• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Diet Coke, Pepsi Max, artificial sweetners

perfecto

dirty but nice
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Although ad's say diet coke no calories etc, what do yawl really think of these artificially sweetened drinks?

Are they bad for you?

Is the artificial sugar in the end turned to fat?

thanx dude

perfecto...I moved your question about the links to the suggestions forums :)

Well i don't drink them anyway, cause they churn my stomach, but i know Gopro likes diet coke during cutting cause it helps him battle any sugar cravings.

It would all depend. A diet coke may spike insulin, but if there is no glucose or fat in the blood for it to drive into the cells, who the hell cares. I would say it would be an ok addition in the am regardless. I choose not to drink them cause they give me gas. ;)

Originally posted by Duncan
It would all depend. A diet coke may spike insulin, but if there is no glucose or fat in the blood for it to drive into the cells, who the hell cares. I would say it would be an ok addition in the am regardless. I choose not to drink them cause they give me gas. ;)

Firstly, "spiked" insulin can shut off lipolysis totally for a few hours. Of course, being in calorie deficit this doesn't have the same impact, but still.

Secondly, i doubt a diet coke will "spike" insulin. Even if it does elevate insulin levels in the blood, i doubt it will elevate them into territory considered "spiked".

By the way, just thinking about food can cause an insulin response in anticipation. Kinda like mouth watering stuff etc... I can't remember what it's called exactly, but i have read a small amount on it. Not much though.

Its called the Cephalic Insulin Response. Even tasting sweet foods/liquids will give it to you. That is the basis of avoiding aspartame while cutting.

Lyle was asked about this on his forum, so he went and did some research. Basically, its BS and the study (studies) isn't (aren't) realistic, the subjects were given waaay too much aspartame, the equivalent of about a 2 liter bottle of diet coke.

Back