• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Protein. How long can it last?

The Rose

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How long can protein powder last in water? I usually store up to 3 days worth in the refrigerator.

This is a very interesting question and I've been searching for info for the past couple of days.

I've found nothing!

I too mix my protein powders with water, but only keep a day's worth in the frig at a time.

I would GUESS that 3 days SHOULD be just fine for whey isolates since they contain undetectable levels of bacterial pathogens. With that said, it might make sense to think that the shelf life (or frig life) would be that of whatever you use to mix it.

Sorry for not providing a definitive answer...

My 2 cents...

Have you tried calling or E-mailing the companies?? Just a thought..??

Just curious..why mix so much?

I do not have a scientific answer either, but I would not mix more than 24hours prior to drinking.

why do you need to store 3 days worth anyway? I mix and drink my whey protein drinks when I want to drink one.

I can tell you some stuff tastes icky if it sits like that, but I dunno the real answer.

I just finished a jug that sat for 4 days. No ill effects yet. (I think the gas is from all the beans and grapes.)

The reason I make so much ahead of time is because my roomies are asleep when I'm home. Cranking the blender 3-4 times a day wouldn't go over well in this house. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Prince
use a mixer rather than a blender.

umm...there's a difference? :confused:

Sorry to sound like a nimrod, but please explain. :rolleyes:

yes, I use a mixer...it has a stainless steel cup, and you put the cup onto the stand, and a little mixer thing goes into it. kinda like the ones they use at DQ when they mix a blizard, but not that powerful.
you can get them at places like wal-mart.

Back