I took away a toy of his and he was driving me apeshit, so I picked him up and brought him into his room and threw him onto his bed, possibly a bit too hard, but nonetheless, threw him on the bed. He began crying and telling me his throat hurt...i was like oh shit. He was fine 2 minutes later, probably just stunned him, but in my head all night I'm thinking that I did something bad to him and now that he's sleeping, I've checked on him twice already to make sure he's ok.

I just need something to help me not get so crazy, something to take the edge off of things I think. So all this back story leads me to my question. What kind of doctor should I see for this? Should I just go to my regular doctor, or should I go to someone else, and if it's someone else, what kind?

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

See your regular doctor first. Get a referral for a psychiatrist and counseler.

There are probably other things there in your life that are causing these feelings. You need to get those taken care of. Taking some pills helps but it isn't permanent.

Rep Points

A counselor would be the best choice. And here's a tip...try to exercise a little more because physical exercises release the tension...it might work out.

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

MMMmmm I dont know. Sounds liek natural anxiety to me that is just a bit tweaked. I have panic attacks and let me tell you, Id trade spots with you any day.

Id just take some valerian root when youre at home like your example with your son and if youre out, have a beer. Not self medicating, more like, taking it easy. Nothing to the extreme of taking a pill everyday or a xanax break.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart14 View Post
    I think I'm finally giving in to myself and going to see a doctor about possibly getting medication for what I term an anxiety condition that I seem to have. I am fairly certain I am suffering from something, hopefully a medical professional will be able to tell me the specifics on what it is. I do know that I tend to really worry a lot and it drives me nuts. For example, I feel the need to check in often times to make sure things are ok, like let's say I go out for the night and my in laws are watching my kids, I practically need to call them just to know that they are doing ok and in bed or whatever, and the problem is that if I call my house and no one answers the phone, I get real, real panicky about it, and I am just unsettled until I hear from them that everything is ok.

Another example just happened today. My son was screaming cause I took away a toy of his and he was driving me apeshit, so I picked him up and brought him into his room and threw him onto his bed, possibly a bit too hard, but nonetheless, threw him on the bed. He began crying and telling me his throat hurt...i was like oh shit. He was fine 2 minutes later, probably just stunned him, but in my head all night I'm thinking that I did something bad to him and now that he's sleeping, I've checked on him twice already to make sure he's ok.

I just need something to help me not get so crazy, something to take the edge off of things I think. So all this back story leads me to my question. What kind of doctor should I see for this? Should I just go to my regular doctor, or should I go to someone else, and if it's someone else, what kind?
    stay away from the benzo family, it can create a whole new batch of problems. seriously, not joking. best wishes to you!!!!!!!!

BOARD REP

Rep Points

^^^i totally agree. stay away from all benzodiazepines, ie; xanax, tranxene, valium, klonopin. u just have basic aniexty and if u need something try vistaril its a antihistamine with seditive side effects and u wont get withdrawl and it works well and no withdrawl syndrome when u stop. cause the benzos can cause horrifying withdrawl side effects and it will bring u to your knees in panic and fear, whole bunch of other bad withdrawl u didnt have before. and u can die from the withdrawls. xanax is the worst one to withdrawl from, oh, halcion to. thats a benzo hypnotic. hope u can do it on your own. if your on gear it can make u more uneasy. good luck brother.

all information given is fictional and only for entertainment purposes only. it is legal to use performance enhancement medications where i live. please seek medical advice before using any performance drug, and only if its legal in your country.

Rep Points

Lot of counselors specialize in anxiety disorders. Quite a few anxiety-riddled people out there these days. Very stressful times.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by unclem View Post
    ^^^i totally agree. stay away from all benzodiazepines, ie; xanax, tranxene, valium, klonopin. u just have basic aniexty and if u need something try vistaril its a antihistamine with seditive side effects and u wont get withdrawl and it works well and no withdrawl syndrome when u stop. cause the benzos can cause horrifying withdrawl side effects and it will bring u to your knees in panic and fear, whole bunch of other bad withdrawl u didnt have before. and u can die from the withdrawls. xanax is the worst one to withdrawl from, oh, halcion to. thats a benzo hypnotic. hope u can do it on your own. if your on gear it can make u more uneasy. good luck brother.
    So very true!!!!! Very good advice, Unclem!!!!!!